• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Malaysia to regulate Vaping (means its officially legalized!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nonokumurah.k

Account closed on request
Dec 22, 2015
My guess is... juice makers will have to submit their recipes and samples to a qualified lab or registered pharmacist to get it to be approved for production ie the same way companies get professional or authorised engineers to endorse building designs etc....
Alot can be earned thru there.....

Again... This is pure speculation.....

nonokumurah.k

Dec 22, 2015
That last line..

Will there be a civil war? Violent insurrection?
786f0fbe62b72e12a9a9adc5c855b473.jpg

CloudMasons

Unregistered Supplier
Dec 28, 2015
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

CloudMasons

Unregistered Supplier
Dec 28, 2015
  • Deleted by Misty

CloudMasons

Unregistered Supplier
Dec 28, 2015
  • Deleted by Misty

RichardA

Oct 31, 2015
Its clearly a bias towards cigarette manufacturers to continue with their business as usual, while the attack goes on with vape. It is duplicated in so many countries, that I personally believe, the health authorities locally, are just following blindly by what other countries are doing, without doing their own assessment. And to add, tobacco companies are putting on the pressure as well, threatening to reduce or withdraw support to organizations or departments for cancer, lung disease etc.

If they took the time to really make an in depth study into vaping, they will realize that they were up in arms over something no where as close to what they imagined it to be.

Reactions: nonokumurah.k

CloudMasons

Unregistered Supplier
Dec 28, 2015
  • Deleted by Misty

nonokumurah.k

Dec 22, 2015
will not only cost a bomb to do so (which will deter SMEs), it will be monopolised by the big pharma/tobacco companies.

This is a balance that needs to be struck. Of course, this is going to be another different story.

Whose to say, it could all be a set up to allow a channel for big tobacco to officially get into the e-cig market to try and recuperate losses from traditional cigarette sales, while seemingly allowing independents to operate, IF they have the money....

As pointed out before somewhere in this forum, there IS a loophole in the new sg regulations that seem to be pointing to that direction... But that's been discussed before... =p

Reactions: KentA

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
I heard there is a product coming out by one of the big tobacco manufactures, that will use a heating element instead of flames, but will still be using tobacco. Don't quote me, but its already made. Cost about RM 500 +/- Its a size of a mod

Vaporizers and atomizers that can handle loose leaf tobacco have been around for some time now. It's not a new thing at all.

macis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2015
I heard there is a product coming out by one of the big tobacco manufactures, that will use a heating element instead of flames, but will still be using tobacco. Don't quote me, but its already made. Cost about RM 500 +/- Its a size of a mod
i saw one on youtube, the Phillip Morrish IQOS.

Reactions: RichardA

Odon

Dec 7, 2015
Govt to regulate vaping and campaign against it.

Woo hoo! Hor Say liao! So when will S'pore follow suit?

As for their 'Campaign against it', will depends on how much their gov officials pockets are lined - if not stuffed sufficiently, they'll say 'Vaping is dangerous, formaldehyde la..etc'.

But if 'donated' enough, straight away will recommend it as a 'much safer alternative, can save millions of lives etc.'

Regardless, still good news for us as both countries are so inter-connected.
Hopefully regulate is not just soft route to banning, but this is the best news on vaping ive heard ever since i started a few months ago.

Does anyone have a view on what will happen with regulation in Johor given that the Sultan has nailed vaping there? His decision on the subject would reign supreme would it not?

CloudMasons

Unregistered Supplier
Dec 28, 2015
  • Deleted by Misty

exodus79

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2012
Longyearbyen
Not sure if this is outdated but as far as my best friend could show me...

"The Sultan may dislike the Bill but under the amended provision of the Constitution, the ruler may be bypassed by the state assembly." The Federal Constitution, which was amended in 1994, stated that a Bill will become law after 30 days even though there was no royal assent. A similar clause was also inserted in all state constitutions. "

Not knowing much abt judical powers and stuff.. if i interpret the above correctly.. if the state/federal govt passes a bill the Sultan has to suck thumb...

Odon

Dec 7, 2015
Hi, just wanted to ask. What do you mean by Johor potentially back in action? Has the ruler reversed his decission?

The message i responded to with this comment has been removed - the message was along the lines that the Sultan would have to accept the federal decision. The new response from Exodus79 seems to confirm this as well.

Odon

Dec 7, 2015
In my excitement I skipped over the posting date of the original message and didnt look at the date of the article referenced - both were 30th Oct. A Google news search reveals similar articles dated as late as the 22nd December.

However, this means the SOJ decision and Johor raids happened after the decision to regulate was made by Cabinet back in Oct.

Perhaps the regulation bill hasn't kicked in yet, or maybe the whole thing has been overturned? If it has already kicked in or will kick then there is some serious politics going on in Malaysia!

Is there anyone else clued up on this subject that can shed some additional light?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread