The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Mixing By Weight: Basics 101

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by Capt.shay, May 13, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ShowerHead

ShowerHead Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 23, 2014
    Massachusetts
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Capt.shay

Capt.shay Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 10, 2013
    W. Ma. U.S.A.
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    The weigh of the weigh is the (only) weigh to go.... :) Seriously, it makes mixing so much easier, I was quite surprised.... It's getting to be about time to get another 15 or so bottles steeping. I have permanent sharpies for my labels this time, and numbering them on the bottle end is also in my plans. So much faster and easier, it's fun!

Anna

• Like Like x 6
  4. sonicdsl

sonicdsl Admin
    Reviewers Mgr
    Asst Classifieds Mgr
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 11, 2011
    Thank you @Capt.shay! Just mixed 3 new bottles (was going to do 1 LOL) - so nice and easy now. I used to almost dread it at times and procrastinate quite a bit previously. :)

• Like Like x 3
  5. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Fidola13

Fidola13 Prepper Verified Member

Supporting member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    I’m not finding Liquix at the App Store. Is this the correct name? Thanks!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Capt.shay

May 10, 2013
    W. Ma. U.S.A.
    Hello Fidola and welcome! This is an android app. and if you didn't find it I would imagine that you are using Apple? I can't help you with an apple app. sorry. Perhaps others here could suggest an apple app. I'm sure a bunch of them will pop up if you search e-juice calculator.

Again, welcome and feel free to ask any questions here that you may have.

• Like Like x 1
  8. NandyDC

NandyDC Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 25, 2009
    San Juan, PR
    Apple user here and no luck finding a good app for iPhone. I remember reading news that Apple removed any apps related to ecigs and eliquids from the store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. stols001

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Yup, that sounds about right for apple these days. You could try using steam-engine. org, their app for juice isn't stellar as far as having an app where you can save recipes and whatnot (I don't think) and it's pretty bare bones basic, but it does the job. Since it's a web-based service, it's unlikely apple is going to block that.

Anna

• Like Like x 1
  10. MikeADore

MikeADore Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 26, 2016
    Tennessee
    (Deleted because I realized the info was wrong)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fozzy71

Fozzy71 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    ELR (the site I can't spell and may even get an infraction for spelling out) is a decent web based recipe calculator. They have arguably the biggest database of DIY ejuice flavors on the web.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  12. LynnNC

LynnNC ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 1, 2014
    NC
    This is the calculator I have used from the beginning. I have all Apple products but can access my calculator on my iPad and iPhone by using Safari.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. MikeADore

Feb 26, 2016
    Tennessee
    Yikes...Fozzy and Lynn's posts made me go take a look, and ELR is also what I use, not Steam Engine. The latter is what I use for coiling. Duh. Sorry for the misinformation. I'm gonna delete the text so I don't spread confusion.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  14. stols001

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Yes but you can use steam-engine for e-liquid, it's just far more useful for coiling. But if there's a better online site out there, by all means use that one as steam-engine is pretty basic when it comes to juice. :)

Anna

15. Capt.shay

May 10, 2013
    W. Ma. U.S.A.
    The problem for me was that I can not get the WiFi in my mixing room. Therefore, I needed an app that would run independent of internet connection. I believe all those mentioned so far are on line calculators. I guess it matter what Fidola 13 needs out of her app. If an internet based calculator would work for her then I would recomend our very own Scuba Dans Calculator Ejuice calculator (added quantity calculations)

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. MikeADore

Feb 26, 2016
    Tennessee
    @Capt.shay, I know at one time that calculator did not work with Mac. Maybe he has expanded it?

• Like Like x 1
  17. LynnNC

LynnNC ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 1, 2014
    NC
    I have this one saved on my laptop. It's easier to use than the ejuicemeup calculator. But..since the laptop battery is shot and has to be plugged in to a power source plus the laptop is kind of old, it's easier to bring the iPad into the kitchen while mixing.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Fidola13

Supporting member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    Thanks everyone for all the info and I will check out all the suggested sites and apps that might work!

Have a great day!

sara

• Like Like x 2
  19. Fidola13

Supporting member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    Oh I actually DID find that site and that’s where I found the recipes I plan on making!!

• Like Like x 3
  20. Fidola13

Supporting member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    53E25476-AA79-4717-BE81-66CE02496968.png One other thing- what do I use to mix it? Hadn’t thought about that. Would this work ok?

• Like Like x 3