Love my Stardust but....cracks-

Status
Not open for further replies.

LKSkang

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2012
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Newbie question, but how do you tell the difference between batches?

I've read all 10 pages and no info on this.

I bought 4 and all have hairline cracks but no leaks and are otherwise awesome.

Also, I am currently using cappuccino and redbull and cranberry flavors, I was going to buy cola, but there are posts saying this is not a good idea. Which flavors are acidic and which aren't?

Thanks!!

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
Still on my first Vision eGo clearomizer and have cleaned and dry burned it once. I have been using this for about 2 1/2 weeks with no cracking or any problems so far. The ones I ordered has the ml marks on them and are so clear they look like glass to me, but they are some kind of plastic and is holding up very well so far. So far this is the best clear carto or any other carto I have used in my over 1 year of trying just about every carto system out there. I Do use 70/30 pg/vg and only tobacco flavors. I have given one of these to a friend that uses only Cinnamon and has had it for just 1 week, so I will check on how its working for her and try to post it here later.

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
Newbie question, but how do you tell the difference between batches?

I've read all 10 pages and no info on this.

I bought 4 and all have hairline cracks but no leaks and are otherwise awesome.

Also, I am currently using cappuccino and redbull and cranberry flavors, I was going to buy cola, but there are posts saying this is not a good idea. Which flavors are acidic and which aren't?

Thanks!!
Check out this link for juices that crack clear carto's, the link is a long one but has alot of information.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-juices-flavors-crack-tanks-ce2s-clearos.html:blush:

Last edited:

LKSkang

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2012
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I saw that smoktech makes their tanks from POLYPROPYLENE instead of POLYCARBONATE. Given that smok doesn't make theirs with curves but they just released a ego dual coil tanks in both cilinder and cone shaped.

I do really like the screw on cap system for the stardust and being able to fill and dry burn them easily, but watching out for juice flavors and still seeing cracks might get me to try out these smok dct.

Just makes sence to use polyPROPYLENE tanks for my PROPYLENE glycol juice ;)

LKSkang

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2012
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
not by that much, cracks the same with the same juice. might be a better type but still cracks.

Boo... :(

Maybe you can answer my other questions:

1) how do you tell the difference between batches?

2) is cola usually a culprit? I'm currently using cappuccino, red bull, and cranberry splash (sample). I read cola sometimes cracks it but no definite answer found.

Thanks!!

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA

2) is cola usually a culprit? I'm currently using cappuccino, red bull, and cranberry splash (sample). I read cola sometimes cracks it but no definite answer found.

Thanks!!

our cola yes it will, uses lemon and other acidic flavorings and becuase of that im thinking about stopping cola soon until i can reformulate it, not sure about others cola, depends on the flavorings they use to create the cola taste and this can be done a few ways.

so far it seems cinnamon , lemons, pure orange flavorings and many acidic flavorings are causing the issue but its hard to pinpoint what juice form what vendor would cause them as their flavorings could be from any of multiple flavoring companies. but as mentioned on ecf, cinnamon and acidic flavorings are an issue.

Sethenes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
Louisville, KY

Thanks!!

I've used Tasty Vapor's Cherry Cola in the Vision Ego Stardusts and it hasn't cracked them.

BonnyC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
Georgia
I mostly just use Vapor Bomb juice. Does anyone know which ones might crack these? I currently have Black Cherry, Spearmint, Double Dutch Chocolate, Hypnotic Mist, Snickerdoodle, Liquid Amber. I'm figuring that I should not try the cherry, spearmint or liquid amber. I read that wintergreen juices are bad and the others are acidic. Any advice on the rest?

luv2vape

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2010
missouri usa
ive used all kinds of juices in mine, and the have all cracked.but i beleive it is from carrying in my pocket and the stress it puts on the base, hence why all the cracks are at the bottom,so really cant complain or asked them to change anything if its just abuse, these are the best cartos and if bad has the tubes ill just keep up with replacement tubes.

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
I have been using the first Vision Ego Clearomizers since the 19th of March or about 3 weeks and have cleaned and dry burned around every 7 days. I see no cracks anywhere so far. I only use tobacco e-juice. I will one of these days use Cinnamon and see what happens. I really like these carto's, they just go and go and you don't need to worry about burning filler material because there is none. If I have a complaint it is that the flavor does seem muted in them. Other than that they produce very good vapor, you can see how much fluid is in it, and the carto looks very nice on any battery.

sandscards

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2012
Broken Arrow, OK
I have had two of my ten develope cracks in the base area. I didn't try and fix them and just tossed them when I noticed cracks. They had been in use about 10 days or so. Others are working over three weeks and still going strong. They aren't really that expensive and I fill with cinnamon quite a bit. I just rinse and dry burn them every four or five days and go back to vaping. They are so simple to fill and use. The only thing I don't like is the sludge when I get to about the last quarter inch of juice. Maybe it just happens with all to coils and I just can't see it or whatever but I just have to rinse it out and go again. I consider a couple weeks out of this device a win due to it's price point. Mine are from the first batch with no metal cone on top so they don't even have the later revisions. Will order again when getting low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread