Merlin by Augvape and Roxy

Status
Not open for further replies.

dshuld

Jan 7, 2016
After replacing the notch coil with this:
View attachment 567547
I know I will not go back to that crazy coil unless they can come out with a higher resistance version of different material (and maybe won't build up so much). The above braided coil comes in at .51 ohm and vapes like a dream (3*30 Ka1, braided, ID=3.5, 5/4 wraps). Current wicking is cut to about mid juice intake hole, slightly into the troughs but covering the top completely. Flavor is very strong. Did I mention how much I love this tank!
Fits really well on the sigelei 75w "Oni" edition:
View attachment 567551
Nice to see I'm not the only one using it on the sig 75 lol. Mine had become a shelf queen since I stopped using my stm. Here's my go to work with me mods lol.
2e28e0f2528e03878158023705f02504.jpg

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Nice to see I'm not the only one using it on the sig 75 lol. Mine had become a shelf queen since I stopped using my stm. Here's my go to work with me mods lol.
2e28e0f2528e03878158023705f02504.jpg

:) It's a great little device when the battry is sitting just right and the resistance of mah coils are a 1/2 ohm or higher. For the longest time (before I owned one) I thought the Sigelei demon face blowing vapor (on the Oni edition faceplates) was a bird in the cloudso_O
Nice setups you got there. I love that DT on the Boreas

@dshuld What in the world is that copper looking base in between the releaux and the Boreas?

Last edited:

dshuld

Jan 7, 2016
:) It's a great little device when the battry is sitting just right and the resistance of mah coils are a 1/2 ohm or higher. For the longest time (before I owned one) I thought the Sigelei demon face blowing vapor (on the Oni edition) was a bird in the cloudso_O
Nice setups you got there. I love that DT on the Boreas

What in the world is that copper looking base in between?
Much agreed, the merlin sig has been a nice combo for me. The coil in mine is .83 and I think next build I'm gonna build lower. The dt is a mink machines I picked up at a local shop for $19. So saved most of the shipping cost doing it that way at least lol.

Jim-

GCS E (1) + V (1) + M (1) = 3
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Los Angeles County, Ca. USA
How do you hide all that vapor? :?:

MTL. I'm running it at 8.5 watts on a 1.6 ohm kanthal coil. No billowing bro-clouds here just pure flavor[emoji106]

Sent with my communicator by Tapatalk[emoji92]

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
@MMW Heard you are a SS user so thought I would put this one to you if you use it in TC mode. I just can't remember anyone using this with TC. I use TC primarily and with SS and Ti. So maybe you can answer this.Well I tried 2 different SS316L builds on TC it was sort of meh but in power it was good. Nice part of SS can use it in either mode if you have a good TC mod. That's what makes me think that it just wasn't made for TC. My STM's are the best I have found in TC and is all I use till now. Maybe I have me a couple of tanks for Power Mode. I haven't used that in at least a year but if this thing will taste as good in power as the STM in TC I just might keep them. I don't have anything against power if it tastes right just haven't found that before. Most just don't have the flavor in power. I might have to keep both of them. Deb don't get your frying pan out. I promised them to her but may have to renig if they are that good.

Last edited:

dshuld

Jan 7, 2016
Well I tried 2 different SS316L builds on TC it was sort of meh but in power it was good. Nice part of SS can use it in either mode if you have a good TC mod. That's what makes me think that it just wasn't made for TC. My STM's are the best I have found in TC and is all I use till now. Maybe I have me a couple of tanks for Power Mode. I haven't used that in at least a year but if this thing will taste as good in power as the STM in TC I just might keep them. I don't have anything against power if it tastes right just haven't found that before. Most just don't have the flavor in power. I might have to keep both of them. Deb don't get your frying pan out. I promised them to her but may have to renig if they are that good.
@MMW maybe able to help with it. He uses ss almost exclusively I think but not sure how much tc he does.

Reactions: MMW

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
@MMW Heard you are a SS user so thought I would put this one to you if you use it in TC mode. I just can't remember anyone using this with TC. I use TC primarily and with SS and Ti. So maybe you can answer this.Well I tried 2 different SS316L builds on TC it was sort of meh but in power it was good. Nice part of SS can use it in either mode if you have a good TC mod. That's what makes me think that it just wasn't made for TC. My STM's are the best I have found in TC and is all I use till now. Maybe I have me a couple of tanks for Power Mode. I haven't used that in at least a year but if this thing will taste as good in power as the STM in TC I just might keep them. I don't have anything against power if it tastes right just haven't found that before. Most just don't have the flavor in power. I might have to keep both of them. Deb don't get your frying pan out. I promised them to her but may have to renig if they are that good.

So far the only coil I've tried in the Merlin, is the SS Wismec Notch coil. No problems running in TC mode, working well. I expect this tank to work as well or better when I get around to a titanium coil, with its better TCR.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
Hey @2legsshrt I'd suggest giving SS430 a try. Yes, you'll need to use TCR mode and put 0.00138 in for the value.
SS430 has much higher TCR value, so it responds better/more when heated than other SS.
I've used it exclusively in all my tanks with all my TC capable mods. Since I know you have great mods that support manual TCR, I can't see any reason to try to get other SS alloys working.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Yep. I've used ss in the merlin in tc on my IPV5 tcr .00088. Works great. Ss is all I use nowadays. Mostly power mode, ie mechs and non YIHI mods.
Cool I'll give it another try do you use with or without air restriction. I see you got your TCR from SE The reviewers say that the TCR is 00092 for SS316L Thats what I am using and seems to work good. I've got 5 of them going.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Hey @2legsshrt I'd suggest giving SS430 a try. Yes, you'll need to use TCR mode and put 0.00138 in for the value.
SS430 has much higher TCR value, so it responds better/more when heated than other SS.
I've used it exclusively in all my tanks with all my TC capable mods. Since I know you have great mods that support manual TCR, I can't see any reason to try to get other SS alloys working.
Well I don't have any 430 but I have Ti really good best I've used from Temco really high TCR and the Ti01 setting on the SX's is right on. That's what I've been using for about a year..I just started giving this 316L a try for the last month or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread