MadVapes Weekly Contest - November 17 through November 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

tick22

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Vanceboro, NC
Yes I have started to learn the art of building coils and wicking. been about 2 months and have conquered the veritas, kayfuns, Plum Veil, magma, Tobh as well as some easier beginner RDAs... Hardest to master was the Veritas, darn dual vert or horz coils with that top nut. Still have trouble with the Omega but we all do with the sunken post holes below that ridge.

SLane

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
North Carolina
I've bought 2 Cartomizer and Atomizer Ohm Meter, sample sizes of organic cotton wick, silica wick and bamboo wick. I've also bought sample sizes of 32ga Kanthal A1 wire, Nichrome 80 Wire 32GA and Nichrome 80 Wire 34GA. I've bought the little tiny screwdriver. I have tons of old protank replacement heads and vivi nova replacement heads. I've done the research and watched the vids and I think I have everything I need. Now I just need some time to sit down and give it all a try and also to find out what wire and wick the dh and I like best.

So no, I don't rebuild. Yet. :)

P.S. For you rebuilders, Is there anything I'm missing before I start?

kathi17

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Stonington, ME, USA
Do you rebuild? Why or why not?

I want to, cause I'm cheap. But I have found I'm more lazy. I have wire and wick, I know I could do it, but kicking back with a fresh coil out of the box and enjoying my vape is nice.

But soon I will. And I'll prolly kick myself for not doing it sooner.

Not an entry

Yeah, you'll kick yourself. :) I'm lazy too, and would much rather just open a box. I really don't enjoy coiling and wicking, but it's so much better that I do it anyway. The one time since I started rebuilding that I tried a prebuilt was on vacation a month or so ago. I used that tank for less than half a day, and then went back to my rebuildable toppers. There's just no comparison, even for someone like me, who doesn't enjoy rebuilding.

kathi17

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Stonington, ME, USA
I've bought 2 Cartomizer and Atomizer Ohm Meter, sample sizes of organic cotton wick, silica wick and bamboo wick. I've also bought sample sizes of 32ga Kanthal A1 wire, Nichrome 80 Wire 32GA and Nichrome 80 Wire 34GA. I've bought the little tiny screwdriver. I have tons of old protank replacement heads and vivi nova replacement heads. I've done the research and watched the vids and I think I have everything I need. Now I just need some time to sit down and give it all a try and also to find out what wire and wick the dh and I like best.

So no, I don't rebuild. Yet. :)

P.S. For you rebuilders, Is there anything I'm missing before I start?

Not an entry

Are you rebuilding things like Kangers? I just wondered, because you are using 32 and 34 ga wire. Those will be much more difficult than larger wire if you have an RDA. If you have a good starter RDA like a Nimbus or Igo L, you would be better off starting with 28 ga if you have a fairly powerful APV, or 30 ga if you are using something like an MVP or Spinner. (30 ga heats up faster than 28).

If you are rebuilding Kangers or the like, those are much more difficult to rebuild than most of the RBAs.

Noble Gas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
California
Why yes, I rebuild. At first, I got into it mainly because of financial limitations. Buying new packs of coil heads for my Protanks and clearos was too expensive, so I got an RDA and some Kanthal. After acquiring some skill at it through practice, I came to really enjoy it. Also, the flavor and vapor production of rebuildables was, for me, far superior and much more satisfying than any other gear I had, as well as being considerably more affordable and reliable. I love that there are many ways to vape and always encourage others to try them all; but for me, a Kayfun or a dripper on top of a mechanical mod is the perfect vape.

As always, thanks to Mike and Mad Vapes for another great contest! Best of luck to everyone!

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
Yes, I rebuild! When I first started vaping I purchased so many disposable tanks until i found out about tanks that you could just replace the coils......and then I purchased tons of replacement coils for a while. lol While researching one day I disvovered that I could rebuild my coils myself! I was so excited when I rebuilt my first coil!
So, I rebuild because it is cheaper, my rebuilt coils last longer, and I do not have to worry about running out of coils!

Thanks Madvapes! Good luck everyone :)

No I do not at this time. I just started e-cigarette to stop smoking. I am using an innokin clk 1280 at this time and am starting to look at other option including building my own. I have been a technician for low voltage systems for 25 years so understand the concept so will give it a try as soon as I get comfortable on no analogs.

Thank you
Shawn

Last edited:

ProjektMayhem

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2014
Mooresville, NC, USA
Man that's a loaded question. I like being able to tweak my vape to just how I like it. At first I didn't really want to get into rebuilding because I was a little bit intimidated by all of the information about safety, batteries, battery safety, coiling, wicking, airflow, and all that stuff. But I learned a lot and finally bought myself a Nimbus with stock air holes from Madvapes and it sucked lol. So I got a real RDA, a Tobh from Madvapes and finally got a good build in there and vaped on it for the first time and I got such amazing flavor from it compared to the clearos I dealt with in the past. Ever since that day it's been building all the time. That's why I rebuild. For more flavor, more vapor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread