Major guy. A good friend of us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theken

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2011
Gilbert, Arizona
Major, I have never spoken with you and don't know you but hope the best for you. You have a lot of people here who appreciate you and from your last post, you are someone's paw-paw and you are obviously loved.

Good morning from Phoenix Arizona (2:27am), your posts have been helpful to a lot of people (me included) so keep posting and I will keep wishing you a good morning :2cool:

orchiolum

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2012
Midwest, US
Hello Major,

This is my first visit to this group, and I don't know you, but wanted to share a bit of my own experience.

When I was 2 years old, my appendix ruptured, spilling infection into my stomach area. The doctors gave me a 5% chance to live and I was in the hospital for 6 months. I am still here.

At age 16, I was a passenger in a car which, but for two seconds of time, would have been t-boned by another vehicle going 65+ miles per hours...I would have been killed instantly. The collision was horrendous, but those 2 seconds saved my life, and I am still here.

For many years I have battled a "terminal" medical condition which, at times, has drained almost every ounce of energy, submerged me beneath layers of depression, and delivered worry, anxiety, and fear. But somehow, despite the length and breadth of the experience, I have somehow managed rise to the surface, even when I thought that another day might be unreachable. Again, I am still here.

Although somewhat cliched, the past truly has passed, the future cannot be known, but today, these moments, are the only moments any of us really do have. So I live moment to moment, day by day. I may face a crappy day, a good day, or even a great day...either way, another day on the beautiful planet is good enough.

And since I'm at the beginning of my vaping journey, you'd better stick around because I'm gonna' have plenty of questions :)

I wish you serenity and strength.

Take care.

Last edited:

Major

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Panama City, Florida
www.ggecig.com
Good Morning!!! Hope it's a great day for all of you! I don't mind saying in the slightest how wonderful it is to see a new day and how wonderful it is to see people you know and friends you have not yet had the pleasure of meeting being so kind.

I mention it often but 27 years seeing the worst of what humanity can do to humanity left me a bit jaded, no matter how one tries to pretend it didn't. It is a truly inspiring thing to see though that there are others that care about their fellow human beings, no matter the situation.

For me personally, the best way I can describe the feelings that help brush away the dirty side of life is like a car that has been driven through the mud and dirt for so long that it has dried and baked on. Or a baking dish if you will after serving up a main course.

Right before the eyes of your mind and heart, it's like turning on a strong rush of cleansing water and you can literally see/feel the layers of baked on mud and dirt breaking apart and sliding away to reveal the shine that has been covered for so long.

Analogies aren't my strong suit so bear with me and I hope you understand what I mean. I also want to wish out friend CaptSteve a great holiday! And sitting on a beach on Greece where our friend Imeo just happens to live... Hmmm... Now THAT is a holiday for sure. I wonder what he is vaping on as we speak... I could guess but we'll let him say! ;)

Have a great and blessed day all!

Major / Steve

Major

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Panama City, Florida
www.ggecig.com
Steve thanks buddy, I'll see Imeo in Greece don't you worry and we'll certainly toast to your good health dear friend. In winter I'm planning a trip to FL so I'll make it a point to swing by Panama City and visit you pal.
Be well my good friend

That is wonderful news my friend! I look forward to it already! :)

CaptSteve

Airborn ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
41,000ft at M 0.85
There you go, the Major and the Capt. Should be a great meeting

It would be nice if we can arrange for you to join in the meet pal. I'll talk to you about that and twist your arm as much as I can. :)

I'm all packed and ready to jump on an airplane (as a passenger for a change) first thing in the morning for Athens, Greece.

Last edited:

yardbyrd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2012
Carrollton, Georgia USA
This is a pm from Major. As you see this guy needs our support. We can make him feel better if we say "good morning" to him every day. We must be as close to him as possible:):)

Good morning Steve. Life is good and we are all next to you buddy!:toast:

Good Morning!:)

I don't know the nature of your health issues but feel as a Cancer survivor (3 major surgeries, 21 weeks of chemo that lasted over 6 months) and a heart attack survivor that I understand.

For what it's worth: When I was in the hospital with Cancer (about 20 yrs ago and still so vivid in my mind) I would lay on my bed, hooked to IV's day, after, day, after day, getting my tail pumped full of poison; just enough to kill the Cancer but not kill me. I had to be hospitalized, for a week at a time, and get Chemo through IV's. The treatments usually took about 8 hours each day. I had PLENTY of time to reflect. I was SO tired and sick and feeling badly about what I was putting my wife and family through. Then it hit me one day. We have a saying in the South: "How do you know when you're beat? When you say so!" I decided I was going to do everything I could, put every energy point, ditch the negative mind set, and fight tooth and nail for life. My assumption was that if I did this that during the last 30 minutes I could be at peace knowing that if I went down I went down swinging and every punch was a blow for life and it's wondrous glories. This seemed to ease me tremendously. It also seemed to make all of my suffering more bearable and meaningful somehow.

I don't know if this experience of mine is of value to you or not but I hope it is. Remember I believe you're not beaten until you say so...don't say so ever!

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
That is a GREAT post orc!!
Hello Major,

This is my first visit to this group, and I don't know you, but wanted to share a bit of my own experience.

When I was 2 years old, my appendix ruptured, spilling infection into my stomach area. The doctors gave me a 5% chance to live and I was in the hospital for 6 months. I am still here.

At age 16, I was a passenger in a car which, but for two seconds of time, would have been t-boned by another vehicle going 65+ miles per hours...I would have been killed instantly. The collision was horrendous, but those 2 seconds saved my life, and I am still here.

For many years I have battled a "terminal" medical condition which, at times, has drained almost every ounce of energy, submerged me beneath layers of depression, and delivered worry, anxiety, and fear. But somehow, despite the length and breadth of the experience, I have somehow managed rise to the surface, even when I thought that another day might be unreachable. Again, I am still here.

Although somewhat cliched, the past truly has passed, the future cannot be known, but today, these moments, are the only moments any of us really do have. So I live moment to moment, day by day. I may face a crappy day, a good day, or even a great day...either way, another day on the beautiful planet is good enough.

And since I'm at the beginning of my vaping journey, you'd better stick around because I'm gonna' have plenty of questions :)

I wish you serenity and strength.

Take care.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
One more GREAT post yard!

we totally agree here
Good Morning!:)

I don't know the nature of your health issues but feel as a Cancer survivor (3 major surgeries, 21 weeks of chemo that lasted over 6 months) and a heart attack survivor that I understand.

For what it's worth: When I was in the hospital with Cancer (about 20 yrs ago and still so vivid in my mind) I would lay on my bed, hooked to IV's day, after, day, after day, getting my tail pumped full of poison; just enough to kill the Cancer but not kill me. I had to be hospitalized, for a week at a time, and get Chemo through IV's. The treatments usually took about 8 hours each day. I had PLENTY of time to reflect. I was SO tired and sick and feeling badly about what I was putting my wife and family through. Then it hit me one day. We have a saying in the South: "How do you know when you're beat? When you say so!" I decided I was going to do everything I could, put every energy point, ditch the negative mind set, and fight tooth and nail for life. My assumption was that if I did this that during the last 30 minutes I could be at peace knowing that if I went down I went down swinging and every punch was a blow for life and it's wondrous glories. This seemed to ease me tremendously. It also seemed to make all of my suffering more bearable and meaningful somehow.

I don't know if this experience of mine is of value to you or not but I hope it is. Remember I believe you're not beaten until you say so...don't say so ever!

yardbyrd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2012
Carrollton, Georgia USA
Thank you CaptSteve! Resolve, yes, courage....I don't know....A couple of more stories (I hope your reading Major!).

When I was first diagnosed with a malignancy the first time after that that I saw my wife she walked into my hospital room. I was in bed still recovering from surgery # 1 (football sized malignant tumor removed).

She said, " How are you doing?"
I said, " How am I doing?! HOW AM I DOING! How the Hell do you think I'm doing about scared out of my wits!"
She said, " That's good."
I said, " That's good?! THAT'S GOOD! How in the Hell is that good?"
She said, "You've admitted your fear and now that it is out in the open we can deal with it."
She was 100% correct.

I had to go through group therapy as a requirement of my Chemo treatments. Each person had to speak re: their illness and experiences. I related to them my "If I go down I'm going down swinging!" Philosophy. After the session an elderly lady came up to me and said...

"You're so brave!"
I said, "I'm not brave, just realistic."
She said, "I've learned something from you and I have a question for you: What happens when you get thrown to the wolves?"
I said, "I'm not sure...."
She replied, with kind glee, "Either you get eaten by the wolves or YOU eat THEM!"

Oh my Lord what a bittersweet, beautiful, and mysterious thing is this life of ours.

Thanks for caring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread