Status
Not open for further replies.

jmur

Aggie AND Moon's Acct., on retainer for Beckyblue
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Connecticut
My first vape was a Fin cigalike, just over two years ago. Actually, it did the trick for me! After 45 years of 2 to 3 PAD, I never had another one from that moment on. I'm still amazed! Of course I moved on to other things since then. Right now I'm loving my Coolfires and istick 50W, and of course my big boy Nauti! Oh, and kayfun and Magma too...

rbeckys8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
idaho
Everybody was using ego's with a kanger tank...so I bought one and quit (cigs) that night and the next day I only had the set-up and stuck with it. I will admit I had tried 2 years earlier with a cig-a-like but it didn't work. I needed to be able to have a draw like a cig to stop smoking and I still use ego stuff plus other batteries and tanks but they are all similar since I don't chase clouds and I am satisfied with what I have..2 years now and very happy with vaping!

Reactions: DavidOck

Noble Gas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
California
1. BLU (lasted about two weeks, then I went back to cigarettes for almost two years)
2. iClear 16 clearo and a Vision Spinner. I was lucky enough to get a really great flavored e-juice my first time, and I was way more satisfied with the vapor production than I had been with BLU. Also, the 1600 mAh battery was way better, not to mention the variable voltage.

Thanks for the contest, MV :)

Utsuru

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2013
Arkansas, USA
The MVP 2 and Nautilus Mini got me off of cigarettes, and isn't technically my first mod since I had a protank on a c-twist in 2013 but I was unsuccessful at quitting then. I got the MPV/Naut setup several weeks ago and haven't had a cigarette since, it's like a miracle. It was a little rough for the first 3 days or so but I made it through. I still use it every day, it's a nice tank and mod in my opinion and does what I need it to do.

Thanks for another great contest! :)

rangerrobin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Northern California
1) What was your first vape setup?
Rechargable cigalike with prefilled disposable cartridges.

2) What was your first vape setup that actually got you to give up analogs?

A combination of Vision Spinners/with Evods and Vamos and Provaris with Kanger Protanks IIs. I have since upgraded. ;)

Thanks for the contest!

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
My first setup was a Vuse Solo. They sent me a free coupon so I picked up a "menthol" one at the 7-Eleven, and gave it a shot. I cut down on my number of smokes at that point but was still using them pretty regularly. I "mostly" quit when I got a simple refillable kit with a BDC clearomizer and an ego-twist battery. But there were still times when it was on the charger and unavailable, so I was still smoking occasionally, out of necessity (I wasn't buying those nasty Vuse cartridges anymore by that time, they just tasted like straight ashtray compared to everything else.) So I guess what really got me off the stinkies for good, was when I got a Joye 510cc (another refillable, but this one slim like a cig-a-like) as a backup unit, so I could still have something to vape on for when my main one was out of commission.

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
I have always thought of My first vape setup as the ego t 650mah battery with CE4 tank, but before I found that I used the disposable classic tobacco cigalike.
The first setup that got me to give up analogs was a 1100mah ego battery with a CE4 tank, but I owe my ability to give up analogs to hazelnut eliquid. I was not able to quit until I found that hazelnut eliquid I found :)

Thank you Madvapes! Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
Thank you for the contest.

3.5 years ago my first vape setup was a joytech 510 which drove me nuts but I persevered and upgraded to joytech 510t

Seemed like such a leap at the time but that little 510t with its 15 little batteries allow me to finally quit a 35 year 50 a day habit on the day my Eliquid containing nicotine arrived. They were hard work keeping all the batteries charged and I quickly moved up the battery chain. Still have that first kit as a reminder of where it all began :p

Reactions: Bookworm

Bookworm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
USA
My first set up was a Smok 510 kit from Madvapes, actually. It was delivered on a Friday, and I was smoke free by Tuesday.

They were small batteries, and I had to charge them a lot. But I loved them and I loved the kit. I just happened to like both of the juices I randomly picked (Top Vapor Vanilla Tobacco and Blueberry), and that definitely was a big help.

I used that kit exclusively for a couple of months, and then added some egos to the mix and tried a bunch of different clearos and toppers.

3 years later, I am back to vaping with the same type of little 510 atomizer from my original kit, and one of the actual batteries from that kit still works. I occasionally charge it up just for old times.

Thanks for getting me off smokes and this contest, Madvapes!

WifeyCO

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Mile Hi City
My first setup was a 510 cigalike 650mah battery with refillable cartridges.

The above setup, kept me from picking up another cigarette. I have graduated to many setups since then.

Thanks for the great contests.

Reactions: jmur

morri

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2012
Texas
wow, I have to give this to Blu. I had them and used them for a couple of months. The menthol because
I thought I needed the same thing as current cigs were.

The ego was the first thing that actually gave me everything that I needed and fruit juice, strawberry, of
course. some things never change. rofl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread