Status
Not open for further replies.

Agorizer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
In the Market
Wow! was it REALLY more than 3 years ago?!?! The trusty 510 PCC (personal charging case)--2 standard (210mah?) 510 cig-alikes and two "standard resistance" 510 bridged atomizers with 5 empty cartridges. I HAD learned enough to go for "high" nic to throw down the RYO Spirit --after about a week. Went through all the foam mod/pyramid tea bag mod foolishness on those tiny cartridges. It DID work, but obviously wasn't enough power/juice/satisfaction. Dripping worked pretty well-especially on my new "low resistance!" atty; but then the batteries couldn't keep up. About 4 weeks in, I got my 1st eGo battery, and discovered THE CARTOMIZER!!!

darksparkle13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
kansas city, mo
I actually started of with the blue ecig, used all the flavored cartridges, it was ok but that was two almost three years ago. the e-cig industry is amazing and getting better everyday now!

I started on an EGO on dec first and am enjoying the exploration of different devices, flavored liquids, and so on!

My first kit was one of the old ones that looks like a cigarette, and you charged the light end, and replaced the cartridge after 600 so puffs thought it was the coolest thing. Then one day 2-3 years ago my friend showed me a "ego" style e cig and it blew my mind had never seen one before where you refill it and for about a year I looked in all the shops for one like his and never could find it until one day finally I found one I got an ego twist with a CE5 clearo back then I had no clue you were supposed to change wicks and coils out every 2ish weeks or really what they were called or how it worked. then when that started tasting bad I gave up for about a year then I found out more info on ecigs and moved to an evod which I am at today its a decent ego style battery with a D-nova clearo I made into an atomizer myself. Its hard for me to get my hands on a mod, due to prices and availability. But i could probably tell you everything there is tobknow about mods and whatnot. No shops around me carry them (thomasville, NC) but I do plan on making a trip to one of your stores probably the Charlotte one. I dont do a ton of online shopping until now. And plan on ordering some mods in the near future been holding it off cause my car payments comes first! Vape on :vapor:

willowize

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2009
Tennessee
Not an entry....

Crowedude654 your post seems to be a lot like the road I've traveled. I so remember the blue foam and after that there were these little yellow silicone flat disk with a cutout for the atty to sit at (shaped like an H or D or O) and that worked great until they wore out. Oh and does anyone remember the Dobit? I'm so glad that someone finally came up with tank systems, I've never liked cartridge filler.

Shortly after I quit with the 901's I had heart problems and had surgery about 5 months after quitting. The Dr. said that he was glad I gave up the cigarettes and that vaping was ok.

I have been working with family and friends (shoot anyone who asks me about ecigs) to quit. I've pif'd many kits and mods. I will continue to do so when I can find the kits at prices I can afford or when I am lucky enough to win one. Right now I'm trying to help one son and his friend quit the stinkies.

I'd just like to thank you for your contest.

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
I started with a branded Ecig-A-Like kit almost three years ago. Be advised this brand was not one of the current quality brands such as SmokeStik, V2, etc. Stopped in my local smoke shop to buy tobacco cigs and there were a couple of brands on the shelf. The store really knew nothing about them except "Cartridges can't be refilled". My how times have changed! What really threw me off was the pre-filled cartridges were erratic on performance. Some last a number of hours. Others were gone after a few puffs. This drove me to search out some way of dealing with the extreme expense. Heading online I discovered fluid for refill and blank cartos. Here is where my second problem came into being. I was using far too low of a nicotine level. It was very unclear at the time what level equals a "real" cigarette. I used 6-8 mg cartos for about three months before finally getting off the tobacco cigs. Now there is so much help and advise! I only wish I had started with a higher nicotine level. I'm sure I would have made the switch in far less than 3 months! By the way I still use the cig-a-likes from time to time. Yes I graduated to the mod chasing crowd but they are still convenient, portable, and fun! Now the cigarette size devices evoke a nostalgia effect with the need to mimic the tobacco cigarette long gone.

Dwill4544

Feb 20, 2014
United States
My first e cig was a silver halo triton 650 mAh. It took my friends months to convince me to try vaping and give up the camel lights. I got the halo and loved it. It was a regulated battery with a 2.5 ml smoked out tank. The first juice I used in it was yellow submarine from J-vapes. I moved to other brands shortly after because of the 808 threading and eventually upgraded to a Itaste svd. Although, I have moved on to better devices that little halo pen style will always hold a special place in my heart lol.

AnnieP65

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
PA, USA
Mine of course, was an ego ce4 kit. I paid an outrageous price(not knowing any better!) from an news & tobacco store locally. With it, I bought 2 9mL bottles of 'USA Tobacco' at 14.99 apiece(again, not knowing any better!). It served its' purpose however-and was soley responsible for getting me off analogs, so I guess I should NOT complain about these purchases!

Ps. I still have the original kit & 1 bottle of unopened juice!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread