Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
My thought is that the manufacturer should remove the knurling and add a second groove and o-ring instead. That should provide plenty of friction to hold them together without putting stress on the tank.

I like the Pyrex tank idea too.

Instead of the OEM going down the road of the Clearomizers and doing all the ¼ steps that RS/MiT tried, I’d like to see them move Directly to the tube material of the Latest CE2’s.

Polypropylene?

vapspaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
SC
Instead of the OEM going down the road of the Clearomizers and doing all the ¼ steps that RS/MiT tried, I’d like to see them move Directly to the tube material of the Latest CE2’s.

Polypropylene?

Ditto that one. But in all fairness they did successfully make them in the first batch without fracturing them so it can be done. They simply didn't hold the tolerances on this second batch and it caused too tight of a force fit connection. With that said however, with the known problem with some acidic joose they should have known better than to go down this road again.

And yes, the final E2 and Vision tubes were extruded from what appears to be Polypro but this same material can be molded as well. Most juice bottles are molded polypro. The Stardust tanks would just need to be molded a little thicker than joose bottles to give them more rigidity. Probably the same thickness as the current Stardust tanks I would think.

Sent from my Vision TOX with my Stardust!!!

Now THAT's a good one. lol
btw... IMHO I have found anything higher than 4.2 watts on a top coil design in that ohm range just kills the flavor and increases your chances for dry hits.

SueL

Dec 13, 2011
Connecticut
I was the OP of this thread. I wanted to post about my problems with the stardusts because I liked them so much. I was hoping that they could be fixed.

When the LR versions became available, I ordered the maximum 4 allowed. Two of those have been used for a full week now and no cracks!!!!! :D The ones I received are the conehead type. I wanted to give them a few days to make sure, but looks like things are better now. I also like the LR version because it does give me a warmer hit on my standard ego battery, which I was hoping for.

Now just have to wait for them to be back in stock. Hoping the colored ones are coming in LR too!

SueL

Dec 13, 2011
Connecticut
@SueL - Do your new stardusts have a 'stiff' draw? Mine certainly do (at least the 3 I've put into rotation so far - I still have 2 in reserve).

I have only been vaping for a little over three months, but in my limited experience, I would say they are medium draw. I do find that they work better with a longer easy draw instead of a strong draw.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
yes correct, some people are drawing fast and hard and that makes it worse, a nice slow longer drag gets perfect performance, the replacement tubes are in the air

as a matter of fact, i was going to mention this the other day, i sent one to a reviewer, he complained, i watched him vape it and he was drawing hard and fast hwo he would on a fill carto tank, i told him slow it down as if you know its a hard draw but instead of trying to suck in hard and fast to slow it down drasticly since not every system has the same draw, so when its a tighter draw, you draw slow and long, and then he was amazed by it.

Last edited:

byggd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2011
So Cal
this is also easy to PROVE. take your stardust and fire it up
take a fast hard draw and then blow out, i bet you get little vaor. now re fire the battery and take a slow slow drag and add a second to your nimral time, i bet you get tons of vapor.
Very true and good advise! Also, if the draw seems tight remove the mouth piece and look inside to be sure the shaft with the silicon cap is centered. If it's not center it by moving your battery and reinstall the mouth piece. Centered they draw is much better. The newest units with the cone are self centering which should help them be more consistent.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
Is the price of the vision eGo star dust for 1 carto? I seen somewhere they came in packs of 4.

our price is 5.65 and if hit the vip it drop it down more. no one has them in packs of 4 for 5.65,5.95, 5.75 for a full 4 pack but im sure people are offering them for 4 for whatever price, we sell them as singles and will continue to do so, makes it easier for people to buy.

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
our price is 5.65 and if hit the vip it drop it down more. no one has them in packs of 4 for 5.65,5.95, 5.75 for a full 4 pack but im sure people are offering them for 4 for whatever price, we sell them as singles and will continue to do so, makes it easier for people to buy.
Thanks for the Information. I just didn't know for sure. Will you be getting any replacement parts for them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread