Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
I have never tried that but Dawn sure is some amazing stuff. I should try that on my car windshield. I never did get around to cleaning it again after the last time I tried. Still needs it.
I also use the same thing for the car windows, inside and outside. On the front windshield, I use it before I treat the windshield with RainX. That stuff is great!

No, I've not been fishing, yet! As much as I want to the weather just hasn't been right for me to go out.

Last edited:

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
I also use the same thing for the car windows, inside and outside. On the front windshield, I use it before I treat the windshield with RainX. That stuff is great!
I am going to do that and you are right, that RainX is amazing. I had a friend whose windshield wiper broke and because of RainX, he did not fix it for a long time. I am going to have to get myself some of that stuff too. Although I try to stay home in the rain. I do not particularly like driving in it anymore. Never really have. Thank you for the suggestions. :wub:

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
I Uber'd the family to Cracker Barrel as planned. They said they had a 25-35 minute wait (which was fine with me) I nicely ask if my father could sit at this empty table until ours was ready. I explained it was too chilly outside and he could not stand for that long. They said it was not allowed so I told them to remove my name from the waitlist and we went to O'Charley's. That's how this o'l girl rolls. girl_mad.gif

Well, anyway, we had a very nice meal and I enjoyed my Sunday Family outing.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
OK I tried posting a youtube vid but it doesn't seem to be working tonight. It shows up, then goes away.
Well now you know I have a curious nature about me. . . what was the video?

I sure hope you feel better after a good night's sleep. Sending good thoughts to you. smileys-praying-820668.gif

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
Sorry for another long post so soon after the last but. . . I'll work on shorter posts and less sharing tomorrow. 8014af21-3b50-4903-9c36-352489fb6f5e.gif Maybe. heehee

My mom was very sick, very often, when I was very little. (she had Ulcerated Colitis and was in and out of the hospital and eventually had most of her colon removed) So at a young age, I did as much as I could for her. (my older sister never helped with anything) Heck, that might be why I am a good caregiver and like helping people. I have had a lot of practice.

She was so pessimistic about everything. For example, if I said I had a migraine she would say it was a tumor. Also, the reason I can find good in any bad situation. Again, lots of practice.

I can never remember her telling me she loved me and I honestly never thought she cared much for my dad who was never around because he worked 3 jobs. But you know what? It has been 18 years today since she passed and I still miss her so much. She was my mother.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Well now you know I have a curious nature about me. . . what was the video?

I sure hope you feel better after a good night's sleep. Sending good thoughts to you. View attachment 972652

Well the fever is down to 97° and my nose is a bit more runny ... but the real problem this morning is I woke at 3:30am and couldn't get back to sleep. aarrgghh!

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Well the fever is down to 97° and my nose is a bit more runny ... but the real problem this morning is I woke at 3:30am and couldn't get back to sleep. aarrgghh!
    Maybe you can get a nap in today. Glad the fever’s down.

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 5, 2009
    Lower Mich.
    Sorry for another long post so soon after the last but. . . I'll work on shorter posts and less sharing tomorrow. View attachment 972653 Maybe. heehee

My mom was very sick, very often, when I was very little. (she had Ulcerated Colitis and was in and out of the hospital and eventually had most of her colon removed) So at a young age, I did as much as I could for her. (my older sister never helped with anything) Heck, that might be why I am a good caregiver and like helping people. I have had a lot of practice.

She was so pessimistic about everything. For example, if I said I had a migraine she would say it was a tumor. Also, the reason I can find good in any bad situation. Again, lots of practice.

I can never remember her telling me she loved me and I honestly never thought she cared much for my dad who was never around because he worked 3 jobs. But you know what? It has been 18 years today since she passed and I still miss her so much. She was my mother.

There was seven kids in my family ( I'm a twin) and we never had hugs n kisses.. my parents were very busy just taking care of us and my dad was in the Coast Guard so he was gone a lot...and back then I don't think many kids from any family got many hugs n kisses...our Mom died when she was only in her thirties so my Dad had seven kids to raise.Poor man...hope everyone has a good day!
    The sun's shining so I think I'll go outside and putz around in the yard...trim back the flower plants and such...hope everyone has a grear day!

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 5, 2009
    Lower Mich.
    I am very grateful for this forum. I don't know how I discovered it, tho...:rolleyes:...but it seems to be fading away..oh well...all great things come to an end. I'm so glad that I made so many great friends here!:wub:

The sun's shing so I'm going outside to putz around in my little flower gardens...hope everyone has a great day!

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Morning, misfits.

Just a light dusting of snow. So far. Wet stuff still coming down, and at only 36 it could still turn back to snow. And it seems that about 5 miles east of us it IS snow, and only about 100' higher up... we'll see :)

No, I've not been fishing, yet! As much as I want to the weather just hasn't been right for me to go out.

Plus ten for RainX. Great stuff. I also use it on the (outside) rear view mirrors. In addition to not needing to run the wipers as much, it also makes it a lot easier to scrape ice off :)

2272835.jpg

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    North Carolina
    I am very grateful for this forum. I don't know how I discovered it, tho..
    We googled something about non-smoking probably. I am grateful also for vaping, this forum, and the wonderful people (like you) that I have met. tender.gif

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2011
    Meet Me in St Louie Louie
    Hola .. :)

The Winter months, increasingly, demonstrate to me how my old bones have spent too much time in the recliner .. now that the Spring yard season has been officially on, working out those months of too much TV time gets to be more of a chore with each passing year .. I was just plain beat yesterday evening by the time I called it quits .. but, the good news is, got a lot done and my small slice of the Earth looks pretty good ..

I do find it to be a good idea to start as early as possible on this labor, as outdoor temps remain mild and allow me to gradually become acclimated prior to the inevitable heat index of 105o which arrives soon enough ..

I'm beginning to regret my choice to not attempt to get out of Jury Duty, as I have another 'call' for tomorrow .. although, the odds of it happening are generally small .. oh, well, civic duty and all that ..

Users who are viewing this thread