macgyver it - household items re-tasked

Status
Not open for further replies.

lryder71

Verified Member
Apr 1, 2014
Nd
I found this "case" with ear buds in it at the local $ store. Took off the white paper, put some silver on (bling it how you want). Its approx 6.25 inches long and 3/4 inch wide. I can fit my ego twist 900mah with a ce4/ce5 or have a kanger mini on it. If I have my 1100mah I have to take the drip tip off the kanger mini for it to fit. It's solid and I don't worry about miss fires.

case01.jpg

glointhedark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Antelope, CA, USA
When we were using cigalikes, I grabbed a small corkscrew that we were not using (we have a better one) and used it to take the drip caps off the cartos when i filled them. I also have a ceramic tea mug with a strainer and lid that I use for cleaning coils now that we have moved up to Evods.

not sure if it qualifies as a "household item", but this stuff has been really useful for coiling and wicking with cotton (especially yarn): 2mm brass pipe

Thread the yarn thru and you've got an easy spot to coil, secure to atty, pull tube and cotton thru and then slide tube off. Have to cut it with a dremel or saw because it crimps really easily.

Merryhellion

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2013
Burlington, WI, USA
Found It!!! In my head, I knew there was a tool my father (who is now no longer able to answer the question) had when I was a kid, that he'd chuck up tiny drill bits in to do detail on his woodcarving. I've been desperately seeking something suitable for retasking as a coil building drill bit holder. While I do have a lovely mini file handle that does well for 3mm, I wanted something that would go smaller.

pin vise!

Don'tcha just hate when a term you know you had as a young'un slips through the holes in your timeline? =)

chebird

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
Western Mass
P1010125.jpg P1010126.jpg P1010127.jpg P1010128.jpg I've used various things at different times, in my 6 months of vaping, which btw has taken me "into the rabbit hole" :vapor:

paper clips through the tips of my I clear 16's to realign those pesky silicoln head toppers, I use these rubber bottoms to my old Dunkin Donuts coffee mugs to hold carto condoms and my modified syringe (that I clean out cartomizers to reuse with)

oh and I have recently made a travel case/holder for my mods and attys out of a verizon cell phone box, incorporating some 1 inch foam, I will try to remember to edit this with some photos later, as it is passed my bedtime;)

This is a great thread, I am subscribing! happy vaping to all, and to all a good nite:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread