classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Capt and I could see them because we saw them before they got removed from where they
were hosted. (ghosts) (cookies...blah, blah, blah...)
He put them in imgur now and I have replaced them again...can you see them now ?

atroph

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Chesapeake, VA
Capt and I could see them because we saw them before they got removed from where they
were hosted. (ghosts) (cookies...blah, blah, blah...)
He put them in imgur now and I have replaced them again...can you see them now ?
Yes, looks good on mobile (Tapatalk).

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Is it just me or is anyone else missing the go to "First Unread" label in some threads? There must be a condition that has to be met to see that. I've clicked Watch Thread thinking that would put it on my list for the go to first unread prompt.

I see it in some threads and not others. This one, for instance, doesn't show the First Unread label, so I have to sort through and figure out where the new posts start.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Is it just me or is anyone else missing the go to "First Unread" label in some threads? There must be a condition that has to be met to see that. I've clicked Watch Thread thinking that would put it on my list for the go to first unread prompt.

I see it in some threads and not others. This one, for instance, doesn't show the First Unread label, so I have to sort through and figure out where the new posts start.
You mean at the top of the thread? I never use that method. I use my watched threads page - https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/watched/threads

Then there is a dot to the left that takes you to the first unread post in a thread that I am used to clicking from other forums but I think with this forum software you can just click the thread title itself and get taken to the first unread post.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
You mean at the top of the thread? I never use that method. I use my watched threads page - https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/watched/threads

Then there is a dot to the left that takes you to the first unread post in a thread that I am used to clicking from other forums but I think with this forum software you can just click the thread title itself and get taken to the first unread post.

Nope, no DOT to click and when I click watched threads and pick this one it doesn't take me to last read. I just did it again. I landed for the third time on post #1. It's a watched thread for me, but no memory of last read.

ETA: If I go to the DIY forum and then click last poster "x minutes ago" on the thread title line it takes me to last read. I've never had to do that.

Last edited:

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan
Previously when I got alerts I just had to hover over the number and I would get a drop down of only new alerts to see them and choose which one I wanted to go to. Now I have to hover over my name and click on alerts in order to see them on a huge list of all past alerts. I have to remember the number of new alerts and count back that many to know which ones are new. Not a huge inconvenience, but still not right.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Nope, no DOT to click and when I click watched threads and pick this one it doesn't take me to last read. I just did it again. I landed for the third time on post #1. It's a watched thread for me, but no memory of last read.

ETA: If I go to the DIY forum and then click last poster "x minutes ago" on the thread title line it takes me to last read. I've never had to do that.

I too have noticed a LOT of little changes and quirks lately. I just assumed it was me being "old"
A lot of hiccups and little oddities that come and go so I was just thinking it was me or my laptop.

Kinda glad others are seeing it too, makes me feel a bit more sane o_O

Previously when I got alerts I just had to hover over the number and I would get a drop down of only new alerts to see them and choose which one I wanted to go to. Now I have to hover over my name and click on alerts in order to see them on a huge list of all past alerts. I have to remember the number of new alerts and count back that many to know which ones are new. Not a huge inconvenience, but still not right.

Oliver mentioned in the thread Below that He is Testing/Trying a few New things lately. I'd say that some of the Glitches are a result of this.

Board glitch?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I still get the first unread button, but if I start reading a thread, it won't keep track of where I was unless I post something, it will from that point. You should try it now, I'm thinking, and see if it brings you back to where you were.... Some of those crazy long threads, it just won't keep track of where you stopped reading.... At least, I think that's how it works? Who knows. But, I've had that happen....

Anna

Reactions: Kenna

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I still get the first unread button, but if I start reading a thread, it won't keep track of where I was unless I post something, it will from that point. You should try it now, I'm thinking, and see if it brings you back to where you were.... Some of those crazy long threads, it just won't keep track of where you stopped reading.... At least, I think that's how it works? Who knows. But, I've had that happen....

Anna

I used to post here and there in the old days just to create a place holder after reading page after page to get caught up in a thread. That was years ago.

Now that I know the workaround I can deal with it. I've always wondered why the "first unread" click prompt was on some threads and not others.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I did my first mixing by weight yesterday afternoon! 15 bottles and it was so easy! I definitely need a more accurate scale (my very accurate scales don't go very high in weight, I discovered) but I just did the flavors and the nic on that, and guesstimated (sort of) the VG, to as accurate as I could get.

The info in here was invaluable though, and it was so much easier/faster.

I also fixed three of my flavors that weren't really working. I decided to go ahead and vape those, to see how my choices were going. I am not disappointed. Thanks to all who contributed to this thread, there will be no going back to syringes, that is for sure. I mean-- it's like, a production line, honestly-- do all the flavors, then all the nic, then all the VG, hardly any rinsing in between, etc. My flavors are steeping and I am trying my BEST to be patient, I'm kinda excited about some of them. Two drops of sweetener in a mix makes a HUGE difference to ME, and I have a feeling it won't cause coil gunking the way commercial juices do.

I love DIY and this just makes it better!

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread