Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Hopefully -

If Not, maybe this will help . . . .

1f166d301e762da759c7d266f5090e56.gif

Nancy always enjoyed it when the Chippendale dancers came to town. She would get together with a few of her friends and it was a girl's night out. It was always a "joy" for me when she came home.

Jerry

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Good morning. It's supposed to be a lovely day today and tomorrow, but it's still dark outside so I can't tell. Threw my back out yesterday so me and my TENS have gotten close again. Sigh. You'd think after all these years of walking upright humans would have stronger backs!

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Good morning :)

Doing battle with my Apple devices this morning. Apple in all its wisdom has taken away the capability to transfer apps and tones using its latest itunes. It’s a major problem for most users and I had no choice but to download that latest version because hubs had to buy a new iphone and me a new ipad and they can’t be backed up to an older itunes version.

I should have taken the leap to Android devices but that means relearning everything and repurchasing the few apps that are important to me…and that I didn’t want to do. Sigh!!!

So I'm investigating free transfer software to use instead of itunes. It will all work out eventually but I sure liked the Steve Jobs Apple products better that the current ones.

Ok, back to the task :(

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Janet and I have iTunes 12.8.2.3 running on High Sierra OSX and we had no problem restoring our new iPhones apps, picutures, music, etc from the last backup of our old phones. That was just a couple few weeks ago.

What's the major changes to the new iTunes with respect to how the 'old' one worked?

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Janet and I have iTunes 12.8.2.3 running on High Sierra OSX and we had no problem restoring our new iPhones apps, picutures, music, etc from the last backup of our old phones. That was just a couple few weeks ago.

What's the major changes to the new iTunes with respect to how the 'old' one worked?
It all happened in 12.7. The issue is not restoring it's accessing. I too was able to download everything on hub's new iphone from his old one to the new one from the old phone's backup. That works fine. The problem is transferring stuff from PC to the devices.

But if you look on the itunes left column you’ll notice that the apps and tones are no longer listed. That means if you want to add these things, such as adding a book in the kindle app (as I do) or add third party or home-made tones (as I create) you can’t. There are a few work-arounds…This one has worked for me.
iTunes 12.7 Giveth, but Mostly It Taketh Apps and Ringtones Away - TidBITS
Scroll down to the “Sync workaround” section.

So You should be fine as long as you don’t want these features available.

67BB5CBE-B6D1-4F6B-BF51-52C11A7A144E.jpeg

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Hopefully - Although he may be too young for "You" - Here's a little encouragement for Ya' . . .

e3b8a3d3af3937a5e193b7392faf6cfa.gif

If Not, maybe this will help . . . .

1f166d301e762da759c7d266f5090e56.gif

OMW!! I just came here and this was the first thing that popped up!:lol::lol::lol:

Perfect! Thank you! I'm going to the Dr. in a while to figure out what I need to do to try to get better, so this already made my day!!

:wub::wub:

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
If you did not catch it yet, History Channel is running a 3 episode Mini-Series (each episode is 2 hours) on George Washington called, er, "Washington" .. I'm a big fan of documentaries, and this one did not disappoint ..

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Hola .. :)

Want an interesting exercise in "Has my data ever been compromised .. ??" Head on over to ::

https://haveibeenpwned.com/

Put in any email you ever use(d) and see what pops up .. :eek:

:blink: WELL NOW - That was very Interesting . . . Entered an email address I use to use over 20 + years ago that was "closed" (supposedly permanently) - The results as follows:

Oh no — pwned!
Pwned on 8 breached sites and found no pastes (subscribe to search sensitive breaches)​

Although, even after reading all the info that they provided down the page, I still don't know what all that means . . . :blush:

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Hola .. :)

Want an interesting exercise in "Has my data ever been compromised .. ??" Head on over to ::

https://haveibeenpwned.com/

Put in any email you ever use(d) and see what pops up .. :eek:

For awhile now I've just assumed that my info was out there - all of it. We only think we have any privacy. I try to keep an eye on our banking daily and deal with anything quickly. Fortunately both our credit unions have caught fraudulent breaches within minutes. Everything is so interconnected! If I search for something on the net, almost instantly advertisements for it show up on our computers, even on Mike's computer when I've been the one doing a search.

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
It's quiet time here. Have you ever watched a child fall asleep? I'm sitting here in the living room in the chair across from the couch where 3 year old Hux is quietly watching a tv show. His eyes are getting heavier and heavier and my eyes are starting to do the same thing. Maybe I should make a video of a child falling asleep and sell it to people with insomnia.

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
It's quiet time here. Have you ever watched a child fall asleep? I'm sitting here in the living room in the chair across from the couch where 3 year old Hux is quietly watching a tv show. His eyes are getting heavier and heavier and my eyes are starting to do the same thing. Maybe I should make a video of a child falling asleep and sell it to people with insomnia.
Just your description of that scene was a relaxing read, and yes, I've seen babies falling asleep as their little hands sometimes jerk and they make those incredibly sweet mouth motions.
I'd say make a video of that! Not only a precious memory but lucrative for meditative purposes. :)

Users who are viewing this thread