zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Nineteen pages.

Nineteen.

Yeah... That is about Eighteen More than Usual.

But the Important Thing is the OP got everything Figured Out. And yes... It did take a little (who am I Kidding? A LOT) more effort, and things did need to be Repeated a Bunch of Times, but in the End, getting it All Figured Out is All that Matters.

:)

Oh... Wait... The OP Didn't get it Figured Out. In fact, we are Still about at Square One.

o_O

fifamymaingame

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2017
Colorado
Um I haven't wrapped anything other than the one time with the kanthal I wrapped 3 coils 6 wrap 24g ka1 tested both in bypass at 4.2 3.5

Didn't enjoy the vape took everything out cleaned the rabbit boxed it bought ni80 haven't touched that or the rabbit

Will tommorow and try that build

Why nicotine well I'm not addicted to it but there are no negative health effects it's like caffeine

You guys are fun

Let's aim for thread of 2018
One man's journey to becoming a coil builder who learns everything there is to vaping so one-day I may help someone else who wants to become a mech user!

Peace and love ecig forum family
I love and thank you all brothers and sisters

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Eh,Iike any substance nicotine will be more addictive for some people than others. I'm not discounting the presence of other substances in cigarette smoke, but I'm not sure I'd classify it as equivalent to caffeine either. There is no doubt it's easier to go longer periods of time without vaping then smoking before punching holes in drywall, but I'm not going to deny nicotine means a lot to controlling my ability to avoid smoking.

Fifa, I hope the day does arrive when you're confident in your coil building skills and possess solid knowledge of safe mech use. In the meantime there's is nothing wrong with kicking back with your Reload on a regulated mod and just chilling out with that.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Rude, crude and socially unacceptable on ECF

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
im-just-here-for-the-entertainment.jpg

Seriously, fifa, I'm surprised that you're still here. But sincerely glad you chose to stick around to ask more questions and learn. Some folks take longer to learn than others.

fifamymaingame

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2017
Colorado
So I did 7 wrap 3id ni80 dualcoil gotta say feels the same as the kanthal 24g I did

Not warm as id want not enough flavor tbh none compared to my reload rta

I'm going to say the dead rabbit could be the issue

Can't find my 2id to do the wrap suggested
Using vape tool the build was suppose to be. 376 in dual mode it came out to .4 each coil was .8 so either I added a wrap or something

Good thing tho I used to the squonk for the first time

I may try a premade fused in single coil on the Dr
Thanks again guys

Still looking for a better build to give me the flavor I'm all yours to do what you guys suggest next

Thank you ecf family guiding me through this chapter of vaping

Love all of you

Reactions: stols001

sgobots

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2014
Berlin, Maryland
So I did 7 wrap 3id ni80 dualcoil gotta say feels the same as the kanthal 24g I did

Not warm as id want not enough flavor tbh none compared to my reload rta

I'm going to say the dead rabbit could be the issue

Can't find my 2id to do the wrap suggested
Using vape tool the build was suppose to be. 376 in dual mode it came out to .4 each coil was .8 so either I added a wrap or something

Good thing tho I used to the squonk for the first time

I may try a premade fused in single coil on the Dr
Thanks again guys

Still looking for a better build to give me the flavor I'm all yours to do what you guys suggest next

Thank you ecf family guiding me through this chapter of vaping

Love all of you

Check out Matt from Suck My Mod’s video on the Dead Rabbit. He’s a trusted reviewer.

There’s also the possibility that low ohm builds aren’t for you if flavor is what you’re into. I’ve changed the way I vape over the past few years, and I’m pretty much back to where I started from......about 1.0 ohm on a kayfun at 15.5 watts. Yeah, I’ve been down the road of pushing my builds too low and trying to blow huge clouds, but the reason I started vaping in the first place was to quit smoking.

Guess what? Flavor is amazing, and I don’t ever worry about blowing my face off with a hard shorted battery (I’ve seen an 18650 go into thermal runaway, and it’s terrifying).

fifamymaingame

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2017
Colorado
Yeah I only ever vaped fused claptons around .2 builds

I don't know but I never felt good flavor from the rabbit on my regulated even with fused Claptons I use in my reload I've watched every video about the rabbit i know how to place the coils on this dude on YouTube some up north fellow said to file the air flow and even had a follow up with coil placement because he was struggling with flavor with it

From what I gathered people love the flavor from this or not

I'm going go suspect these high builds the .3 and .4s I've built just don't have the heatflux or produced flavor I'm used to I felt with my ammit 25 even .45 Claptons at 55 65 watts was flavorless

I know people say I have to get used to mechs because they hit different

Just not sure if there is a way to get the vape i want from a mech

So far 24g k1 6 wraps and 28g ni80 7 wrap builds aren't working for me to cold and literally no hint of flavor feels like just plain go

My only though is to try a single coil rda as I can run a fused Clapton that I'm used to and not have to keep fiddling with builds on the rabbit i don't think I can get what I want off a mech with the rabbit

Last edited:

fifamymaingame

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2017
Colorado
Actually only 2 have been mentioned both tried and wasn't my cup of tea

Haven't decided on which single coil rda to grab

But really yes I know ohms law and this turned into a whole ordeal I didn't want

I figured there would be some recommended Clapton premades I could buy and drop into the rabbit and squonk

Which there defiantly is even in dual coil mode but I said why not

All these dudes posting joke memes and white flags are why people get turned away from building

To me it's offensive and makes me feel bulled because I'm not picking up or overflooder with multiple people telling me all different stuff

You know what coils I like what watts i use
Has to be to replicate that with round wire
Why lecture me tell me I'm going to blow my self up

As long as I knew my amps and restiance I'm know what's safe

Still don't get how heatflux works steam engine does not ever work for me the values never change even when using coil calc literally the websites broken

Just be understanding and stop the funny stuff this isn't high school I feel like a freshman being picked on by cliques

Last edited:
  • Optimistic

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
Yeah I only ever vaped fused claptons around .2 builds

I don't know but I never felt good flavor from the rabbit on my regulated even with fused Claptons I use in my reload I've watched every video about the rabbit i know how to place the coils on this dude on YouTube some up north fellow said to file the air flow and even had a follow up with coil placement because he was struggling with flavor with it

From what I gathered people love the flavor from this or not

I'm going go suspect these high builds the .3 and .4s I've built just don't have the heatflux or produced flavor I'm used to I felt with my ammit 25 even .45 Claptons at 55 65 watts was flavorless

I know people say I have to get used to mechs because they hit different

Just not sure if there is a way to get the vape i want from a mech

So far 24g k1 6 wraps and 28g ni80 7 wrap builds aren't working for me to cold and literally no hint of flavor feels like just plain go

My only though is to try a single coil rda as I can run a fused Clapton that I'm used to and not have to keep fiddling with builds on the rabbit i don't think I can get what I want off a mech with the rabbit

Since smoking cessation isn't a thing for you, and you're not enjoying vaping, maybe you should consider quitting all together.

fifamymaingame

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2017
Colorado
Since smoking cessation isn't a thing for you, and you're not enjoying vaping, maybe you should consider quitting all together.

More misconception I love vaping with my reload thing has turned out to be well worth the investment

Just wanted to try this squonking and mech trend every ones on i see people who don't know ohms law or there batterys or even do there own builds using mechs just fine

It's just this finding what will work for me finding the build to the battery I suppose

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Actually only 2 have been mentioned both tried and wasn't my cup of tea

Haven't decided on which single coil rda to grab

But really yes I know ohms law and this turned into a whole ordeal I didn't want

I figured there would be some recommended Clapton premades I could buy and drop into the rabbit and squonk

Which there defiantly is even in dual coil mode but I said why not

All these dudes posting joke memes and white flags are why people get turned away from building

To me it's offensive and makes me feel bulled because I'm not picking up or overflooder with multiple people telling me all different stuff

You know what coils I like what watts i use
Has to be to replicate that with round wire
Why lecture me tell me I'm going to blow my self up

As long as I knew my amps and restiance I'm know what's safe

Still don't get how heatflux works steam engine does not ever work for me the values never change even when using coil calc literally the websites broken

Just be understanding and stop the funny stuff this isn't high school I feel like a freshman being picked on by cliques
Dude, you sound like a little baby banging on his high chair. "is there any other builds for me to try, or not?" "I know ohms law, but I just need to know what build to try. " "I feel bullied!"
Boo frickin Hoo.
20 pages of help and suggestions offered. Only you didn't hear what you wanted to hear. You say you're old enough to vape, yet you can't seem to take enough initiative to figure it out for yourself.
Maybe when you get your allowance, you can buy some wire and cotton so you can EXPERIMENT. That's how All of us found what works for US. You'll have to start by getting yourself into a situation where a roll of wire and a bag of cotton won't break your piggy bank.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
@fifamymaingame I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to come off condescending, and I didn't realize that you don't have your single coil RDA yet. I do think trying some of the simpler builds is a worthwhile exercise, for learning your tastes and whatnot, but it does sound like you prefer more exotic builds more suited to a regulated mod.

Maybe you should keep vaping what you like until you get your RDA for your mech? I mean if it's satisfying you? Certainly, your mech won't be going anywhere, but you did seem to agree that a single coil RTA might be better for your mech needs. Whatever dual coil builds that you like, it sounds like you've already found what you like on your regulated. Trying different dual coil builds more suited to mechs when you are going single coil (you said) just seems like an exercise in frustration to me. I didn't wave any white flag at you. While I have said some things you may disagree with, they are my honest thoughts, and not meant to be denigrating. They are more safety oriented.

I understand that you really want to try building your mech, so maybe deciding which single coil RDA you like would be your best focus right now.

Anna

Reactions: puffon

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
When I first started building it seemed crazy hard to get the flavor I wanted. I had to just try different things until I found MY happy place. Sometimes its not just the build, sometimes its dependent upon placement of the coil itself, a one or two mm difference in placement can often make a huge difference in flavor. Sometimes its the wicking your using.. for some reason some builds take better to some wicking than others.

Its just a matter of playing around. Get in that kitchen (or wherever you build coils, I do it at my kitchen table) and start building. Buy many types of wire.. Try different placements of the coil, try different RDA's, and lastly try different build, at different ohms levels. Sometimes just the smallest differences make a huge difference to your pallet.

In the end, its a learning process. Its not something you will get overnight, and hands on is the absolute best way to learn. If you have all your coil building materials and tools, as well as a solid ohms reader, all you need now is trial and error. Watch some Youtube videos and try try try again.

Most people (or at least me.. lol) don't get this in a day on build one.. it takes time and practice. In the long run, your supposed to have fun with it. If its not fun then put it down for a while and go back to it in a bit when your not frustrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread