Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Good morning fellow misfits!

The sun's shining...and so am I!:banana:

I feel so good mentally..well...with what i have to work with, that is:)..physically and emotionally!I was really scared for a while, barely able to walk from one end of my small house to the other, mostly napping all day and then sleeping all night...how boring!! Now i feel like Superwoman!!:headbang:Finally got the house clean! I even dusted the tops of the doors, windows and everything hanging on the walls.Spring cleaning early!:)

Hope everyone has a great day!
I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Sometimes when a person gets a diagnosis it is a relief and can free the mind. Anyway, you are loved and I know I'm not the only person sending prayers and positive thoughts your way.

Jerry

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
When I lived in Japan, we had one of those small two-sided washers. It was better than going to the laundry on base, however, it is an all-day project just doing laundry.
Jerry

I can remember back in the "Real Old Days", my Mother had what was known as a "wringer washer" .. I can't be sure, but it seemed like she kept it outside under the back porch .. prior to that, she may have pounded the clothes on a stone next to a creek .. :eek:

I don't know when dryers were invented .. but way back then, everyone seemed to have a clothesline ..

ADDENDUM :: In the South, it's pronounced "Warsher" .. just like George Warshington .. :)

il_340x270.2120551547_ccag.jpg

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
I can remember back in the "Real Old Days", my Mother had what was known as a "wringer washer" .. I can't be sure, but it seemed like she kept it outside under the back porch .. prior to that, she may have pounded the clothes on a stone next to a creek .. :eek:

I don't know when dryers were invented .. but way back then, everyone seemed to have a clothesline ..

ADDENDUM :: In the South, it's pronounced "Warsher" .. just like George Warshington .. :)

I grew up with one of those washers in the house. It was may job or my sister's to wring out the clothes after they were washed. When we were 'little' kids we thought it was fun. But as we go to be 'bigger' kids it was a chore.

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Ya' might be correct - And, of course "You" would know best . . . However, that surely looks like a "Woman" standing there . . . Just Sayin' . . . :facepalm:

Yup...she's 28 yrs. old!:D

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
I grew up with one of those washers in the house. It was may job or my sister's to wring out the clothes after they were washed. When we were 'little' kids we thought it was fun. But as we go to be 'bigger' kids it was a chore.

I grew up with the same type of washer..and the clotheslines outside or in the basement.

Ahh..those were the good ole days!

NOT!!!!:D

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
@Uncle Willie, you were spot on about Disney+ not having enough content to be worth a subscription. I watched the Star Wars movies, The Mandalorian series, and a few Marvel movies I hadn't seen, then cancelled before the billing date. There just wasn't anything else I wanted to watch. I really enjoyed The Mandalorian series, maybe even more than the Star Wars movies (not the original trilogy, those have a special place in my heart).

Yes .. although "Togo" was pretty good .. I decided to watch the SW films in chronological order, starting with "The Phantom Menace" .. I'd heard many good things about the quality of the picture and sound on the Disney+ streams .. I have to say, by the time I got to "A New Hope", it was a little jarring, seeing how effects and filming from the 1977 film compared .. still love the original Trilogy ..

"Mandalorian" was just plain flat out excellent .. I'd give it 4 thumbs up if I had the thumbs .. o_O

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
It's warsher .. :p

And we didn't have a zink in the kitchen either. We had to take the dirty dishes into the laundry room and warsh them in the zink next to the wasrher. But we did have one of those modern ice-boxes that ran off ''lectricity" even so we lived right next to the ice house. And no telephone in the house until I was about 6 years old and started school. My Mom insisted on getting one in case the school had to contact her 'bout me. Pop couldn't understand why we needed a phone because there was a pay telephone right next door at the ice house. Mom won the battle ... we got the telephone.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Oh wait ... we did have a phone in the house. Background, my parents, my grandparents on my Pop's side, and two of my Aunts and Uncles lived in the same rural neighborhood. They all moved out of the 'city' to the suburbs after the men return from the War.

Each house had one of these, and the returning GI's ran wires through the trees to each of the houses. So I guess we had our own private telephone system.

German-Wwii-Army-Field-Phone-1944-Bakelite-Case.jpg

These were German field phones brought home as souvenirs.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Hola .. :)

Dear Kay ::

It has been my stance and continues to be my stance, that you are doing fine in the Mental Arena, regardless of a DR's opinion .. I think all of us or many of us can relate to having had a bout or three of some sort of Brain lapse .. the other day, I broke my glasses string necklace and when I needed the glasses, I swear I spent 10 minutes looking for them and lo and behold, they were in my shirt pocket .. this is just one example I could cite of many ..

My early onset Parkinson's sometimes presents days where I cannot sign my own name .. fortunately, my signature was always pretty sloppy anyway .. o_O ..

In my case, as I always say, the Brain was the second thing to go .. :eek:

Carpe Diem ..
    :wub::wub:

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 7, 2016
    Florida

I feel so good mentally..well...with what i have to work with, that is:)..physically and emotionally!I was really scared for a while, barely able to walk from one end of my small house to the other, mostly napping all day and then sleeping all night...how boring!! Now i feel like Superwoman!!:headbang:Finally got the house clean! I even dusted the tops of the doors, windows and everything hanging on the walls.Spring cleaning early!:)

Kay I love your spirit. :wub:

I grew up with a wringer/warsher too like the one in your post. It was my job to wring them and hang them on the clothesline to dry. I never thought it was fun :grr:.

I also grew up with an icebox. I remember bring very impressed with those huge blocks of ice the guy brought us.

But my favorite memory from those years is the milk delivery in that glass bottle. My brother and I waited around after the delivery for the cream to settle at the top and fighting over who got most of it!

Janet H

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 3, 2011
    PA

Don't know what they gave you to feel like this, but I think I need some!!

Janet H

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 3, 2011
    PA
    Good morning. We could see our first real snow today. It's 24o and is supposed to have snow showers starting around 10:00 this morning. Weather report says 1-3 inches, but that's what they said last time and we barely got a dusting. It's been at freezing or below so the ground is cold enough for the snow to stick around so we'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread