Status
Not open for further replies.

Stacy1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Brunswick,GA,USA
I've tried nic from a few different vendors and can really tell the difference between VT nic and others, especially after a juice has steeped a while. I'm a VT fan since the first time I tried it. I haven't tried nic from MFS though and at 40.00 a litre, it's got me curious. Has anyone tried MFS and VT and can give a comparison?

DaniB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2009
New York
I have used both. I agree that Vapers Tek is great. It is usually my first choice. For the price though MFS is more than acceptable. I have no complaints with MFS nic. Honestly don't know if I could tell the difference if I made two batches of the same juice, one with VT and one with MFS. Maybe my tastebuds are not that picky. I might be able to tell if I was vaping unflavored - maybe I should try that.

fogging_katrider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 31, 2013
Tennessee USA
I have used both. I agree that Vapers Tek is great. It is usually my first choice. For the price though MFS is more than acceptable. I have no complaints with MFS nic. Honestly don't know if I could tell the difference if I made two batches of the same juice, one with VT and one with MFS. Maybe my tastebuds are not that picky. I might be able to tell if I was vaping unflavored - maybe I should try that.

Please do that comparison asap. Your MFS nic is the sale stuff right ?
I currently have the VT nic and it is as good as everybody was saying, very clean taste not even a hint of unpleasant rubbery peppery taste. Havent had any MFS nic in a long time but I'm still wondering about the super cheap blow out nic pricing at mfs.

DaniB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2009
New York
Just did a taste test of unflavored VT vs. MFS (50VG/50PG). Keep in mind that everyone's taste buds are different (more/less sensitive). The VT is definitely cleaner. But I only say that because the MFS had just a "slight" taste. Definitely not the unpleasant rubbery peppery taste reported by fogging_katrider, but not quite as clean as VT. Once again, maybe my taste buds are not as sensitive as others, but I have had some nic that was just not usable because of the peppery taste and I wouldn't classify the MFS nic that I have as unusable.

Stacy1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Brunswick,GA,USA
Thanks for the responses. I wanted to take advantage of that kind of price break but I just know if I do, I'll end up like Willie with a large amount of nic that I dont look forward to using lol. VT has me spoiled. Ive not used any nic that I didnt like fresh mixed, but after a few month steep VT is the only one that still taste the same as fresh made. Worth the extra money

fogging_katrider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 31, 2013
Tennessee USA
Just did a taste test of unflavored VT vs. MFS (50VG/50PG). Keep in mind that everyone's taste buds are different (more/less sensitive). The VT is definitely cleaner. But I only say that because the MFS had just a "slight" taste. Definitely not the unpleasant rubbery peppery taste reported by fogging_katrider, but not quite as clean as VT. Once again, maybe my taste buds are not as sensitive as others, but I have had some nic that was just not usable because of the peppery taste and I wouldn't classify the MFS nic that I have as unusable.

Thank you for doing that comparison. I must take exception to the way you worded that though...
Definitely not the unpleasant rubbery peppery taste reported by fogging_katrider

"reported by fogging-katrider" ??? What the ?

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
It really depends on what mix you are going to make -- at least it does for me. For tobaccos or darker flavors MFS nic would suit me just fine. For flavors that need to pop and or sing, I would definitely go with VT. Now, that is not to say that VT nic won't work with darker flavors/tobacco flavors, and if there was one of those two nics that could handle a multi-role, it would be VT. I have about 2 liters of MFS 100 mg/mL and I bought more VT nic tonight. I clearly don't need more nic, but for me being out of VT nic is almost like being without nic. I have no idea what I am going to do with all of my MFS nic since my flavor mixing is just not matching up with what I think it's better suited for, and even my unflavored vaping has moved to VT nic. I can't ever say it's a bad idea to get nic at a good price, but hell, you may as well go with this: 1 Liter U.K. Throat-Hit Nic (100 mg USP/EP) - Vapers Tek. I haven't had it, but apparently it's just like regular VT nic with a little bite. MFS may even need to go lower to compete.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
When I was testing nic to find my favorite, the lack of TH in VaporsTek nic was a deal breaker for me. I suppose if you hate TH than this brand may work for you. :2c:

MFS is much better for what I was looking for in nic. Just my experience and YMMV. Try them all and draw your OWN conclusion like I did. :)

For sure, JD. MFS nic has TH in spades. But, to me, TH can be manipulated more easily from the hardware than a not-so-perfect-nic-to-mix-with can be manipulated by recipes. It's weird becasue I was thinking it was my VG but I've made the exact same recipes with MFS nic and VT nic and the difference is kinda unmistakable. But, I ain't so much knocking MFS nic as much as I am voting for VT.

Last edited:

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
My problem with MFS was getting grape to taste like a grape. I added so much flavoring that it tasted like Dupont ! Then after a month, the flavor fades. :D MFS is good with tobacco's. I prefer fruit flavors now. There's nothing like my lungs tasting a sweet ripe mango. :)

It's how the nicotine is processed. I'll take the nic that was distilled after the initial extraction. Rather than the typical Nicorette, patch stuff any day. :)

Give this a try as well. I love it ! VPG - - Inawera Shop, The Best E-Liquids, Flavours, Bases And Many More!

Last edited:

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
When I was testing nic to find my favorite, the lack of TH in VaporsTek nic was a deal breaker for me. I suppose if you hate TH than this brand may work for you. :2c:

MFS is much better for what I was looking for in nic. Just my experience and YMMV. Try them all and draw your OWN conclusion like I did. :)

Try VT's "throat hit" nic! Its half the price of the regular nic! Im only on week two of doing my own DIY, and have only tried VT's nic, but Ive got plenty of throat hit here, and I even dropped my nic level down all the way from the 18mg I used to buy from vendors to 10mg already with my own juice.. Any store bought juice Ive tried below 16mg was WEAK and had no punch, this stuff is kicking all kinds of ...... Still got throat hit, and now more flavor cause its not overloaded with nic anymore too!

Thats rad the black friday sale is going until Xmas eve now.. Ive barely touched the 100mg Ive gotten so far (and already made about 90ml of juice) but might as well grab another to throw in the freezer at this price!!

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I have never had a peppery taste with MFS nor any of the many ppl I make juice for.

Do you often vape it as a standalone? Ever? Is that the only nic you've used? I only ask becasue if 1) you don't vape it by itself you might not notice it and 2) if you've only used that nic (or similar nics) you may see the taste we are referring to as nothing more than normal. Just guessing though.

1vapeatatime

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2012
Nevada
I've been getting all my nicotine from E Cig Express for a while. I've never really given much thought to my VG, PG, or nic until now, after reading threads like this.
So I drip some of my flavorless nic 50/50 base to see what everyone is talking about and I get it now.
there is a certain taste.....very mild, mind you but it is certainly there....kinda like an old closet full of leather shoes and stuff, but very faint.
I think I like it.
Although I'm curious to see what other nics taste like, I have some very good ADVs made with this nicotine and I think I'll stick with it. Only that now I'll take into consideration this mild flavor when making new juices.
This thread was a valuable lesson for me because I had never seriously looked into this before.
When the time comes I'll check into MFS's and VT's nicotine as well.
Thanks guys for this thread

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
I vape NET exclusively (make my own), preferring flavored NET most of the time and use 12-15mg at 0.7 ohms. I've enough 100mg nic from RTS, Wizard lab, Heartland and MFS stored at -10F to last the rest of my natural life (Yep, that old), but decided to try VT's nic anyway. Didn't really care for the VT nic too mild, no bite. Cleanest nic I've ever used, might be great for fruit of bakery style juice as delicate flavor nuances could shine through unobstructed by the normal "pepper" attribute associated with most nic on the market. Since I don't like fruit and dessert type juice I'll stick to using the nic I have. Just bought another liter (that I didn't need), for $40, couldn't pass it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread