Mechs ohm laws wire choice is over whelming

Status
Not open for further replies.

fifamymaingame

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2017
Colorado
@fifamymaingame I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to come off condescending, and I didn't realize that you don't have your single coil rda yet. I do think trying some of the simpler builds is a worthwhile exercise, for learning your tastes and whatnot, but it does sound like you prefer more exotic builds more suited to a regulated mod.

Maybe you should keep vaping what you like until you get your rda for your mech? I mean if it's satisfying you? Certainly, your mech won't be going anywhere, but you did seem to agree that a single coil RTA might be better for your mech needs. Whatever dual coil builds that you like, it sounds like you've already found what you like on your regulated. Trying different dual coil builds more suited to mechs when you are going single coil (you said) just seems like an exercise in frustration to me. I didn't wave any white flag at you. While I have said some things you may disagree with, they are my honest thoughts, and not meant to be denigrating. They are more safety oriented.

I understand that you really want to try building your mech, so maybe deciding which single coil RDA you like would be your best focus right now.

Anna
Don't worry about you girl I dig all the love you leave

Reactions: stols001

fifamymaingame

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2017
Colorado
Dude, you sound like a little baby banging on his high chair. "is there any other builds for me to try, or not?" "I know ohms law, but I just need to know what build to try. " "I feel bullied!"
Boo frickin Hoo.
20 pages of help and suggestions offered. Only you didn't hear what you wanted to hear. You say you're old enough to vape, yet you can't seem to take enough initiative to figure it out for yourself.
Maybe when you get your allowance, you can buy some wire and cotton so you can EXPERIMENT. That's how All of us found what works for US. You'll have to start by getting yourself into a situation where a roll of wire and a bag of cotton won't break your piggy bank.
People like you make me sick won't read don't reply to my thread your the worst

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Actually only 2 have been mentioned both tried and wasn't my cup of tea

Haven't decided on which single coil rda to grab

But really yes I know ohms law and this turned into a whole ordeal I didn't want

I figured there would be some recommended Clapton premades I could buy and drop into the rabbit and squonk

Which there defiantly is even in dual coil mode but I said why not

All these dudes posting joke memes and white flags are why people get turned away from building

To me it's offensive and makes me feel bulled because I'm not picking up or overflooder with multiple people telling me all different stuff

You know what coils I like what watts i use
Has to be to replicate that with round wire
Why lecture me tell me I'm going to blow my self up

As long as I knew my amps and restiance I'm know what's safe

Still don't get how heatflux works steam engine does not ever work for me the values never change even when using coil calc literally the websites broken

Just be understanding and stop the funny stuff this isn't high school I feel like a freshman being picked on by cliques

At What Point does someone Realize that the Train they are on might not get them to the Destination they Want to Arrive at?

You seem to Want Something that perhaps a Mech Just Can't Give You.

I mean seriously, have you Ever Considered why only a Small Percentage of People who vape use Mech Mods? And that the Vast Majority of Vapers use Regulated Mods?

fifamymaingame

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2017
Colorado
When I first started building it seemed crazy hard to get the flavor I wanted. I had to just try different things until I found MY happy place. Sometimes its not just the build, sometimes its dependent upon placement of the coil itself, a one or two mm difference in placement can often make a huge difference in flavor. Sometimes its the wicking your using.. for some reason some builds take better to some wicking than others.

Its just a matter of playing around. Get in that kitchen (or wherever you build coils, I do it at my kitchen table) and start building. Buy many types of wire.. Try different placements of the coil, try different RDA's, and lastly try different build, at different ohms levels. Sometimes just the smallest differences make a huge difference to your pallet.

In the end, its a learning process. Its not something you will get overnight, and hands on is the absolute best way to learn. If you have all your coil building materials and tools, as well as a solid ohms reader, all you need now is trial and error. Watch some Youtube videos and try try try again.

Most people (or at least me.. lol) don't get this in a day on build one.. it takes time and practice. In the long run, your supposed to have fun with it. If its not fun then put it down for a while and go back to it in a bit when your not frustrated.

Yeah I wrapped 8 of the last build they all came to .4 in dual and .8 on singles on the head just sucks I don't dig the vape

Gone over thread 7 times from page1 and haven't seen as many builds as they save they have only 2 build suggested

And still none given ;) just jibber jabbers who would never say what they say to a real human

Thanks for the encouragement dude

fifamymaingame

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2017
Colorado
At What Point does someone Realize that the Train they are on might not get them to the Destination they Want to Arrive at?

You seem to Want Something that perhaps a Mech Just Can't Give You.

I mean seriously, have you Ever Considered why only a Small Percentage of People who vape use Mech Mods? And that the Vast Majority of Vapers use Regulated Mods?

Mechs got unlimited power tho so it's matter finding thecoil that can give it to me I'm guessing. 2s are up my alley

I know the pulse22 with 20g ni80 wasn't bad

Built down at a shop asking questions going over make sure I was clear on some stuff

Last edited:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Yeah I wrapped 8 of the last build they all came to .4 in dual and .8 on singles on the head just sucks I don't dig the vape

Gone over thread 7 times from page1 and haven't seen as many builds as they save they have only 2 build suggested

And still none given ;) just jibber jabbers who would never say what they say to a real human

Thanks for the encouragement dude

I have no suggestions for you... no. I am not taking to time to figure out what you might like or dislike... its up to you to take that kind of time to try and figure out what you like or dislike. This is for YOU.

I am not a 'dude' I am a woman. A fellow vaper.

I was trying to be encouraging. It is trial and error. No one can help you with that. No one sat with me when I was first building telling me what to do, I don't even think I got even one suggestion. I watched a build video for what I was building on and tried to copy it first, then I branched out from there.

I read and listened to what people were saying, I learned slowly over time. I paid attention to threads, I followed them without comment. I took the time for me, for my own benefit. No one can do that for you. Damn sure I never asked anyone to.

If you were standing in front of me right now I would say the exact same thing to you as I am right now. I don't speak in any way I wouldn't speak to your face.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Mechs got unlimited power tho so it's matter finding thecoil that can give it to me I'm guessing. 2s are up my alley

Built down at a shop asking questions going over make sure I was clear on some stuff

You meant to say that "Mechs got limited power"

Right?

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas

Just stop,
Mechanicals have limited power, quite limited if you understand the word safe.
Resistance isn't as important as you are convinced it is for finding a vape you love, and the most important thing when it comes to safety.
You can wrap a 1.0Ω coil that will heat instantly & create more heat than any soft tissue in your mouth / throat can stand in a matter of a few seconds, same coil can also give a cool wet vape using the same exact RBA, mech and battery. Or you could use 2 1.0Ω coils /.5Ω & get the above, either way.

Bottom line is,
No one can tell you what you will like, everything about vaping is a matter of personal preferences.
What one or hundreds love you might think is so so or even hate.

You'll have to experiment with various gauge wire, various coil positions, various coil types, various wicking methods & materials, various wire types, various resistances and various delivery devices.
Just because an anonymous online review says x delivery device has the best flavor ever, doesn't mean you'll like it or the review is even legit.
Just me, I'd give a dead rabbit about a 3.5 out of 10 on the flavor scale, the next guy might give it a 9 out of 10.
Neither are right or wrong, it is differing opinions / personal preferences.

Have fun, experimenting with all the variables is how we all find our 'perfect' vape.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX

2 builds suggested but 0 tried. I gave you a starting point we could work from EIGHT days ago. Have you built it? No. You have shown zero willingness to let me help you work your way through this. I tried to help but when someone asks for advice then refuses to follow it, there is not much else I can do.

and-for-that-reason-im-out.jpg

Oh and only the Emperor has
ed1d530c3894f49cfcf43b01a30c08c74f4131a579862139f689edaa671d4bd2.jpg

fifamymaingame

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2017
Colorado
2 builds suggested but 0 tried. I gave you a starting point we could work from EIGHT days ago. Have you built it? No. You have shown zero willingness to let me help you work your way through this. I tried to help but when someone asks for advice then refuses to follow it, there is not much else I can do.

and-for-that-reason-im-out.jpg

Oh and only the Emperor has
ed1d530c3894f49cfcf43b01a30c08c74f4131a579862139f689edaa671d4bd2.jpg

Lost my 2id coil jig some where did build the other you told me g money

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Lost my 2id coil jig some where did build the other you told me g money

I am just going to leave you with this. You want a warmer vape. You have point blank been told repeatedly that more wire takes more energy to heat than less wire. So, do you think 2 coils or 1 coil will heat up more with the same energy? So what do you think would be the best way to get a warmer vape?

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon

...I kid, of course. What they're hinting at is that you seem to want to get warm, powerful vape, from big fancy coils (Claptons, et cetera), on a single-cell mech mod, and that just ain't gonna happen. It's kind of a "pick two" kind of deal, you don't get to have all three of those at the same time. You can't solve it with a "magic build."

Fancy coils on a single cell will be a cool vape, and a slow one at that, there just really ain't no two ways about it. There's just so much metal that has to be heated up, and the energy available with which to do so is limited. No one here is going to recommend you counteract that by building to a stupid-low resistance just to squeeze some extra watts out of your single cell.

A warm vape on fancy coils is going to require dual batteries, and for the love of Bog don't try to build low resistance on a series mech. Their voltage is doubled, which means you put 8.4 in the safety calculations instead of 4.2, which brings the "safe minimum ohms" up to twice their usual value.

A warm vape on one battery requires less coil mass (i.e. smaller, simple coils). Smaller coils won't be as "cloudy" as the big boys, just because of less surface contact area to vaporize the liquid, but they do get much hotter, much faster, with less energy.

What exactly is it you are trying to achieve? What have you done so far? What would you like to change? These are questions for you to ask yourself. Hopefully they will help steer you in the right direction.

Last edited:

SCOTT-3

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london u.k
I myself think whats making it so difficult for @fifamymaingame is using crap coils, So why not try for fast ramp-up and warmth with 2x ni80 28g make sure the wrap is ni80 .38 or .40 then wind for 0.3 to 0.6, Im sure theres coil builder here to oblige, Or You know what they say if at first you don't succeed (give-up) :D

sgobots

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2014
Berlin, Maryland
Can you post a pic of a build that you put in that dead rabbit you’re trying to use? You might just have too big a chamber, not enough power, and too much airflow to give you a warm, flavorful hit. You could definitely get clouds, but not the flavor and warmth you’re looking for.....ever on a Mech. Probably on a dual or triple regulated mod though. You can throw more power at it to heat the coils you originally wanted put on it.

Either way, I think the rabbit is too big for what you are looking for. You need less airflow, or a smaller atty for more warmth and flavor.

• Informative

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014

Check out Matt from Suck My Mod’s video on the Dead Rabbit. He’s a trusted reviewer.

There’s also the possibility that low ohm builds aren’t for you if flavor is what you’re into. I’ve changed the way I vape over the past few years, and I’m pretty much back to where I started from......about 1.0 ohm on a kayfun at 15.5 watts. Yeah, I’ve been down the road of pushing my builds too low and trying to blow huge clouds, but the reason I started vaping in the first place was to quit smoking.

Guess what? Flavor is amazing, and I don’t ever worry about blowing my face off with a hard shorted battery (I’ve seen an 18650 go into thermal runaway, and it’s terrifying).

Those giant wide bore tips kill flavor unless power goes up correspondingly. Try the 510 adapter and the tightest drip tip you have or buy one and you might have a chance to get flavor at reasonable power. Most important single item IMO. And does that thing even have a single coil option? I hope you're not saying put Kayfun coils in that thing. It certainly wasn't a video arguing against Claptons, that's what he used... unless you take it to show it's a package deal, trendy atty with trendy giant hole needs trendy coils. I skimmed it but I don't think he wasted any time talking about whether it would work on a mech though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread