Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
Back when I owned an actual washer and dryer, it was my husband, not I, who would use not one, but a fistful of dryer sheets in his laundry...:rolleyes: On the rare occasions he opted to do a load of towels there was always a battle over them, for the reason Willie gave....dryer sheets reduce absorbency and I didn't want them used.

Some time back, I got a good deal on a large quantity of microfiber cloths .. I used them out of the package to dry my truck after washing, around the kitchen, etc .. when they got soiled, I'd just cram them in a plastic bag until I had a big bag full .. I then washed and dried with a dryer sheet, just the microfiber cloths, nothing else ..

Then, when I pulled a clean one out, it seemed like it would not absorb at all .. re-washed / dried with no sheet or fabric softener, voila, absorbed like new ..

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
O-Tay .. :) .. I thought maybe I had written something that you were yelling at me about .. :eek:

Nah, I'd never yell at you Willie!! If I did IT WOULD LOOK LIKE THIS &&%#!!**%%#@#!

A wooden back scratcher works great for fishing stuff out of the washer and dryer :)
I keep one out on the dryer.

Great idea! The length of the grabber would be awkward. A back scratcher seems like it would be perfect.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Good morning everyone :)

Janet it does sound like a soup day. But mine will have to wait for tomorrow. I think split pea soup sounds good to me…with carrots and potatoes.

Today we're replacing my leaky greenhouse roof. What a pain :(

My last pot of soup was lentil. A neighbor was suddenly put on a no salt diet so she asked if I wanted her containers of ham drippings she had in the freezer. Absolutely! So, I dumped most of it in the pot without tasting first. Dumb, dumb, dumb! Man was that salty! I had to go buy another bag of lentils and double the amount of soup and even put potatoes in and then some noodles and it was still salty. Good thing she didn't eat it, probably would have killed her!

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Morning, misfits.

Storms and snow continue to be either north or above us, although subject to change. So far, no problems. Also subject to change.

fm200116.gif

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
Good morning people. Today feels like a good day to make a pot of vegetable beef soup.

Hola .. :)

I started a very large pot of tortilla soup this morning .. it is simmering on low as we speak and is at least a 4-5 day supply for me .. when I get home later, I will add potatoes, frozen corn, stewed tomato bits, diced chicken and diced polish sausage .. it will end up at almost a stew like consistency ..

When I have some today, it will be topped by tortilla strips, sour cream and Mexican cheese .. and, as a bonus, it always tastes even better on the second day and beyond .. I don't know why that is, but it does ..

I don't have a problem making several days worth at a time, because it never bothers me to consume some foods on multiple days .. or, freeze up some as well .. by the third day, I'll probably cook up some brown rice in my rice cooker and ladle it over the rice ..

Revised forecasts have nighttime temps as low as 5o currently, within the next few days .. :eek:

dc9bc46a-4a4a-4129-8707-0e74c8c123bb.jpg

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Hola .. :)

I started a very large pot of tortilla soup this morning .. it is simmering on low as we speak and is at least a 4-5 day supply for me .. when I get home later, I will add potatoes, frozen corn, stewed tomato bits, diced chicken and diced polish sausage .. it will end up at almost a stew like consistency ..

When I have some today, it will be topped by tortilla strips, sour cream and Mexican cheese .. and, as a bonus, it always tastes even better on the second day and beyond .. I don't know why that is, but it does ..

I don't have a problem making several days worth at a time, because it never bothers me to consume some foods on multiple days .. or, freeze up some as well .. by the third day, I'll probably cook up some brown rice in my rice cooker and ladle it over the rice ..

Revised forecasts have nighttime temps as low as 5o currently, within the next few days .. :eek:

dc9bc46a-4a4a-4129-8707-0e74c8c123bb.jpg
    We're looking at that same nightime number with a minus in front of it.

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 5, 2009
    Lower Mich.
    Hello everyone

I've been rather sickly for a while so i've been laying low..so to speak...been in the hospital for a few days with pneumonia..while there, they diagnosed me with Alzheimers!!!

I prefer to call it CRS!

Oh..and Diabetes... no wonder I've lost about 30 lbs. the last couple of months!Extreme
    dry mouth and throat, weak as a newborn kitten for awhile, so I've had a hard time chewing and swallowing anything solid or bothering to fix anything to eat.
    I had a Cortisone and Steroid shot while there..I'm almost normal...at least physically...I'll never be "normal" mentally!!But now I can blame that on the Alzheimers!

But I'm now on the up-swing health-wise:)

Old age ain't for sissies!

Gotta go take a nap now...

classwife

Admin
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 9, 2010
    Wesley Chapel, Florida
    Hello everyone

I've been rather sickly for a while so i've been laying low..so to speak...been in the hospital for a few days with pneumonia..while there, they diagnosed me with Alzheimers!!!

I prefer to call it CRS!

Oh..and Diabetes... no wonder I've lost about 30 lbs. the last couple of months!Extreme
    dry mouth and throat, weak as a newborn kitten for awhile, so I've had a hard time chewing and swallowing anything solid or bothering to fix anything to eat.
    I had a Cortisone and Steroid shot while there..I'm almost normal...at least physically...I'll never be "normal" mentally!!But now I can blame that on the Alzheimers!

Girrrrl !
    You take care of yourself !
    I love you.
    :wub:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Hello everyone

I prefer to call it CRS!

Make sure you stay on the upswing, young lady! :)

And up the nic :D

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    My last pot of soup was lentil. A neighbor was suddenly put on a no salt diet so she asked if I wanted her containers of ham drippings she had in the freezer. Absolutely! So, I dumped most of it in the pot without tasting first. Dumb, dumb, dumb! Man was that salty! I had to go buy another bag of lentils and double the amount of soup and even put potatoes in and then some noodles and it was still salty. Good thing she didn't eat it, probably would have killed her!
    I was shocked at how salty lentil soup is.

When I found out I was diabetic, I was told not to put celery in soup because it absorbs too much salt. But, wouldn't that make it perfect for throwing into soup to get rid of excess salt? Then just throw it away?

Hello everyone

I prefer to call it CRS!

bear hug.jpg

Nermal

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 8, 2013
    Farmington, NM USA
    Hello everyone

I suspect myself of Alzheimers, but darned if I'm going to submit myself for diagnosis.

Users who are viewing this thread