Status
Not open for further replies.

timothy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2010
texas
The one I had that has cracks thought I would see if I could take apart and thanks to rock Robbie's vid took it apart and then wanted to re wick it so the only wire I had was the original used a wick from a dud e2 I had and did 4 wraps put it back together trimed the wicks longer to reach the bottom. It says 2.9 ohms on the Darwin but put it on a 3.7 chuck and this thing seems to hit better and stronger than it did new, the coil even glows hotter and puts out tons of vapor on a one or two second draw. Now just need a new tube and this thing will be rocking love the rebuild ability of these so simple

Sethenes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
Louisville, KY
The only one I've had crack was the one I put TV Atomic Cinnacide in. Even the one I've taken apart to clean and put back together has no cracks. Guess I got lucky with my batch. Oh well, replacement tubes on the way, but disassembling them is kind of a pain to do without bending and having to reshape the metal skirt! But, even so, they still work like a charm and i don't even care about the scratches on the skirt from not padding the vice grip.

byggd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2011
So Cal
disassembling them is kind of a pain to do without bending and having to reshape the metal skirt! But, even so, they still work like a charm and i don't even care about the scratches on the skirt from not padding the vice grip.
I agree! These things are awesome and with some small improvements will be darn near perfect!

burns_erin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
The ArmPit of Texas
I should be getting a eGo star dust this week. It sounds like it will be better that any of the CE2 type carto's out there. I hope so and looking forward to trying them.

They really are awesome. Just be mindful of the juice you put in them. Nothing too acidic, and make sure you are careful when inserting our removing the mouth piece.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
improvements are always being looked into.

people should know that these are fine and working well, anyone hearing of cracking or issues should realize that was form the batch right after the holiday and its kind of easy to explain.

These came out in december, sold out fast, everyone loved them, more came in and those sold out instantly, 3 others had them and all sold out as well. Then the chinese new year kicked in setting china back 3weeks plus an additinal 3 weeks when they got back, time off plus now they had to make up all the work form taking off ealry in january, add to that, that the raw material factories where closed 1 week earlier then normal in january screwing every factory up.

then we move into first week of february when they all get back to work, they have to make all the orders they still had form ealry january plus they have a huge hit in the stardust with tons of orders for them becuase now its popular and i mean very popular, the ego vision stardust exploded onto the scene and in 1 month became world known.

Now, all the vendors are waiting for the older orders of stardusts and china had to churn them out as fast as they could becuase not only are htey behind with tons of other orders but now they have the ego vision stardust to deal with and people want them when they want them.

This led to that batch that everyone got to be slightly off on some peaces and thats where most people saw the issues, this was seen by them in china so then they slowed down and even improved the ego vision stardust by adding the pip(steeljans term i like it) and the tubes can be removed easier. they also sent tubes so people can replace tube son their own and they slowed down the work pace to keep QC up, since then things have been fine and we are where we are today with ego vision stardusts selling well and being used by many who love them.

byggd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2011
So Cal
These came out in december, sold out fast, everyone loved them, more came in and those sold out instantly, 3 others had them and all sold out as well. Then the chinese new year kicked in setting china back 3weeks plus an additinal 3 weeks when they got back, time off plus now they had to make up all the work form taking off ealry in january, add to that, that the raw material factories where closed 1 week earlier then normal in january screwing every factory up.
Oh make no mistake, I'm not complaining and will keep buying these units. Never hurts to improve and keep moving forward though. ;-)

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
They really are awesome. Just be mindful of the juice you put in them. Nothing too acidic, and make sure you are careful when inserting our removing the mouth piece.
Well I have been using my Vision Ego for 3 days now and I really like them. I bought 5 and have only used one so far and use it all day. My first imprecision is, they are easy to fill from a bottle, no flooding or gurgling like some of the CE2's or 3's. I just vape and fill. Its always ready to go when I pick it up and just works with no hassle. So for me they just work great all around and I have not been able to say that about any other carto or any type I have used. No filler just juice and you can see when its getting low and no possibility of burning filler material because there is none. So its been perfect in all areas of use with no fiddling or modding needed. If there is any down side for me it seems the flavors are some what muted compared to some of the other carto's. I gave one to a friend and she uses another juice from what I use and she said after the 2nd day of use that the flavor was not as good as with some carto's, and she also thought the Vision was perfect from all other aspects. I thinks we both agree that its worth the trade off of loosing some flavor for the way it works so well. I have rambled on for long enough. Happy vaping to all.

One last note: I need to remember that if I take off the screw in mouth piece, to not lay it down like other carto's or the juice will run out all over the place, if it still has alot of juice in it.LOL

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
I felt like my vision ego clearomizer needed cleaning so I took the mouth piece off and pulled the little plastic cup off below that,(the cup that covers the top stem and coil) Then I did a dry burn and replaced the cup, filled it and its working like new again. Sure beats the CE2's because in my opinion they work better to start with.

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
I have been thinking of trying the Vision. I vape VG juice tho, due to PG allergy. Has anyone tried them with VG juice?

Thanks in advance.

Brightest Blessings
I have not tried all VG juice but I think it should work just fine becasue the wick is very short compared to the CE2'2. It you don't mind how does you allergy to PG effect you?? THANKS

Desert Willow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
Bullhead City, AZ
I have not tried all VG juice but I think it should work just fine becasue the wick is very short compared to the CE2'2. It you don't mind how does you allergy to PG effect you?? THANKS

I start coughing at about 70/30 VG/PG mix. I am not talking about the polite little cough to clear your throat. I cough like I am trying to bring up a lung, body racking spasms of coughing. I cough until tears stream out of my eyes and I can't see. It is not a pretty sight.

I am lucky tho, I can tolerate enough PG to flavor my juices so I do not have to buy special flavorings.

I would like to be able to vape while driving. I do not drip and drive so I pull into parking lots to vape when I need to drip... a minor inconvenience.

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
I start coughing at about 70/30 VG/PG mix. I am not talking about the polite little cough to clear your throat. I cough like I am trying to bring up a lung, body racking spasms of coughing. I cough until tears stream out of my eyes and I can't see. It is not a pretty sight.

I am lucky tho, I can tolerate enough PG to flavor my juices so I do not have to buy special flavorings.

I would like to be able to vape while driving. I do not drip and drive so I pull into parking lots to vape when I need to drip... a minor inconvenience.
Thanks for the reply. Myself and other now see how PG might effect someone, and consider that your symptoms might be connected to PG and not a cold or something else.

Desert Willow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
Bullhead City, AZ
Thanks for the reply. Myself and other now see how PG might effect someone, and consider that your symptoms might be connected to PG and not a cold or something else.

Not a problem, glad to share.

I wish I could tolerate more PG in my mix because of all the cool vaping toys that come along. Most advancements in the vaping community seem to require a higher PG ratio than I can tolerate.

Despite the minor inconvenience of pulling off the road to drip, I am glad that I vape instead of smoke. I am approaching 2 years vaping now.

:toast:

Njt07

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2011
Ft Hood TX
Not a problem, glad to share.

I wish I could tolerate more PG in my mix because of all the cool vaping toys that come along. Most advancements in the vaping community seem to require a higher PG ratio than I can tolerate.

Despite the minor inconvenience of pulling off the road to drip, I am glad that I vape instead of smoke. I am approaching 2 years vaping now.

:toast:

Try this out it works fairly well with 100% vg, but you may want to add another small hole. I use this with my ego batt with a thread cover for the DCC tanks.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tank-mods/281375-306-atty-tank-using-dcc-tank.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread