Happy Dale Sanatorium
00.jpg

Allazar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
Austin
Trouble Ticket Framed at my old place of work... (U.S. Navy Base)

Please remember that the person placing this ticket was a college graduate from one of the most prestigious schools in our country... the Naval Academy in Annapolis!

Pilot's Problem description: The IFF does not work in the OFF position.
Our response: Please remember that all electrical/electronic devices only function after being turned ON and having power applied to them! :facepalm:

P.S. IFF stands for the device that is the identification friend or foe transmitter that prevents "friendly fire".

P.P.S. Friendly fire ISN'T! :D

Last edited:

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
somehow i'm not surprised....at least the person gave you enough info to "trouble shoot" :facepalm:

(when i'm teaching graduate students about some of the equipment they have to learn to use, the first two trouble shooting questions that we try to teach them to ask are "is is plugged in?" and "is it turned on? " )

Allazar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
Austin
somehow i'm not surprised....at least the person gave you enough info to "trouble shoot" :facepalm:

(when i'm teaching graduate students about some of the equipment they have to learn to use, the first two trouble shooting questions that we try to teach them to ask are "is is plugged in?" and "is it turned on? " )

I am no longer surprised by this either, although I certainly was at the time over 10 years ago! Here is what happened where I teach (evenings and Saturdays) at ITT 2 weeks ago...

Instructor (Me) after grading the final exams for the course and addressing the class: You should be happy to know that everyone that is here today has passed the class and will not be retaking this course with me next quarter!
Student (who will remain anonymous): What about me? Did I pass? :facepalm:

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
did you fail the student on the spot? :facepalm: :laugh:

that reminds me of a coworker who told me about the 50 question, 100 point test that he gave in a freshman psychology class...one of the students asked how many points each question was worth (stay in psychology sweetie, don't go for a math major).

But the one that really blew me away was when i was standing outside of a university building (smoking of course in those days) and overheard two girls trying to list all of the vowels.....

spazatabc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2011
Randleman, NC
Actually that would be 1 hr and 53 minutes

Running on 60 mph track with our train.

Dispatcher:

"How long will it take you to get to Buda?"

Me:

"Thats 113 miles away"

Dispatcher:

" I need to know how long it will take you to arrive there."

Me:

"one hour and thirteen minutes"

Dispatcher:

"You came up with that fast"

Blakd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
Dallas TX
If you want to laugh I have a good one for you. I was at my uncles house quite a few years ago. We had turned part of his garage into a play room for my nephews. Well that day we decided to remove two walls from the water closet and open the room up a little more. Mind you no one else is around and we are not to sober. this wall was about 4 inches deep and 6 inches wide. He punches the wall and nothing happened. He kicks the wall and nothing happened. Here it is the famos last words (Watch this). I lean back and as hard as I can I slam my head in to the wall. A few minutes later I realize my uncle is standing in front of me trying to get me to snap out of the haze I was in. I did break the wall out of place and knocked my self out at the same time. The wall was 3 2x4s nailed together but neither of us thought about that. We broke out the tools and finished the rest of the job. I still laugh about the stupid stuff we did.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Quote Originally Posted by Dandafixr View Post
so my freind an i and his girlfreind were checking out his new iphone app that you point at the sky and it tells you what the stars are and get this, his GF casually asks us while we are looking up at the sky at stars "wheres the earth?"

Dandafixer.....you were a winner last week...I don't think I have heard from you yet? Skydragon was also last weeks winner.

Having a bit of trouble with this weeks......some funny stuff...but not exactly what I asked for.....but since this is a contest about stupidity ....I guess thats fine. hahahahahaha I'm going to let this go through the weekend cuz I know some folks just don't have time for irrellivant silly antics during the work week. Cheers!

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
This happened when I was in my mid-twenties or so...

Anyone who has pets has fleas, there's no way around it... and I am extremely allergic to flea bites. I can even feel exactly where the little buggers are feasting on me. And since you can't smash them or drown them, I have perfected the art of picking them off between my thumbnail and forefinger... and then crushing them between my 2 thumbnails. I get to see how much of my blood they got (ha!!) while I watch the welt grow in that spot... so it serves them right!!!

A friend of mine back then was telling me about how ammonia is supposed to drown/kill them, so he keeps a jar of it handy just for that purpose when he catches them. I never tried it myself, but I took his word for it.

One time I was over at his place with a few of our friends and someone noticed the little jar of clear liquid, with some tiny black specs floating around in it, and asked him what it was. So he proceeded to explain his whole flea killing theory to everyone in the room... while one girl just sat there staring at the jar with a puzzled look on her face.

Finally she spoke up and said, "There's just one thing I don't understand... how do you get them to jump in there in the first place???" :facepalm:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread