Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboy192

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2014
Cardiff, uk
cargocollective.com
Ok so Lewis won the championship, but was he your driver of the year?
Mine was ricciardo, with a car that just wasn't up to the job he spent his season pulling some truly stunning overtakes on world champions, he didn't seem to be intimidated by anyone (especially his 4x world champion team mate who he out performed in the same car) and he brought home some results that the car just shouldn't have managed (and didn't in sebs case) that lad is a world champ in the making and if he had been in a car as good as the mercs I think this season could have been very different

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Ok so Lewis won the championship, but was he your driver of the year?
Mine was ricciardo, with a car that just wasn't up to the job he spent his season pulling some truly stunning overtakes on world champions, he didn't seem to be intimidated by anyone (especially his 4x world champion team mate who he out performed in the same car) and he brought home some results that the car just shouldn't have managed (and didn't in sebs case) that lad is a world champ in the making and if he had been in a car as good as the mercs I think this season could have been very different

I think it's safe to say that you could have put kobiyashi in a Mercedes and he would have been a contender :)

Withdrewandi

Verified Member
Aug 5, 2014
Newcastle
I loved F1 this year mainly cos I am a Hamilton fan ( being a Brit ) but with the regulations the way they are, next season is going to be pretty much a re-run of this year ! Only possibility for change in reality is that Honda make a merc busting engine which I doubt... I don't blame merc for blocking any changes to the regs why would they give up the advantage they worked 4 years and millions of pounds to get, plus they say even with the block on major engine changes they have already 60+ more horsepower found for next year lol

Just to keep up with the thread name currently running a 0.6 ohm parallel micro coil (2mm diam) on a nemesis / magma combo so much flavour

750k2

Oct 6, 2014
Well I'm new at this stuff but am running 18650 mechanicals with .6-.7 ohms 2mm inside bore cotton in kayfuns and aga's seems to be enough for me.
Still learning.
Now to the good part - I am Tifosi all the way but am really bummed by the loss of Alonso. Will have a hard time cheering Vettel.
As far as engine's they should be able to build what they want and develop it. This is F1 if you ant to run a spec series go do nascab.
Even when the Mercedes had ERS issues they still could keep up even with the minus 1-200 HP.
So next year will be the same unless Honda gives Alonso and hopefully Button a hell of an engine.
And take off the fuel restrictions which will let the revs sore.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Well I'm new at this stuff but am running 18650 mechanicals with .6-.7 ohms 2mm inside bore cotton in kayfuns and aga's seems to be enough for me.
Still learning.
Now to the good part - I am Tifosi all the way but am really bummed by the loss of Alonso. Will have a hard time cheering Vettel.
As far as engine's they should be able to build what they want and develop it. This is F1 if you ant to run a spec series go do nascab.
Even when the Mercedes had ERS issues they still could keep up even with the minus 1-200 HP.
So next year will be the same unless Honda gives Alonso and hopefully Button a hell of an engine.
And take off the fuel restrictions which will let the revs sore.

On point bro. I too miss ALO but I am excited by the arrival of my pervious hated driver :)

UKPaul

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2013
UK
Champion of the future for me are Riciardo and Bottas if they can get there selves or keep theirselves in championship potential cars at the rite time.

I think Lewis is gonna bag a few more championships though, hopefully overtaking Sebs 4. :)

I am a big Lewis fan but for me he is currently the best driver on the grid.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Champion of the future for me are Riciardo and Bottas if they can get there selves or keep theirselves in championship potential cars at the rite time.

I think Lewis is gonna bag a few more championships though, hopefully overtaking Sebs 4. :)

I am a big Lewis fan but for me he is currently the best driver on the grid.

I'm hoping Kimi grabs one more and then Vettel dominates for about 6 years :)

Happy new year. There's only like 74 days left till Australia :)

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
I'm hoping Kimi grabs one more and then Vettel dominates for about 6 years :)

Happy new year. There's only like 74 days left till Australia :)

It's gonna be Hamilton for the next 5 years mate :laugh:

I'm counting down the days til the 2015 season starts again. Happy new year mate :)

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Likewise my brother ^. I wouldn't mind HAMmy winning a few races here and there and definitely would rather see him win than ROS but I'd prefer a lil more competition for wins and poles this year. Can't freaking wait to see it go down and I look forward to hearing a honda back on track :)

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
Likewise my brother ^. I wouldn't mind HAMmy winning a few races here and there and definitely would rather see him win than ROS but I'd prefer a lil more competition for wins and poles this year. Can't freaking wait to see it go down and I look forward to hearing a honda back on track :)

I honestly think 2015 will be dominated by the Mercs again. But it would be good if there's a bit more of a mix up on the grid too. It's great to see top drivers battling their way through the field :)

I'm glad Jenson has kept his seat at McLaren too. Alonso and Button together, with a Honda engine, should see them higher up in the rankings for 2015 - I bet they'll be battling Ferrari and Williams hard.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
I honestly think 2015 will be dominated by the Mercs again. But it would be good if there's a bit more of a mix up on the grid too. It's great to see top drivers battling their way through the field :)

I'm glad Jenson has kept his seat at McLaren too. Alonso and Button together, with a Honda engine, should see them higher up in the rankings for 2015 - I bet they'll be battling Ferrari and Williams hard.

I agree that you are on point with every word you typed. I too feel good about the Button decision.

One thing that hasn't had much discussion here is Schumacher and Bianchi - I'm guessing not much has changed for them - does the home of F1 offer any better outlook for them?

e30ernest

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
Philippines
The last news about Schumacher is that he is neither able to move nor speak. Some stories say that tears roll down his cheeks whenever he hears his wife or kids around him, so he is awake, and possible able to discern those around him.

Bianchi on the other hand is still unconscious.

2015 will be Mercs all the way again I think. I'll watch out for Rosberg again this year, perhaps his loss to Hamilton will wake him up.

On the McLaren side, I hope Button beats Fernando. That's unlikely though, but I'd like to see Button prove to Ron Dennis that keeping him was a good choice.

Ferrari will continue to struggle I think. There is something fundamentally wrong with their team right now, and there seems to be very little development on their car over the year. Given that next year's cars will be an evolution of this year's cars, it's likely the fastest teams at the end of the year will carry over some of that performance to this year. Ferrari is pretty far back, both in chassis and engine development.

Red Bull had a pretty good car that was let down by a poor engine. That said, the Renault is probably better than the Ferrari, so Red Bull will still be in the top 3, maybe with Williams.

I can't wait for the winter tests to begin next month!

Cowboy192

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2014
Cardiff, uk
cargocollective.com
I think it's going to be another close call between Hamilton and rosberg, Rosberg is gonna be hungry but Hamilton has the confidence of a second title despite having some rather bad luck/reliability so he knows even if it's going wrong he can still pull it back,

I'd love to see button whoop alonso and I think to start with he might but as alonso gets more used to the car he is going to get more out of it,

Teams wise Mercedes are going to be hard to beat but I'd love to see Williams improve, they had the speed and with more aero and handling work I think they could give merc a good run for their money,

mclaren are going to be an unknown to start with but Honda are the kings of reliable engines (pretty sure I read somewhere that they have never ever had a vtec engine fail during its expected lifetime) and they are pretty good at extracting a lot of power from their engines, red bull may also kick it up a gear if their engines are up to the job,

but I get the feeling Ferrari are going to be the first (or second) of the also ran's.

Ps has anyone been paying attention to the rumour about Volkswagen maybe entering f1? They have apparently expressed an interest but it's unsure what name they would race under, I know they don't want to use vw, Audi or seat as they are happy with them in their respective places but wouldn't it be nice to see Bugatti or Lamborghini race against Ferrari?

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
I'm stoked :). Yeah, there seems to be some weirdness surrounding ALO not racing next week - all sorts of speculation like maybe he has some medical issue that caused his crash? No one really knows and I wish him the best. I can't wait to see him piloting a McLaren Honda, but I hope it's right behind Kimi and Seb and I hope the Mercedes AMG divas are beaten badly this year :)

e30ernest

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
Philippines
It might really be just a case of avoiding the possibility of a second concussion so close to the first.

The crash photos did seem weird. It looked like he hit the wall at the inside of a corner.

Anyone ready to make predictions? I think it'll still be a Mercedes year, but Red Bull will be closer. The third team place will be fought over by McLaren, Ferrari and Williams.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
It might really be just a case of avoiding the possibility of a second concussion so close to the first.

The crash photos did seem weird. It looked like he hit the wall at the inside of a corner.

Anyone ready to make predictions? I think it'll still be a Mercedes year, but Red Bull will be closer. The third team place will be fought over by McLaren, Ferrari and Williams.

I'll make my predictions after I watch the first race :)

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
I'll make my predictions after I watch the first race :)

I'm with you on this one mate, I'll reserve judgement until Saturday.

My gut tells me the Mercs will be dominant though. Not really seen much of the pre-season testing this year, been too busy with work. But no more overtime for me now the season is about to start :laugh:

UKPaul

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2013
UK
Hi Gents,

I hope you are all well.

My gut feeling, like most of us I think, is that the Mercs will strong from the start.

Also that Lewis will be at his best and the gap between him and Rosberg will widen.

I hope some of the other teams will have cars strong enough for their drivers to compete with the Mercs.

Ideally all, or at least some of the other world champions on grid having strong enough cars would make for a fantastic season.

So excited now, roll on FP1. :):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread