MadVapes Weekly Contest - March 10 thru March 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

joecil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Russell Springs, Kentucky
My first kit I got on the advice of a nurse at the hospital when they told me I had lung cancer. She recommended Volt which I bought for a reasonable price I might add from AltSmoke up the street from me. I've not touched a cigarette since after over 50 years as a PAD smoker. I've since moved on to other more advanced devices but will never go near a cigarette again. It does look like I will survive the cancer this time as it was caught real early.

Last edited:

MoonLit_Water

We All Shine On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Stuart, Florida
!st Ecig was a Logic from a gas station in ocala fl. I knew at that point it wasn't near the best, but had no idea of the vast amount of stuff out there. But it was enough for me to realize i was gonna stop the stinkies two days later was My last cigarette. shortly afterward i found ECF and began My true journey into vaping.

cathleenmarie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Citrus Springs, Florida USA
Last November I flew from Kansas City to Florida. Before going in to the airport I stopped outside to have my last analog before the flight. Two men from Florida were smoking analogs in "the smoking area" on the sidewalk with me. One was complaining about having forgotten his vaporizer at home and having to smoke analogs while in Kansas City. The other man had an ego vaporizer hanging from his neck. He was asking if vaporizers were permitted in the airport. We started talking about vaping and the first man talked about how he had quit smoking. That vaporizers replaced the hand to mouth habit he had with analogs and it had helped him quit smoking.

It was my first exposure to vaporizers and ecigarettes. He told me that for around $100 I could purchase vaporizer equipment and e-liquid. Then showed me what looked to be about a 15ml bottle of e-liquid and said it cost about $7.00 and tasted good. Said he had been using it to vape for about 6 months. Looking back I think he must have been exaggerating how long 15mg lasted because he gave the impression he was a heavy vapor. I suspect he is a member of this forum because what he said was very similar to what I have read here at ECF.

I smoked analogs for 40+ years and had tried to quit numerous times. I tried the patch, gum, welbutrin and chantix but was unable to quit smoking. The airport conversation lasted maybe 5 minutes but it changed my life. During my visit to Florida I thought about the conversation a lot.

By the time I left Florida I had decided to try e cigs. When I got home I searched the internet and found ECF. Did a whole lot of research before buying anything and purchased a good ego starter set from Apollo. Haven't smoked an analog since last November!!!!! Vaping has become a hobby and now own a number of VV/VW mods and am enjoying them. I am learning to build coils and make e-liquid. Feel like I've started a journey and it's one of the best ones I've taken in many years. That 5 minute conversation sure changed my life. The two men who inspired my journey earned a huge thank you from myself and those who love me.

Last edited:

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
Wow, my first real ecig kit? I met a woman through a mutual friend, and we became friends. She sold ecigs and eliquids. She only sold the EgoT 650mah batteries with CE4 and charger and it was $38. She then sold 30ml for $30. She sold the batteries individually for $28. Plus about a 40 minute drive.

I knew nothing about ecigs, so I thought that since she was my friend it had to be a great deal. The eliquid supposedly had 18mg nicotine in it, but it burnt up really fast and was as thin as water. Her mocha hazelnut was the only kind I vaped, and it was delicious. The sad thing was the CE4s did not last any longer than like 1 to 1 and 1/2 weeks. She sold replacement CE4 for $10! I asked her if there were any other clearomizers made besides the CE4, and she told me no that they were not as good.... I was vaping 30ml at 18mg nicotine in less than 1 and 1/2 weeks, and still having to smoke analogs because my cravings were not going away. I smoked about 10 to 13 cigarettes a day, mostly 10 a day.

One day I found Clearomizers and batteries on Amazon and EBAY and eliquid at BEJ...I could not believe it! I was so mad, and thought no way did a friend charge me that much! Still today I have not found prices as expensive as hers! I would understand if she had bills to pay for a shop, but she had a friend who sold them in their bar for her for free. My first eliquid I ordered from BEJ at 18mg nicotine was so strong that it gave me extreme headaches if I hit it more than twice in a row. Lol So I ordered 6mg nicotine and it was perfect! I do not think that my friend was even putting 6mg of nicotine in hers. I am so thankful that I found online vendors, because I gave up on vaping, because I could not afford her prices for something that was not giving me no nicotine or enough nicotine to keep me off cigarettes. Then when I found Madvapes I really hit the jackpot! I now use clearomizers and batteries and other great equipment that I love and that last! I have not touched and will not another CE4 clearomizer ever again!!! Lol To me a CE4 is equivalent to a cigarette.....never again! :)

Thanks for the contest! Good luck everyone!

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

mom2matoskah

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2012
Thomasville, NC, USA
My first ecig kit was a Blu starter kit that I bought at Walgreens for something like $75 or so. I bought it on a whim on Feb. 16, 2012, I had been planning to quit smoking and being a pack a day smoker of Camel Wides for years, it was a daunting idea. I had decided that since we moved and I was under much less stress, I would give it a try. I charged up my ecig and had my last cigarette at 11:15pm that night. It was rough.. I don't recommend Blu for anyone these days! LOL! I realized pretty quickly that buying replacement cartos at Walgreens was going to cost just as much as smoking did, and I was still going through my "quit smoking twitchy time", so I ordered a e-liquid kit and gave a sad attempt at refilling my spent cartos for a while. Then, I discovered MadVapes, thank goodness! I ordered a Vision Stone tank and after wandering around with a huge vision stone atop a blu battery for a couple of weeks, I saved enough to order a Chrome Bolt mod, batteries and a charger. That was it, I had found my way to leave smoking behind! I even remember one day while my husband was at work, he had left a pack of smokes on the mantle and I grabbed it and started to head outside to have a smoke. My son, three years old at the time, grabbed my Blu and ran to me, saying "Mommy, don't go smoke! Please, use this and stay inside with me!" so that was the last time I came that close to smoking again :)

I am now using bottom-coil pyrex tanks and HAD been using a black Tesla 18650 mod that I ordered from some other place. BIG MISTAKE. It lasted about 10 months, but the button started to malfunction after only a few weeks. I held out (mainly because I liked the name.. huge fan of Tesla) until the ego connector became loose and started to wobble all the time. I retired it, got out my old faithful Bolt and just placed an order for an iTaste VTR in jungle camo, a Cool Fire II and some other odds and ends. I got my husband an eGo kit a while ago and he vapes occasionally, but still smokes most of the time. I am not even tempted anymore! I referred my sister to MadVapes to get some vape supplies and she has stopped smoking and started vaping as well, as have two of my neighbors! I wear my mods in a lanyard everywhere I go and ALMOST everywhere I go (even delivery and repair people who come to my house), someone starts up a conversation about it and usually they pull an eGo out of their pocket and we share stories and supplier links.

Since I started vaping and stopped smoking, I am so much healthier and have so much more time (and money!!) to spend on other things, that do not include standing outside to smoke. I can taste and smell so much better, I can breathe so much better AND my son's allergies have even gotten better, the smoke on my clothes was apparently aggravating his allergies! I am so glad to have had the opportunity to watch MadVapes grow from one store to the chain that you have going now, there has been so much growth in the two years I have been shopping with you guys and I am delighted to see it, for that means that the vaping world is finally coming into its own!

Epik

Jul 17, 2013
Michigan
My first ecig was a blu disposable. It was ok, but from looking around online I knew there were better things out there. I was set on ordering a cig-a-like kit, but instead ordered a Halo Triton kit. It was great and got me hooked on vaping. Now I have a couple more ego type batteries and random tanks, but think I want to try a MVP 2 next, even though my wife makes fun of the way it looks. :laugh:

Schnarph

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Dripping Springs, TX
I bought my first e-cig almost 5 years ago. It was a cigalike, a brand I shouldn't mention as they are an ECF registered supplier. Not knowing any better, I bought the prefilled cartos from the same place. After the first 10-20 refills, they had a sale so I stocked up for the next 6 months. 4 out of 5 cartos were bad after a month. :facepalm: If that wasn't bad enough, the batteries died and replacements were ~$45-$50 each. I gave up on e-cigs for the next 3 years.

About a year ago (1-14-13), I tried again. I bought a simple Ego kit with Kanger T2's. It was a huge improvement over my last experience. About 3-4 months later I bought a Vamo, cartotank, and a Protank as soon as they hit the market. Not long after was rebuilding coils, buying a mechanical, RBA/RDA/RTA... you know the story. When I upgrade or win a contest, I Pay It Forward. I gave a local friend my old Ego ~6 months ago hoping to ween him off the smokes, surprisingly it still worked for a couple of months. I won an Ego twist in a contest and gave him that after the first kit died. He dropped it and it broke, so now he has my old Vamo. He finds the VV/VW confusing, and the size daunting. I've been trying to win him a new Ego kit for months, which is why I enter contests like this.

Thanks for the chance, Crowedude! :)

inanitydefined

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
On a rock floating through space
my first ecig was some green package disposable. It tasted like sweetened moldy gym socks and produced little to no vapor. but it proved to me that this could work for me. I ordered an ego t from velvet vapor, along with a pile of their juice. the second flavor I tried from them has remained my favorite juice, their vanilla almond tobacco

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
My official story,

I first heard of e-cigs a while ago, on the radio, the guy said they were awful, with no "smoke". Just over 2 years ago I went to you tube and saw some amazing videos with all that vape, well needless to say I was sold. Went to the local shop & picked up an eGo-w kit(Yes way over priced) and some Top Vapor Tobacco, Minthol & Cotton Candy. Loved it except for all the problems with the batteries (wouldn't charge, Green/red lights flashing, etc...). Not to mention reading here about batteries exploding. Next got a box mod & loved it, but again the batteries (began leaking, wouldn't charge right, etc..). So within a month built a puck mod(With MV parts), now I have several "AAA" puck style mod boxes. I love them and I owe many thanks to Mad Vapes........where I still buy my parts & Top Vapor Cotton candy juice

Lynzy

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio USA
Hi and thanks for the contest! I started a while ago looking around for electronic cigarettes. The only info I could find online at the time was for the Blu and other cigalikes. While looking around online again last September I somehow found links to ECF and started reading a lot of threads. I met someone from my town here and we went to a local B&M where I tried a LOT of juices and I bought my first kit, a Joyetech Ego 900 mah spinner or twist and it came with a Kanger T3 tank, a charging cable and a 10ml bottle of juice. It was a little over $40 I think. It was a good introduction to the world of vaping and I am very grateful. Thanks again!

levisdaddy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2012
tucson
I quit the day my son was born. As was the plan for many years, i never thought i coulda stuck to it. I had a family member bring me a 100$ cig-a-like from the mall, and bring it to the hospital. i threw my 'bacco away en route to the delivery room.
i vaped that tiny green nicotine thing for 3 days straight. as soon as my lady and baby Levi were released, i bought my first overpriced ego-c kit for over $100 w/juice from a terrible b&m in my town.
that was over 20 months ago!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread