The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

MadVapes Weekly Contest - November 17 through November 21

Discussion in 'MadVapes' started by Crowedude654, Nov 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. whodat2112

whodat2112 ECF Guru ECF Veteran

I do rebuild. Started with the Protank heads, and move to Kayfuns.
    I like the flavor from the Kayfuns, and the fact that I can build to whatever specific ohm that I want to use.

2. b.m.

b.m. Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    Yes,i rebuild.The reason,i was using a pro tank,and the coils were getting expensive,so i decided to watch some videos on how to rebuild those.When i realized how much better the taste was,i decided to try out a few rda's then went on to the fogger's,orchids,etc.So rebuilding those little pro tank heads opened up a whole new world to me.

3. kathi17

kathi17 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 30, 2013
    Stonington, ME, USA
    I rebuild. I was tired of leaky tanks and coils which were DOA, plus, I kept hearing about how much better the flavor was, so I bought some RTAs/RDAs, some Kanthal, an ohm meter and some cotton, and started building my own. I'm really glad I did.

4. mac63

mac63 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 1, 2014
    too far from home
    I haven't done any rebuilds yet but they are coming. Have had a meter since before I decided on doing builds cause I wanted to be able to check my prebuilts. I now have the wire and wick for it - now I just need to take the time and go for it.

5. phager

phager Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 4, 2010
    Monongahela, PA
    I absolutely rebuild. I've always been a bit of a tinkerer, so when I got back in to vaping and saw the advances in technology, such as RDAs, I thought it would be fun to try out down the road.

After vaping for a few days with my iTaste VV, and seeing how quickly the flavor went weak on the clearos that came with it, and the cost of replacement, I dove in and ordered three Igo-Ws, an ohm meter and a couple of rolls of Kanthal and cotton balls and haven't looked back.

Of course the economies of it hasn't really panned out, since last Friday I ordered a telescopic mod, 18650s, 18350s, charger and a Kayfun (from MadVapes, natch). That would have bought a lot of clearos and naughty heads, but where's the fun in that!

6. DoomiteAsh

DoomiteAsh Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 16, 2014
    Amarillo, TX
    I don't rebuild yet, but I definitely want to start soon. I've got a few old Kanger heads to practice with and a Stanley precision screwdriver set for wrapping, just gotta get the ohm meter, kanthal, N cotton! I want to get like a Taifun eventually, maybe even a mech mod with a dripper.

Thanks for the contest!

Sent from Doomite Central!

7. spider3006

spider3006 Full Member

Mar 26, 2014
    eastland tx usa
    no . but i am thinking about starting .

8. BiCurry

BiCurry Full Member

I do rebuild.. Some.. I'm a learner still.. I wanna build to have more to do with my hobby and learn more about the varied devices...
    Thanks!

9. cleggjm

cleggjm Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 4, 2014
    san marcos, texas
    I do want to learn to rebuild but don't have the funds for it so I have always wanted to but don't know how to start or what I need so this kit would be perfect.

10. supersport13

supersport13 Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 25, 2013
    United States
    Yes, I rebuild. I started off on Kanger protank coils, but I hated having to buy them every week. So I started rebuilding those. I could choose what ohms I wanted to do as well as the wick material (cotton, rayon, etc). It gave me much more flexibility as to how I wanted to vape. Then I moved into Kayfuns, Foggers, and now the Lemo. If I don't like the build I did, I just do it again. Easy peezy and much less expensive!:D P.S. I almost forgot to mention the flavor difference from premade clearo coils to custom homemade coils I make! Nite and day!

11. reeffreak77

reeffreak77 Senior Member ECF Veteran

I have yet to try rebuilding. Only started vaping 2 months ago. And just haven't bought a rebuildable yet

12. Bionicunderwear

Bionicunderwear Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I am just learning to rebuild. I'm finding it is less expensive and lasts longer

13. sungbd

sungbd Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 18, 2014
    Minneapolis, MN
    No, I haven't done any rebuild since I am fairly new to the world of vaping.
    One month was not enough time to try many things.

But, the time will come soon.

Thank you for the contest.

14. _JB_

_JB_ Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 9, 2014
    Michigan
    I rebuild. I started rebuilding Evod coils after about 3 weeks of vaping because of what I read here on ECF. I now use mostly Protank2's and build them between 1.1 and 1.8 Ohms using cotton. The flavor and vapor production just blows away stock coils and for under $20 you can get darn near a lifetime of supplies.

Thank you for the generous and ongoing contests.

15. iota

iota Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2014
    In transit
    Yes sir, I make coils for all of my tanks and also for my catarpillar rda. I enjoy building more now that I am getting better at it and I love how I can make a fresh coil everyday if I want to. I save money and love the convenience. Thank ya'!

16. nanusic

nanusic Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 23, 2014
    Myrtle Beach
    Yes, definitely! I enjoy the flavor more. I have 4 RDA's going at any given time! Excessive I suppose, but I like variety!
    Thank you for all of these wonderful contests!;)

17. SC_Sammy

SC_Sammy Senior Member Verified Member

Aug 20, 2010
    SC
    I like rebuilding also. It gives me total control with no surprises.

18. DaveOno

DaveOno ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Do you rebuild? Why or why not?

I want to, cause I'm cheap. But I have found I'm more lazy. I have wire and wick, I know I could do it, but kicking back with a fresh coil out of the box and enjoying my vape is nice.

But soon I will. And I'll prolly kick myself for not doing it sooner.

19. dhood

dhood Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 30, 2014
    Georgia
    Not yet. Started vaping to quit analogs. My equipment started simple and I've been slowly upgrading. I've been told I'm progressing nicely and should be ready to start "rebuilding" in another few months at the rate I'm going. I keep using the excuse that I'm not a cloud chaser, but I have gotten to the point where I'm a flavor chaser. Rebuilding is probably where I'll end up, just don't know when yet.

20. BaronRocco

BaronRocco Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 19, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    I do not rebuild...yet. I would like to try my hands at it at some point, but haven't had the fundage to do so.

Thanks for the contest.

Be well,
    Rocco

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.