Not open for further replies.

Major

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Panama City, Florida
www.ggecig.com
Good Morning!:)

I don't know the nature of your health issues but feel as a Cancer survivor (3 major surgeries, 21 weeks of chemo that lasted over 6 months) and a heart attack survivor that I understand.

For what it's worth: When I was in the hospital with Cancer (about 20 yrs ago and still so vivid in my mind) I would lay on my bed, hooked to IV's day, after, day, after day, getting my tail pumped full of poison; just enough to kill the Cancer but not kill me. I had to be hospitalized, for a week at a time, and get Chemo through IV's. The treatments usually took about 8 hours each day. I had PLENTY of time to reflect. I was SO tired and sick and feeling badly about what I was putting my wife and family through. Then it hit me one day. We have a saying in the South: "How do you know when you're beat? When you say so!" I decided I was going to do everything I could, put every energy point, ditch the negative mind set, and fight tooth and nail for life. My assumption was that if I did this that during the last 30 minutes I could be at peace knowing that if I went down I went down swinging and every punch was a blow for life and it's wondrous glories. This seemed to ease me tremendously. It also seemed to make all of my suffering more bearable and meaningful somehow.

I don't know if this experience of mine is of value to you or not but I hope it is. Remember I believe you're not beaten until you say so...don't say so ever!

Now that I know I wont be the only one, I'll admit what I said when the doctor is 2006 told me I had cancer. My wife broke down, the doctor was shuffling his feet and looking at the floor and I for no explainable reason said a very un-politically correct thing: "I'll live long enough to <take a leak> on your grave!".

Granted I was under stress and in such times folks say the craziest things just like that but thing is, I meant it, at least as far as the living part. My wife reflexively shouted "Steven!" which is a name she has always reserved for showing she is really angry. The doctor laughed nervously, shook his head and left the room.

I made it a point to apologize later of course and amazingly, we became friends outside the doctor patient relationship. The sad part is I was one of many asked to say a few words at his funeral service 2 years later. No I'm not boasting of my lack of decorum but it is just like Yard said, you're aren't beaten until you allow it to be so.

As so many in worse shape than me can tell you though, I think when the fight gets long and the struggle just to see another day wears on, most any of us are prone to letting out guard down and when you do that, you are beaten - I am just thankful I got a wake up call before I lost too much ground.

Thanks again everyone and to those who also fight to see each day, hang in there. There are more of us than we might realize and now that it's in the open, feel free to jump in. As you can see and others have commented on, there are so so many caring people from all over the world that care and will support you in your time of need.

I hope all have a good weekend! Spend some time with your family or loved ones. I say it not to be a downer but regardless of our health status, we never know when the last weekend or time together will be our or their last. Make it count. :)

Major / Steve

Huffelpuff

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
Philadelphia Burbs
It's amazing to me to see everyone here showing care for each other. While my experiences certainly cannot compare, there are situations in my life that have brought me to my knees and caused me to believe that there was no way out, or up, or around the hand that I was dealt. I felt like I had the starring role in a horror movie for a good period of my life.

While the expression is trite, it is still true. Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger. People who face these types of things and get to the other end of it really have something that others cannot understand. We empathise more, appreciate more, and value each day in a different way than others who have not been there. It also makes you one tough sob ;)

So glad to know you all.

ByeByeCoffinNails

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2012
Kakapo Kountry (New Zealand)
Hi Major,

Good Morning, Good Evening, Good Afternoon (I have no idea what time it is there).

Thank you for allowing people to stand with you in this. I'm not a GG owner (sorry Imeo!), but I do have a heart.

I have battled Depression for decades- it's my permanent life-state now! :laugh: But seriously, the 'talking cures' do not work for me. My daily medication is a treadmill I will be on for life, that and the love of my family is all that holds me together.

I cannot possibly grasp how life and living has been for you as I do not know you. I am legally blind so I cannot drive a car and after a couple of falls, I have pain in way too many places. I sound 80 but I am half that age.

Your struggle of the body and mind makes mine seem so small, even though at times it seems to me living is a huge mountain to climb.

You are an inspiration, may the love of friends and strangers inspire you.

:toast:

yardbyrd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2012
Carrollton, Georgia USA
Now that I know I wont be the only one, I'll admit what I said when the doctor is 2006 told me I had cancer. My wife broke down, the doctor was shuffling his feet and looking at the floor and I for no explainable reason said a very un-politically correct thing: "I'll live long enough to <take a leak> on your grave!".

Granted I was under stress and in such times folks say the craziest things just like that but thing is, I meant it, at least as far as the living part. My wife reflexively shouted "Steven!" which is a name she has always reserved for showing she is really angry. The doctor laughed nervously, shook his head and left the room.

I made it a point to apologize later of course and amazingly, we became friends outside the doctor patient relationship. The sad part is I was one of many asked to say a few words at his funeral service 2 years later. No I'm not boasting of my lack of decorum but it is just like Yard said, you're aren't beaten until you allow it to be so.

As so many in worse shape than me can tell you though, I think when the fight gets long and the struggle just to see another day wears on, most any of us are prone to letting out guard down and when you do that, you are beaten - I am just thankful I got a wake up call before I lost too much ground.

Thanks again everyone and to those who also fight to see each day, hang in there. There are more of us than we might realize and now that it's in the open, feel free to jump in. As you can see and others have commented on, there are so so many caring people from all over the world that care and will support you in your time of need.

I hope all have a good weekend! Spend some time with your family or loved ones. I say it not to be a downer but regardless of our health status, we never know when the last weekend or time together will be our or their last. Make it count. :)

Major / Steve

Good Morning Major!

I'm happy -and also feeling a bit of pathos- to see that we do share some common experiences. It's odd. Distance, time, obstacles, and not knowing each other well are all overcome when people unite, and by the Grace of God, somehow, some way, manage to find beauty out of pain.

When I wake up in the afternoon (lousy schedule :glare:) and am driving to work I can't help but be struck with all the beauty in this world, that surrounds us all each day, and is mostly taken for granted.

It would seem your degree of dignity is high; you appear to have to come to really appreciate life; you have a good strong will to fight. Hang in there. You now know that you are not alone and that there really are a lot of good, empathetic, understanding, (and dare I say it?) loving people in this world.

I often feel like a boxer. I get up go work and it feels like the world is beating me up. So what do I do? When the day is done I limp back to my corner, get that mouse over my right eye drained, forget yesterday -it was a hundred years ago- soak those sore and beaten hands, try to stitch up the cuts, and lay down and rest for a few hours. Then the next day I come out of my corner, head held up, and swinging! After all....tomorrow is a hundred years away!

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
cheers bye bye. We all love you too buddy:):)
Hi Major,

Good Morning, Good Evening, Good Afternoon (I have no idea what time it is there).

Thank you for allowing people to stand with you in this. I'm not a GG owner (sorry Imeo!), but I do have a heart.

I have battled Depression for decades- it's my permanent life-state now! :laugh: But seriously, the 'talking cures' do not work for me. My daily medication is a treadmill I will be on for life, that and the love of my family is all that holds me together.

I cannot possibly grasp how life and living has been for you as I do not know you. I am legally blind so I cannot drive a car and after a couple of falls, I have pain in way too many places. I sound 80 but I am half that age.

Your struggle of the body and mind makes mine seem so small, even though at times it seems to me living is a huge mountain to climb.

You are an inspiration, may the love of friends and strangers inspire you.

:toast:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
be well orc my new friend:)
Thanks imeo...it was a spontaneous sharing, which took me a bit by surprise.

Since I'm relatively new to vaping (2 months), I must admit, and this is somewhat embarrassing, that I don't even know what The GG is, but I'll be looking it up :)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
post like yours and other people's make everyone feel stronger than ever yard! Be well friend:)
Good Morning Major!

I'm happy -and also feeling a bit of pathos- to see that we do share some common experiences. It's odd. Distance, time, obstacles, and not knowing each other well are all overcome when people unite, and by the Grace of God, somehow, some way, manage to find beauty out of pain.

When I wake up in the afternoon (lousy schedule :glare:) and am driving to work I can't help but be struck with all the beauty in this world, that surrounds us all each day, and is mostly taken for granted.

It would seem your degree of dignity is high; you appear to have to come to really appreciate life; you have a good strong will to fight. Hang in there. You now know that you are not alone and that there really are a lot of good, empathetic, understanding, (and dare I say it?) loving people in this world.

I often feel like a boxer. I get up go work and it feels like the world is beating me up. So what do I do? When the day is done I limp back to my corner, get that mouse over my right eye drained, forget yesterday -it was a hundred years ago- soak those sore and beaten hands, try to stitch up the cuts, and lay down and rest for a few hours. Then the next day I come out of my corner, head held up, and swinging! After all....tomorrow is a hundred years away!

yardbyrd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2012
Carrollton, Georgia USA
Goooood Morning Major! That is a MAJOR good morning to you! :)

A little whimsical poetry today in celebration: :toast:

Resume

“Razors pain you; rivers are damp;
acids stain you; and drugs cause cramp.
Guns aren't lawful; nooses give;
gas smells awful; you might as well live.”
-Dorothy Parker
:rolleyes:

On the Vanity Of Earthly Greatness

The tusks that clashed in mighty brawls
Of mastodons, are billiard balls.

The sword of Charlemagne the Just
Is ferric oxide, known as rust.

The grizzly bear whose potent hug
Was feared by all, is now a rug.

Great Caesar’s bust is on my shelf,
And I don’t feel so well myself.

- Arthur Guiterman
:laugh:

I hope you enjoy these as much as I do. They always seem to tickle me for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread