Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
Just set your sights on a rig that has butterfly doors :)

Hola .. :)

Good point ..

Tooling around the Italian countryside in a high performance rig, for me anyway, would be the ultimate thrill ride ..

And having enough time to explore Europe in general, as it's a fairly concise area, is important to me as this is very likely a one-shot deal .. (unless I decide to move there .. ;) )

I have had a fascination with Italy for as long as I can remember .. the beauty of this trip is my cousins wife is Italian, born and raised ..

1670000570054.png

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
And having enough time to explore Europe in general, as it's a fairly concise area,

Eurail pass :)

Yep, big trip, not likely to be an every year vacation. But if you do move there, you'll have to get all 2ml or less tanks...

LovesButtercups

Feb 26, 2015
TN, USA

Good point ..

Tooling around the Italian countryside in a high performance rig, for me anyway, would be the ultimate thrill ride ..

And having enough time to explore Europe in general, as it's a fairly concise area, is important to me as this is very likely a one-shot deal .. (unless I decide to move there .. ;) )

I have had a fascination with Italy for as long as I can remember .. the beauty of this trip is my cousins wife is Italian, born and raised ..
Wow, I am so jealous! I have always thought I’d love to visit Italy. Unfortunately, I am a nervous traveler who hates flying. I will just have to live vicariously through you. Take loads of pictures, and drink some fabulous wine for me!

My intense hatred/fear of long flights has actually come in handy, though…a few years ago my boss asked if I would consider going with him and a coworker to go tour the new company factory in Cambodia. I got attitude for it, but I flatly refused. I don’t really care to visit Cambodia, but I darn sure didn’t want to spend almost a whole week so close with my boss and coworker :blink: I don’t think there’s enough alcohol and/or illicit drugs in the world to get me to do THAT.

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Good morning. It's raining today but at least it's going up to 57. Mike woke up sick this morning. Clogged head and low fever. So, I guess he's not coming with us to see the newest Grinch movie.

Oh Willie, that's great news about your trip!! I'm so happy for you!

Torey, I'm sure you'll do fine at the range today. Once you get there your nerves will calm down and you'll enjoy yourself and maybe even learn a few new things.

LovesButtercups

Feb 26, 2015
TN, USA
I do not know why I am nervous about my class tomorrow. I guess because it has been so long since I took a class and was going to be tested. I have watched every YouTube on the concealed carry classes in NC. I am sure I will do fine. At least I am not worried about the shooting part of my exam.

After I go to the gym, I have to go by the $1.25 store. I thought I kept a supply of paper and notepads but evidently, I gave it all to my friend's grandchildren. Went looking last night and couldn't find anything in the desk but some post-a-notes. heehee NP. I love going shopping there. I just hope I don't run into the same lady I did last time. View attachment 985920

Have a great Fri-YAY everyone! View attachment 985921
I’m sure you’ll do just fine! Hubs and I took a class to get our concealed carry permits a few years ago and the instructors made sure to tell us “Pay attention to this, it will be on the test” when they came to the key parts. The shooting part wasn’t super difficult, either. Then in 2021, TN changed the law to allow open or concealed carry without a permit. I never kept a firearm on me, but I used to keep a one in my glove box in the car. I don’t bother with that now either since I am old and lazy and rarely out after dark. I have considered keeping one in the car again, due to the rise in road rage incidents over the years...I’d have to get rid of all the fast food napkins and straws I’ve accumulated because my glove box is kind of small :lol:

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Mine happened as soon as I read your post. View attachment 985834 So glad to hear from you and that computer better act right. You show it who is boss. heehee

I gotta a "wow" too. Probably because I am easily wowed. View attachment 985835
Wow...I got back on again! This is my third computer...could it possibly be me screwing them up?!...nah...
Where's the damm smilies?!
Oh well...at least I have my place decorated for Christmas!
This year I'm putting a little money inside Christmas cards for my various family members and mailing them out to them.
In case I screw it up again...I want to wish all of you a very merry Christmas!!

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
I don’t think there’s enough alcohol and/or illicit drugs in the world to get me to do THAT.

I beg to differ .. ;)

Some years ago, a close friend of mine that worked with a guitar factory in China as an importer and manufacturer, asked me to fill in for him on a QC trip to China to check various specs on a large production run they wanted him to pay for in advance ..

If I remember correctly, I was in the air probably around 25 hours .. one way

Still, it was a great trip ..

Last edited:

LovesButtercups

Feb 26, 2015
TN, USA

I beg to differ .. ;)

Some years ago, a close friend of mine that worked with a guitar factory in China as an importer and manufacturer, asked me to fill in for him on a QC trip to China to check various specs on a large production run they wanted him to pay for in advance ..

If I remember correctly, I was in the air probably around 25 hours .. one way

Still, it was a great trip ..
Oh, man…I can’t even imagine being on a plane that long. My hands are getting sweaty just thinking about it!

I guess you’re right, there is probably enough drugs and alcohol for me to be able to spend a week with my boss, but I would need to pack it up and take it with me just to be sure, and that may pose a problem at the airport! My boss is super extroverted, and I am very much NOT.

How was the food? My boss has been to China and he said it took some getting used to!

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
I knew it was going to rain yesterday because I woke up at 4 and was not able to get comfy enough to go back to sleep. I'm sure it was my nerves also. As it turned out, I really had nothing to worry about.

Of course, the instructor could not answer two of my questions but after class, he asked for my number and said he would find out for me. He said they were good questions and as long as he has been given the class, he had never been asked. I guess I am "unique" everywhere I go. heehee

I only got to shoot 25 of the 30 times required because I got 24 out of 25 and he told me to save my last 5 bullets. It was not the contacts making me miss the x and hitting the center chest. I wore my glasses today and did the same thing. The instructor asked if he could look at my gun and said they did not do something on it til 1960 and he knew it was from the 50s. All I know is I have the paperwork where dad bought it for $1.00 when he retired. It is the first time I ever shot it and a couple of times I could not get the trigger to pull. He shot it and said there was a delay and that I should add lube. But he loved my weapon and I was happy.

I am not sure how long it is going to take to get an appointment with the sheriff's office. He said the county I lived in was slow so we will see. It really does not matter to me. I passed the class and got my certificate. I did well.
RatYes.gif

I have not eaten this much in one day for a long time. They served breakfast and lunch. The chair was quite uncomfortable and they more than like thought I had some kind of .... rash because I wiggled all afternoon. I am sure it was the weather. It rained all morning. Then I stopped at a friend's house and she fed me lasagna supper.

It was 30 some miles away and it was slow going coming home. I kept running into foggy patches where I could not see. Where my friend lives, 3 deer ran out in front of me as I was going down her long, long driveway. Oh well, I made it home and I have my bed heating up now and it was a wonderful day.

:wub:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Morning, loungers.

And it's a loungy sort of day, although it's said to be dry. 27 overnight, and not getting much warmer, although we should make it above freezing.

I only got to shoot 25 of the 30 times required because I got 24 out of 25

Well, yeah, the first was the warning shot :) :thumbs:

1670163855181.png

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
I am turning into quite the little safety girl. Yesterday I covered the windows beside my front door with contact paper so no one could see in. I like it. This pic just shows the difference between the before and after. I covered all 8 windows.

Gotta go back to the $1.25 store to get some more because I want to cover the door and window in the garage. The light is nice but I rather someone not be able to look in a see if there is something they would like to borrow. heehee

20221204_140229.jpg

Going to try to donate blood again today if my iron is cooperating. Then this afternoon I have some labwork to be done at the doctors office. Going to be a busy day.

Got to go to the gym as soon as they open and try to work off all the Mexican I ate last night. Oh, it was so good. I split with my aunt and still had some to bring home. They give huge portions and the prices are reasonable. Everything tastes the same to me. I think they just arrange it differently on the plate to trick you. heehee

:wub:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Morning, all.

Rain/snow might be tapering off, for a bit. Or not. Light mix all day yesterday, but didn't accumulate much here. Fine by me, keep it higher up where it's needed!

This pic just shows the difference between the before and after. I covered all 8 windows.

Looks good! Maybe they have some one way mirror film :)

1670250550302.png

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Good morning! I find it hard to believe that it's Dec. and there's not a drop of snow! Global warming?!
This year the Christmas gifts for my family members will be checks inside Christmas cards!
Everybody likes cash!!

My life has become SO boring that I don't have much to say!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011

Yesterday, the weather gizmo said 40o, but it felt a lot colder .. still, I had to get in gear and take care of some yard stuff ..

Dug up all the elephant ear bulbs and washed them off .. have not trimmed them yet .. raked some leaves that fell since I did it last time .. gave the dog a bath (inside) .. one of the nice things about a small dog is you can wash them in the kitchen sink ..

Watched a little Netflix and finished off 'House of the Dragon' on HBO MAX .. it was, IMO, not nearly as good as 'Game of Thrones' ..

I'm setting up a recording studio for a couple guys this week in one of their homes .. it's going to be all digital, as many of them are these days .. it's $600 clams for maybe a 6 hour job, cash money, so I'm always up for that .. I still love messing with the gear .. and I can add that moola to the Tuscany Fund ..

Got 'Willie's Chili' sittin' in the crock pot at the house, so I'm set for dinner when I get home ..

Bought a nice, nearly new, Gibson Acoustic Electric this morning for about a 3rd of what I think it's worth .. hey, the dude set the price, needed the dough, so who am I to argue .. I'm not going to counter offer more than what he asked ..

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Good morning! I find it hard to believe that it's Dec. and there's not a drop of snow! Global warming?!
This year the Christmas gifts for my family members will be checks inside Christmas cards!
Everybody likes cash!!

My life has become SO boring that I don't have much to say!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Kay, I sure would like you to continue to be a regular around these parts .. your contribution in any form is always welcome .. :cool:

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Well, here we are with nothing we HAVE to do except Mike just got covid. He's just feeling tired and not up to par. I think the low fever only lasted a day. I sure am glad this didn't hit him a week ago!!

@Uncle Willie, I'm reading Sarum. Good book, but I didn't realize it was so long. I'm only 1/2 way through it. I had to finish the book I was reading before starting this one, but it's obvious it's going to take some time to finish it. I should have a map in front of me as it goes to the next time frame chapter because I get confused as to which people are invading from where. I've always been challenged when it comes to directions... Anyway, thanks for the recommendation.

Users who are viewing this thread