Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
My mind is always full of strange thoughts but I wonder how RainX would do on say glass shower doors? Things that make you go hmmm.

Uh, hmmmm... ;)

I'm sure the water would run off more quickly, but be sure you have a GFCI on the wipers!

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
I'm beginning to regret my choice to not attempt to get out of Jury Duty, as I have another 'call' for tomorrow .. although, the odds of it happening are generally small .. oh, well, civic duty and all that ..
I appreciate all the people that do their civic duty. I really do so "Attaboy" to you. I am, however, grateful I have been excused for life. unnamed.gif

I do find it to be a good idea to start as early as possible
My aunt's tree limb threw me into the joy of yardwork a little too fast for my liking this year. I prefer nice and easy. The walking I do has helped tremendously though. I have always pictured you having a beautiful yard for some reason so I bet your slice of Earth does look awesome.

LovesButtercups

Feb 26, 2015
TN, USA
Hi, Lizards!

The last week or so has been a train wreck, so I haven’t really had much time to pop in and shoot the breeze.

Super busy at work, and the new guy has one volume, and that is ALLLLLLL THE WAY UP. He’s a nice enough fellow, but gosh, he is loud. I don’t think he means to be, I guess some folks are just louder than others…I dunno. I guess if that’s my biggest complaint about him, I should be grateful. I’ve certainly dealt with a lot worse.

Things continue to fall apart/go haywire at mom’s house. She’s been having issues with her well pump, and has spent more days without water than with it. I’ve slugged jugs full of water to her house, and she’s been coming over to shower. Her car wouldn’t start, but we finally got it going, so she can drive herself over now if needed. It is old and cranky and requires some pedal pumping and sweet talking before it will start. Her well pump control box was replaced today, and so far so good. But, if it all goes kaput at this point, it means having to pull the pump and likely replacing it. It is a deep well pump, and that will be a very pricey repair. I will also have to get someone out to remove a tree so the boom truck can get close enough to the well. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that the 40+ year old control box was the issue, but I guess we’ll find out soon enough.

I also spent a couple evenings over there sucking up muddy water and dead spiders (EWWWW) with a wet/dry vac, since her basement is suddenly flooding worse than ever. My brother did a patch job on the foundation with some mortar mix, and I did some creative gutter work, so hopefully that will at least help. She doesn’t want to pay a professional, but will likely have to. We’re in for more rain tonight and tomorrow, so again, we’ll find out soon.

And then today, I found out that my nephew is in rehab for ..... Apparently he was really messed up Saturday night and was going to commit suicide. Luckily that didn’t happen, but it was evidently a pretty close call. I did not see that coming…I usually see him every couple of weeks or so, and he’s never appeared to be on anything. I’m still trying to wrap my head around it. I hope he’s allowed to have visitors soon. He turned 21 last month - I know he’s legally a grown man, but to me, he’s still just a kid with so much life ahead of him! My heart is breaking for him, and I just want to wrap him up in a big hug. He’s always been a good kid…he has a quick temper like his dad, but he’s always been an absolute sweetheart to me and mom. I love him lots and want him to be around as long as possible, so I really pray he gets the help he needs.

Sorry for the super long post…things have just been super crazy, I guess. I am ready for things to settle down and for life to get back to “normal”.

I hope you all are doing well and have a good evening! :wub:

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
I guess some folks are just louder than others…I dunno
Yes the can be. Wonder if he is hard of hearing. I notice those who are seem to be louder.

We’re in for more rain tonight and tomorrow, so again, we’ll find out soon.
I hope it did the trick too. The muddy water and spiders got to me also. Yuck.

he’s still just a kid with so much life ahead of him!
My heart goes out to him and your whole family. Sending good thoughts to him. I am just glad he has family that cares and is getting the help he needs. smileys-praying-820668.gif

I am ready for things to settle down and for life to get back to “normal”.
I sometimes cannot figure out what is normal. I just hope for things to let up long enough to get my breath and get prepared for the next situation.

Glad you got time to post because I was wondering how everything was going for you. Hope this week eases up a little. :wub:

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Hola .. :)

The Winter months, increasingly, demonstrate to me how my old bones have spent too much time in the recliner .. now that the Spring yard season has been officially on, working out those months of too much TV time gets to be more of a chore with each passing year .. I was just plain beat yesterday evening by the time I called it quits .. but, the good news is, got a lot done and my small slice of the Earth looks pretty good ..

I do find it to be a good idea to start as early as possible on this labor, as outdoor temps remain mild and allow me to gradually become acclimated prior to the inevitable heat index of 105o which arrives soon enough ..

I'm beginning to regret my choice to not attempt to get out of Jury Duty, as I have another 'call' for tomorrow .. although, the odds of it happening are generally small .. oh, well, civic duty and all that ..

Yepper me too. Sick or not sick the grass was so high I didn't have a choice but to get on the tractor and mow for a couple hours. The cut grass made a thick mat on top of most of what I cut. So ... on with the backpack blower and walked the yard blowing and dispersing the 'cut grass'. If I didn't do that it would have turned into a layer of dried out grass and killed what was under it. It was really thick.

So, since I had the backpack blower slung on my back already I did cleaned up the curbing where it meets the street of the the leaves and junk that collects along it. Now that doesn't sound too bad, until you know I have 300 feet of sidewalk.

Nothing, I mean I'm doing nothing today that resembles work.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Yepper me too. Sick or not sick the grass was so high I didn't have a choice but to get on the tractor and mow for a couple hours. The cut grass made a thick mat on top of most of what I cut. So ... on with the backpack blower and walked the yard blowing and dispersing the 'cut grass'. If I didn't do that it would have turned into a layer of dried out grass and killed what was under it. It was really thick.

So, since I had the backpack blower slung on my back already I did cleaned up the curbing where it meets the street of the the leaves and junk that collects along it. Now that doesn't sound too bad, until you know I have 300 feet of sidewalk.

Nothing, I mean I'm doing nothing today that resembles work.
    Geeeez, Mike. Get some rest and feel better.

Janet H

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 3, 2011
    PA
    Hello people. What a gorgeous day we had today. It's 6:00 and still 73 degrees outside with blue skies!! It would be lovely if we had a lot more days like this!

I did spend time inside today though. We bought our daughter a Brother sewing machine a couple years ago for her birthday and she has no idea how to use one, but wants to learn. Can't learn if you don't take it out of the box. So, I did that today to learn how this machine works so I can teach her. Either I can't read instructions or Brother makes things more difficult than they have to be. Maybe that's why it was on such a good sale. Hemming the curtains is going to have to wait until my next 3 day stay.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2011
    Meet Me in St Louie Louie
    Hola .. :eek:

Well, despite my best efforts to get rejected, I was selected for Jury Duty, starting tomorrow morning .. it's a m_e_t_h manufacture and distribution case .. the dude has a Public Defender .. the DA's office had three assistant DA's on hand, so they are definitely going after the guy full force ..

I can now retire on my $15.00 per diem .. o_O

Reactions: misswish1

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 26, 2013
    MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
    Happy Spring days!

Yesterday was the first time since the fall I didn't wear a turtleneck shirt to the office (my office gets cold) and today my husband questioned me as I left for work without wearing a jacket! The bad news is that I'm in the office, with no windows, and don't get out to enjoy the beautiful days. Would someone please do that for me? LOL.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Well, if beautiful days include mid 40s.... and looks to be staying there until at least Sunday, when it might hit 50...

But the precip seems to have backed off, for a while at least. And the low temps does mean that the new snow won't be sluicing off too soon, so, well, no real complaints...

2273812.jpg

Janet H

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 3, 2011
    PA
    Happy Spring days!

Yesterday was the first time since the fall I didn't wear a turtleneck shirt to the office (my office gets cold) and today my husband questioned me as I left for work without wearing a jacket! The bad news is that I'm in the office, with no windows, and don't get out to enjoy the beautiful days. Would someone please do that for me? LOL.

I will! I will! I'm waiting for Brody to get his act together and then we're going to take a ride to Target to pick up a few things including some kind of toy for him. Then I want to spend some time outside taking a walk or maybe trying to keep up with him while he rides his scooter. It's going up to 80 today!! Woopeedoo! Then his Mom should be home from work around 1:30 and I'm going to head home. I came down here in the rain, it'll be nice to go home in the sunshine.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2011
    Meet Me in St Louie Louie

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 26, 2015
    Oklahoma City, OK, USA
    Good afternoon, all. I don't know if anyone is interested but I really enjoyed LivePD before it was taken off the air. Well, I found a version of it from the UK. It is called UK PD and is on BBC America. It is interesting how the UK police respond and handle the public.
    I just got back from picking up some meds. While I was out, I stopped at Braum's for some butter. It just so happened that a half-gallon of chocolate milk wound up in my cart. Their chocolate milk is the best!
    I spent more money on myself. I got a new pair of Adidas golf shoes. I have them on now to try and break them in a bit before heading out to the base and knocking a few balls on their range later this week or weekend.
    I think I will heat a couple of pieces of Popeye's chicken leftover from yesterday. I hope everyone has a good evening.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Morning, all.

Crazy weather yesterday, rain, snow, hail, rain, hail, snow. But we did have two sunbreaks, about 10 minutes each... and more of the same on tap for the next couple days. Been running about 10 - 15 below average, so at least the snow pack will be ok for a while.

So we'll head out to a book store later :)

2278874.gif

Users who are viewing this thread