Lost Vape Drone Squonk

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
So lost vape's solution is to use less glue? How does that fix anything? Allow the magnet to break off from the door before it puts too much stress on it?

Using stronger/proper materials in critical places would be a better solution.
He said they resolved the issue.

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
If you say so, I certainly never said they didn't use enough glue or that the magnet had fallen out!

Anyway, I'll leave you guys to get on with it, just wanted to clarify the crack and give the facts.

All the best

Todd
Thanks for replying to my email and clarifying on here so fast!

diagrammatiks

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2018
I mean I think we’re conflating two issues here.

On your prototype your saying that excess glue caused a stress point on the magnet mounts that can causes a fracture. You caused that to happen by dropping it. Unclear how lv caused it to happen.

But the other issue here is whether the door itself is sturdy enough for daily use even with the fixed glue issue.

I don’t really know the answer to that question either.

What I do know is that the door is far less sturdy then the old one. That’s not necessarily bad but it might hover into flimsy territory for some people.

• Agree
Reactions: score69

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
I mean I think we’re conflating two issues here.

On your prototype your saying that excess glue caused a stress point on the magnet mounts that can causes a fracture. You caused that to happen by dropping it. Unclear how lv caused it to happen.

But the other issue here is whether the door itself is sturdy enough for daily use even with the fixed glue issue.

I don’t really know the answer to that question either.

What I do know is that the door is far less sturdy then the old one. That’s not necessarily bad but it might hover into flimsy territory for some people.
If you go back and watch all of the reviews on the original, everyone comments on how heavy it is. Lost Vape took notice and made the new version much lighter with different materials. Now people will complain about that. You know that saying about not being able to please everyone?

• Agree
Reactions: Eskie

Mark Todd

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2012
    Fife, Scotland
    www.toddsreviews.com
    This is slate and I am bouncing that door off it, I mean throwing it off it here and no cracks appearing.

Now my door is scratched up but this is not flimsy.

I have no dog in this fight and I'm making no guarantees but I have bounced this about 20 times here and no cracks.

Can I go now [emoji23]
    9ad953b784161a628ff4c38c8a1425fd.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

score69

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 28, 2015
    Athens, GA, USA
    This is slate and I am bouncing that door off it, I mean throwing it off it here and no cracks appearing.

I have no dog in this fight and I'm making no guarantees but I have bounced this about 20 times here and no cracks.

Can I go now [emoji23]

My guess is that the stress fracture requires the magnet to be held solid (attached to the mod). So probably a much worse stress on the door for it to fall with the door attached to the mod.

Don't think anyone will ask you to do that though. ;)

Thanks for the feedback.

VapourFlavour

Moved On
    Oct 16, 2018
    Ontario, Canada

Can I go now [emoji23]

Thanks for coming on and keep the reviews coming please!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread