Not open for further replies.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Seems there are a bunch of us on here so if you are a micro coiling madman who also is a formula 1 fan, this is the thread for you. We'll be discussing out favorite micro builds and our passion for the real driving sport.

I'ma start by stating that I pull for ALO, MAS and RAI.

I'm not a Vettel fan but the kid can pilot. I would love to see him Fernano and Kimi in a 3 v 3 with each others cars. A shoot out of two 12 lap races on equal tires in each others rides then one in their own. My guess is RAI would win all but in his own ride and vet would lose all but in his own ride.

I am not into NASCAR in any way. If your into that, I think there's a thread somewhere I'm not aware of :). So take it over there :)

Lets hear it micro coiling / F1 freaks :)

5emu2aba.jpg

Last edited:

player one

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2013
cali
I'll just quote what I had on the other thread.

Nice to see microcoiler F1 fans here. I root for Alonso, Kimi and Jenson for the most part. Although I'm starting to like Hamilton now as he's more mature and humble than when he started. As far as Vettel goes, he's good but he also has the best car out there thanks to Adrian Newey.

Thanks for starting this thread!

Last edited:

KwhyLE

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
CA
:D :D :D

My UK brother has to be an F1 fan then. So am I - big time. They're are as hard to find as vapers are here. I'm the only fan I know :)

Alonzo, Massa and Raikkonen (in that order) are the dudes I pull for.

Who's your drivers - let me guess :) button and ham?

Well now you know another, including my baby girl. This is our favorite time on weekends, she started by me and then when she realized what was on the TV she wheeled herself right up to it, lol. However we are a Vettel family, blame it on me living in Germany for a time, but after him it's, Hamilton then Raikkonen then the other 2 you like, and don't forget about Grosjean.

View attachment 241780

View attachment 241781

I cheer for Iceman, Hammy then Alonso but never Vettle. F1 Vapers for lyfe!

you have to give Vettel his dues, he has not even hit his prime yet, he is only like 23! Just imagine another 5+ years, and how much better he will be.

I know. I'm not doubting his abilities and tenacity. I'm only 23 right now, and I wish I was making as much dough as Seb is. I'd rather root against him. I fear it will be another Chin situation like when people were making shirts that said "anyone but Schumacher."

I'm 30 and don't care to have his money just want to drive his car for a living, I would do it for a modest 80 grand a year, lol. I think he will end up with a better record than Schumacher ever had, and it will suck but it will probably end up the same way, with greatness comes hate, it pretty much happens now, only thing is Hamilton and a few others will have there days when the car is actually dialed in and they are competitive with him, but the difference is that his car can be all over the place and he still does good, which to me is the difference between him and everyone else. On a non Vettel's note though, the Force India team is starting to build some momentum lately

Sutil was a God-send to that team! Okay, I'll stop now. Micro coil thread turning into F1 thread in T minus....

Nice to see microcoiler F1 fans here. I root for Alonso, Kimi and Jenson for the most part. Although I'm starting to like Hamilton now as he's more mature and humble than when he started. As far as Vettel goes, he's good but he also has the best car out there thanks to Adrian Newey.

Nice to hear supe and you other guys

I am a long serving F1 fan.

Drivers - Hamilton by far the best for me, when his head is in the rite place. check out an early you tube video of him "LEWIS HAMILTON - Karting (wins from the back)"
followed by the iceman.

Tracks I have been to watch the F1
Belgium - Spa x 4
Spain - Catylunya x 1
UK - Silverstone x 4
France - Monaco x 1 (this year)

and planning to do the US in 2014

I agree it is nice to see some 'Muricans, who enjoy F1 as much as I do, but back to the topic of discussion. Here is a pic of what is on my REO right now, it is some 27 gauge, 8 wraps and it also demonstrates the whole un-even legs theory, it fires up all the way across the coil from the middle not "leaning" or only toward the pos post.

View attachment 241803 View attachment 241804

lucky! I want to go to Spa & COTA. Austin just sucks to get to. Brother-in-law's boss went there to race his Ferrari and he said it the road to the track itself is a nightmare

Quite jealous of that roster you have posted, MONACO!! really!? That one alone would be great, went to the German Grand Prix in 2009

The Monaco Grand Prix is number 1 on my bucket list....will probably never happen though, just to dam expensive.

Very jealous I am.....

Monaco is a fantastic for the glamour but spa is a proper race track. Dripping with F1 history

New thread started for us micro / F1 homeboys :)

Just to reiterate where this all started from.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
RIGHT, lets talk about who is going to take Seat #2 at RBR. (havnet been reading up on it)

Kimi shouldn't take it. Alonso shouldn't take it. Romain on the other hand...

RAI >> Ferari when MAS leaves ;)(again)
GRO >> RBR
leaves Lotus in the dust.

RBR - I'm guessing that they won't offer it to GRO. I'm thinking that RAI takes it cause he could care less about what Vettel has to say and he don't care about team orders any more. He's in it to win it at all costs.

Either that or they bring up one of the STR dudes. It will be interesting to see to say the least. :)

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Jeremy, that's awesome bro with your little girl. It's funny but my daughter is the most interested too :) those pix are classic bro :)

She's also the only one in the house that sat thru every game of the Stanley cup playoffs with me. Even OT.

Aside from NHL playoffs, I have no time for live sports. I DVR F1 practice, qualifying and race and savor every minute of it, usually late night.

I also DVR and fanatically watch whatever motocross and supercross I can get.

I'm glad to see that there are other vapers with similar sporting interests :)

KwhyLE

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
CA
I'm such a black sheep when it comes to my friends and sports.

I dont have an NFL team, I dont watch football(euro/MLS), I follow my Dodgers/Lakers/Kings (can you tell I'm an LA junkie?), and I watch/follow F1 and sometimes ALMS. Also, slightly keep up with tennis.

With F1, I record everything I can get. If I have the time I would stream P1-P3, but that isnt usually the case. Watch Qualis & GP Sunday morning with a cup of coffee with or without whiskey :D

I really dont think Kimi will leave Lotus. He is doing great things there. I know he dosen't care about being in the limelight, but he still wont take orders like the multi21 situation.

Jeremy Evans

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2013
Columbus, Georgia, United States
Woo hooo found it.

I think Kimi would do well with Webbers seat too, he deserves to be on a solid team and it definitely would suit him with RBR and there 1 team 2 approach method they use. Hopefully the RBR gremlins stay away next race. Grosjean is a great up and coming driver but he needs someone with him who will also "show" him the way, so as good as RBR would be for him, it would be better for him in the long run if does leave to make sure it's with another seasoned driver/team who will also help develop him some more.

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
I honestly think RBR will promote from the sister team, that way they'll have more control of their number 2 driver. Kimi would not settle for being number 2 in any team. He gives Lotus a hard enough time over the radio at the moment, can you imagine the bleeps needed for team orders over the radio if he went to RBR :laugh:

I'm a massive Hamilton fan obviously, coming from the UK, plus I like his choice in Women (or should that be ex girlfriend). Vettel will probably take the title this year, unless they have some major mech problems. But I do hope Lewis or Kimi push it right to the wire.

The best part for me in F1, is watching the very start of the race from the "in-car" view. That's the good thing about the Sky TV package I've got, multiple views and multiple audio. Really glad there's some fellow F1 lunatics on ECF :thumbs: But can I still participate if I haven't done a micro-coil yet, I promise to do one in the near future.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
All of us here so far seem to like Kimi. Sometimes I like his words more than his driving.

That is classic. I remember that interview where he and Vettel both were reminded about language. I think Vettel said he was trying not to F up if I remember correctly.

Good compilation bro :)

UKPaul

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2013
UK
I honestly think RBR will promote from the sister team, that way they'll have more control of their number 2 driver. Kimi would not settle for being number 2 in any team. He gives Lotus a hard enough time over the radio at the moment, can you imagine the bleeps needed for team orders over the radio if he went to RBR :laugh:

I'm a massive Hamilton fan obviously, coming from the UK, plus I like his choice in Women (or should that be ex girlfriend). Vettel will probably take the title this year, unless they have some major mech problems. But I do hope Lewis or Kimi push it right to the wire.

The best part for me in F1, is watching the very start of the race from the "in-car" view. That's the good thing about the Sky TV package I've got, multiple views and multiple audio. Really glad there's some fellow F1 lunatics on ECF :thumbs: But can I still participate if I haven't done a micro-coil yet, I promise to do one in the near future.

Only if it is in the very near future trouble, as in, before the next race or sooner. :)

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
image_zpsad19250b.jpg

image_zps7af83d4f.jpg

My view at Monaco this year. Just where Maldanado hit the wall.

That is awesome Paul. Damn. That is close to the action. I have never seen or heard an F1 car in real life so it would blow my mind to see one.

Monaco is my favorite track on my Xbox games. It's amazing how identical the tracks are in life. That area where you are sitting is one of my favorite segments :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread