Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
As for laundry, I have a very small portable washer with two tubs. One has an agitator for wash and rinse, and the second tub to spin most of the water out. It can only do a few things at a time so laundry is an all day task, and everything is dried on a fold up rack in my kitchen...
When I lived in Japan, we had one of those small two-sided washers. It was better than going to the laundry on base, however, it is an all-day project just doing laundry.

Some time back, I got a good deal on a large quantity of microfiber cloths .. I used them out of the package to dry my truck after washing, around the kitchen, etc .. when they got soiled, I'd just cram them in a plastic bag until I had a big bag full .. I then washed and dried with a dryer sheet, just the microfiber cloths, nothing else ..
Then, when I pulled a clean one out, it seemed like it would not absorb at all .. re-washed / dried with no sheet or fabric softener, voila, absorbed like new ..

I have some terry cloth rags that I use in my garage for cleaning different things. Anytime that I do put them in the laundry, I wash them by themself, using no softener or dryer sheets. I also use them to clean the windows on the cars and house. I have found that if any softener is used it will leave streaks on the windows.

For the past couple of years, I have used an RFID aluminum hard case as protection from the possibility of theft through the RFID chip. Well, the current case has started to fall apart and so I had used tape to hold the internal sleeves together. I have been checking different stores to replace it but haven't had any luck. I finally did some looking online and discovered a new style of RFID wallet. The one that I had at first really liked was called the Ridge.
Carbon Fiber

After seeing the price, needless to say, I decided it was a bit too rich for my taste. I continued with an online search and decided on another brand and ordered it. The Hemelian Minimalist Carbon Fiber Slim Wallet. It was a whole lot less on Amazon, under $20. It arrived today and I think I will be happy with it. I checked and it is currently not available on Amazon. I guess I got the last one.

Jerry

Last edited:

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Hello everyone

I've been rather sickly for a while so i've been laying low..so to speak...been in the hospital for a few days with pneumonia..while there, they diagnosed me with Alzheimers!!!

I prefer to call it CRS!

Oh..and Diabetes... no wonder I've lost about 30 lbs. the last couple of months!Extreme
dry mouth and throat, weak as a newborn kitten for awhile, so I've had a hard time chewing and swallowing anything solid or bothering to fix anything to eat.
I had a Cortisone and Steroid shot while there..I'm almost normal...at least physically...I'll never be "normal" mentally!!But now I can blame that on the Alzheimers!

But I'm now on the up-swing health-wise:)

Old age ain't for sissies!

Gotta go take a nap now...

So glad to hear you're feeling so much better!

Ghost hug.png

I was shocked at how salty lentil soup is.

When I found out I was diabetic, I was told not to put celery in soup because it absorbs too much salt. But, wouldn't that make it perfect for throwing into soup to get rid of excess salt? Then just throw it away?

View attachment 864077

That's what I'd heard about potatoes, but it didn't seem to make much difference except to increase the volume. I'll remember the celery if there's a next time. Thanks for the tip.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Hello everyone

I've been rather sickly for a while so i've been laying low..so to speak...been in the hospital for a few days with pneumonia..while there, they diagnosed me with Alzheimers!!!

I prefer to call it CRS!

Oh..and Diabetes... no wonder I've lost about 30 lbs. the last couple of months!Extreme
dry mouth and throat, weak as a newborn kitten for awhile, so I've had a hard time chewing and swallowing anything solid or bothering to fix anything to eat.
I had a Cortisone and Steroid shot while there..I'm almost normal...at least physically...I'll never be "normal" mentally!!But now I can blame that on the Alzheimers!

Good to hear from you ... not so good to hear what you've been through.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
@oldbroad I'm sorry about the dreaded "A" disease. It sucks. I lost my grandmother to it. What are the docs doing for you?

IMG_4751.jpg

Just seemed to make more sense to answer immediately following your comments rather than answering at the bottom where sometimes it's necessary to refer to your comments above. I often do it this way when answering emails with several subjects. A friend or 2 will reply back in a different color and sometimes the email gets pretty colorful.
Two friends and I do this too with our regular emails. I insert my comments in red and my friend does hers in blue.

My last pot of soup was lentil. A neighbor was suddenly put on a no salt diet so she asked if I wanted her containers of ham drippings she had in the freezer. Absolutely! So, I dumped most of it in the pot without tasting first. Dumb, dumb, dumb! Man was that salty! I had to go buy another bag of lentils and double the amount of soup and even put potatoes in and then some noodles and it was still salty. Good thing she didn't eat it, probably would have killed her!
lentil soup is a staple in Greece where I grew up. Just lentils, onions, water and lots of garlic. When it's served everyone adds a little olive oil and a bit of vinegar. I know the vinegar sounds odd but it really adds just a bit of tang.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Hello everyone

I prefer to call it CRS!

Please take good care of yourself:wub:

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 5, 2009
    Lower Mich.
    @oldbroad I'm sorry about the dreaded "A" disease. It sucks. I lost my grandmother to it. What are the docs doing for you?

View attachment 864117

Two friends and I do this too with our regular emails. I insert my comments in red and my friend does hers in blue.

lentil soup is a staple in Greece where I grew up. Just lentils, onions, water and lots of garlic. When it's served everyone adds a little olive oil and a bit of vinegar. I know the vinegar sounds odd but it really adds just a bit of tang.

Hi Bea...the docs are doing nothing about the "A" disease..but i don't care...i figure it's just a part of being old. I have notepads everywhere in the house and one in my purse to help with remembering stuff.

oldbroad

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 5, 2009
    Lower Mich.
    Good morning fellow misfits!

The sun's shining...and so am I!:banana:

I feel so good mentally..well...with what i have to work with, that is:)..physically and emotionally!I was really scared for a while, barely able to walk from one end of my small house to the other, mostly napping all day and then sleeping all night...how boring!! Now i feel like Superwoman!!:headbang:Finally got the house clean! I even dusted the tops of the doors, windows and everything hanging on the walls.Spring cleaning early!:)

Hope everyone has a great day!

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas
    Good morning fellow misfits!

The sun's shining...and so am I!:banana:

I feel so good mentally..well...with what i have to work with, that is:)..physically and emotionally!I was really scared for a while, barely able to walk from one end of my small house to the other, mostly napping all day and then sleeping all night...how boring!! Now i feel like Superwoman!!:headbang:Finally got the house clean! I even dusted the tops of the doors, windows and everything hanging on the walls.Spring cleaning early!:)

Hope everyone has a great day!
    Send some of that sunshine over here why dontcha! Good morning :)

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2011
    Meet Me in St Louie Louie
    Hi Bea...the docs are doing nothing about the "A" disease..but i don't care...i figure it's just a part of being old. I have notepads everywhere in the house and one in my purse to help with remembering stuff.

Hola .. :)

Dear Kay ::

It has been my stance and continues to be my stance, that you are doing fine in the Mental Arena, regardless of a DR's opinion .. I think all of us or many of us can relate to having had a bout or three of some sort of Brain lapse .. the other day, I broke my glasses string necklace and when I needed the glasses, I swear I spent 10 minutes looking for them and lo and behold, they were in my shirt pocket .. this is just one example I could cite of many ..

My early onset Parkinson's sometimes presents days where I cannot sign my own name .. fortunately, my signature was always pretty sloppy anyway .. o_O ..

In my case, as I always say, the Brain was the second thing to go .. :eek:

Carpe Diem ..

oldbroad

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 5, 2009
    Lower Mich.
    :wub:

oldbroad

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 5, 2009
    Lower Mich.
    Hola .. :)

Dear Kay ::

It has been my stance and continues to be my stance, that you are doing fine in the Mental Arena, regardless of a DR's opinion .. I think all of us or many of us can relate to having had a bout or three of some sort of Brain lapse .. the other day, I broke my glasses string necklace and when I needed the glasses, I swear I spent 10 minutes looking for them and lo and behold, they were in my shirt pocket .. this is just one example I could cite of many ..

My early onset Parkinson's sometimes presents days where I cannot sign my own name .. fortunately, my signature was always pretty sloppy anyway .. o_O ..

In my case, as I always say, the Brain was the second thing to go .. :eek:

Carpe Diem ..[/QUOTE

:D

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas
    @Uncle Willie, you were spot on about Disney+ not having enough content to be worth a subscription. I watched the Star Wars movies, The Mandalorian series, and a few Marvel movies I hadn't seen, then cancelled before the billing date. There just wasn't anything else I wanted to watch. I really enjoyed The Mandalorian series, maybe even more than the Star Wars movies (not the original trilogy, those have a special place in my heart).

Uncle

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2011
    My oldest grandaughter...takes after me:DShe's not "girlie" at all..

66003627_2395702484042337_2648583057291870208_o.jpg

Ya' might be correct - And, of course "You" would know best . . . However, that surely looks like a "Woman" standing there . . . Just Sayin' . . . :facepalm:

Users who are viewing this thread