Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
@Uncle Willie - so sorry for you hearing about the lose of such a close friend. It ain't easy. It was a real shocker and eye-opener when my best friend of 35+ years suddenly past unexpectedly. But at least his friends and relatives had a gathering to honor his life. He loved being out on the boat fishing with his kids and then his grandkids. And that's when and where he died ... out on a boat with his kids and his grandkids. So he was surrounded with love doing what he loved. I miss him everyday.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    You know, Frannie, when a robust, hard living guy that gave life everything he had and then some, goes out that way, it's just plain sad to me ..

The Reaper eventually knocks on all our doors ..

Thanks ..
    I agree that is is very sad.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    @Uncle Willie - so sorry for you hearing about the lose of such a close friend. It ain't easy. It was a real shocker and eye-opener when my best friend of 35+ years suddenly past unexpectedly. But at least his friends and relatives had a gathering to honor his life. He loved being out on the boat fishing with his kids and then his grandkids. And that's when and where he died ... out on a boat with his kids and his grandkids. So he was surrounded with love doing what he loved. I miss him everyday.
    I’m very sorry about your friend also. :(

LovesButtercups

Feb 26, 2015
    TN, USA
    I have been living with my younger Dd just about 3 years now. I’m sure I’ve mentioned that my room is small but I like it because it’s on the first floor and I don’t have to do stairs. Well, now Dd is getting estimates to extend the house by 14’. This would extend her office and my room by 14’. It will be nice to have more room. She plans to use her office extension to grow plants. Both rooms with have an outside door.
    Nice - you can sneak out for late night shenanigans and not get in trouble for waking everyone up ! :lol:

LovesButtercups

Feb 26, 2015
    TN, USA
    Stops in looking around if there's still seat in the lounge for me. Have been just too busy packing, getting rid of stuff, giving away stuff and selling stuff the last two month's. Took me all morning and most of this afternoon to catch up. Was totally exhausted and worn out physically and mentally by the time we moved out of the house and had settlement. I thought I'd be dropping back in a week ago but then 'The Covid' got me. I'm still getting over it. The worst is over but I feel like someone opened the energy spigot on my body and did a total drain.

Just a quick drop in as I'm off for an afternoon nap, not a luxury nap, more a mandatory nap my body is demanding. I'll try to be back later this evening and then hopefully I'll be joining in regularly again,

Missed you all, but working/packing 7 days a week and most evenings for the last couple months, I was just too worn out to get on the computer. Glad to see woman are stronger then men and Janet was keeping you somewhat up to date on our going ons.
    Its good to hear from you! I hope you are getting some good rest, and that your energy comes back soon!

LovesButtercups

Feb 26, 2015
    TN, USA
    Welcome to TN service providers. I have been ripped off 4 times and had a zillion no shows for services. Not sure which city you are in but Clarksville doesn't have many honest or that wants to work.

I do have a great plumber, I am putting his kids through college though.
    I’m in Columbia, and yes, it’s certainly easy to get ripped off. I have been there and done that, and I’ll die mad about it still. LOL

One guy called me on Sunday evening and came out Tuesday, and another called me back Tuesday and he’s coming out tomorrow. I guess they can’t do any work with all this rain, so they are catching up on estimates. Like you said, though…estimates are one thing, but actually showing up and getting it done is a different matter!

LovesButtercups

Feb 26, 2015
    TN, USA
    Hola .. :(

Early this morning, around 2 AM, one of my long time friends passed .. we were Brothers in Arms, having served together in Vietnam .. he came home with a Bronze Star ..

Wayne was a very avid outdoors man, hunting, fishing, loved his Harley .. I would visit him generally, every Fall when I did my yearly Wine Tour .. I'd stay at his place and we'd swap stories and he'd cook up some venison and/or have a fish fry .. Wayne was never much for wine, drifting more toward Budweiser and a Marlboro .. He lived on some acreage out in the woods ..

Well, I suppose that's a valid consideration, but it really rubbed me the wrong way ..

Sadly, he was alone when he passed ..
    I’m sorry, Willie. He sounds like a good person who was a lot of fun. It‘s so hard to lose a good friend. :(

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Morning, all.

Rain. Snow level way over us, until later in the week, so no concerns for now.

Dang, Willie, not good news. :nun:

Nice to "see" you back Mike, and do get those naps in!

1670510313183.png

MikeE3

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 23, 2011
    Skippack, PA
    Nice to "see" you back Mike, and do get those naps in!

Sheesh - the last 3 nights I slept 10 hrs, 9 1/2 hrs and this morning 8 1/2 hrs. I've not slept that long since I was in my 20's. I suppose the packing, moving and Covid just caught up to my body and said "rest man', you need some rest. :blush:

Janet H

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 3, 2011
    PA
    Aww Willie, so sorry to hear about your friend. Although it's always seemed to me that people should not die alone, often times it seems that they wait to be alone to finally let go. I guess it's a matter of letting go of this world and moving on into the next one. I guess we'll all find out at some point. Meanwhile, hang onto the good times you had together, Celebrate his life and be happy that you got to share some of it with him. If we lived closer I'd give you a great big hug.

Janet H

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 3, 2011
    PA
    Today we worked out our calendars - who's going to be home or away and who can pick up the boys from school and the bus stop and when the boys will need us to put them to bed. It's a busy time of year so it's probably a good thing we're here to help out with all this scheduling. Brian is a pilot so his schedule is spotty at best.

Yesterday I went for a haircut. I was desperate, so I went to a salon nearby. I hate breaking in a new hairdresser. It's not short enough so I'll be going back before my usual 4 weeks, but at least I don't look like an old washwoman anymore..

The boys are getting put to bed now so it should be quiet soon. Time for me to get ready for bed so I don't wake them up later.

LovesButtercups

Feb 26, 2015
    TN, USA
    My aunt passed away today. She had spent a week on a ventilator, and found out that her congestive heart failure and COPD didn’t really leave her any other options, so she chose to come off the ventilator. She spent a few days in hospice care before passing on. I hope y’all don’t mind, but she was a fantastic person and I’d like to share a little bit about her.

She was a 911 dispatcher for years and years, and had seen the best and worst of people. Several years ago, she talked two young kids out of the house during a domestic violence call…it ended up being a murder/suicide, but at least the kids were out of the house and on the way to a neighbor’s home by the time it escalated. I was even lucky enough that she answered the call the day I had to call for help when I was in a car accident. I was a complete basket case, but she was a rock. She even made me laugh while I was waiting for the ambulance to arrive…sounds strange, but that bit of laughter went a very long way to calm my nerves. She also swore that a full moon brought out “the crazies”. There was a news blurb one time about there being no scientific proof of that, and she said all they had to do was work a few full moon shifts with her and the “experts” would change their mind.

She was always a huge proponent for legalizing marijuana, which surprised a lot of people. She said that she had sent officers out on thousands of calls over the years related to alcohol, but very few related to smokin’ it up, so to her it was a no-brainer that it should be legal. She said if more people reached for a doobie instead of a beer, there would be a lot less violence in the world.

She was often considered to be a battle axe by many of the officers for refusing to do their paperwork for them. She wasn’t afraid to hold someone’s feet to the fire, badge or no badge, if they weren’t doing their job. She was also a softie, though she hated for people to know it. After doing or saying something nice (which happened quite often), she’d wink and say “Don’t you tell anybody about this…I have a reputation to uphold!”

She never had any kids of her own, but would move heaven and earth for any of her nieces/nephews. She would also set us straight if we needed it, right quick and in a hurry! She made THE BEST banana pudding in the world, so good that she would make three big pans of it for holiday gatherings and there would never be even a crumb left. My uncles made a game of trying to steal a pan and hide it from everyone without getting caught, but there were far too many eyes on those puddings for them to succeed. She is going to be greatly missed.

Thanks for letting me ramble on…I hope you all have a great evening :wub:

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2011
    Meet Me in St Louie Louie
    After doing or saying something nice (which happened quite often), she’d wink and say “Don’t you tell anybody about this…I have a reputation to uphold!”

Hola .. :)

Just a wonderful remembrance of your Aunt ..

She sounds like me .. although I say :: 'Don’t you tell anybody about this…I've spent a lifetime working on my reputation' ..

I can't remember the exact quotes, but, paraphrasing ::

50’s such a shame
    60’s too soon
    70’s had a good run
    80’s a life well lived
    90’s that’s a hell of a ride

Condolences ..

Users who are viewing this thread