ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The weigh of the weigh is the (only) weigh to go.... :) Seriously, it makes mixing so much easier, I was quite surprised.... It's getting to be about time to get another 15 or so bottles steeping. I have permanent sharpies for my labels this time, and numbering them on the bottle end is also in my plans. So much faster and easier, it's fun!

Anna

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Sonicdsl , Welcome to the way of the weigh. Like you, almost all people who give weight based mixing an honest try will never go back to syringes. I'm glad you are able to enjoy the cost savings, and personal satisfaction of mixing your own juice again.
Thank you @Capt.shay! Just mixed 3 new bottles (was going to do 1 LOL) - so nice and easy now. I used to almost dread it at times and procrastinate quite a bit previously. :)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I have this one, also. The narrower mix tools work well for ejuice in most 60ml bottles. The V shaped one compresses to fit into bottle openings, too. They reshaped the bottom of the V stirrer on the one I have to make it straight instead of curved ends. You could cut the one shown to adapt it for small bottle necks.

I use the Badger more often.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E39LYO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

518-Kc%2BCtgL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
With things being the way they are with the FDA, a whole lot more people are turning to DIY. I have been mixing for a few years now and started out using syringes and measured cylinders. Along the path I came across people who were mixing by weight. The idea appealed to me and I have been a proponent ever since. I find mixing by weight easier, more consistent and quicker than mixing by volume. Bellow I will show you how I mix by weight and I hope it helps some of my fellow vapors out during these bleak deeming times.

You will need:

Nicotine From places like Nude Nicotine, Vapors Tech, or Hartland vapes to name a few.
VG, PG From Places like Bulk Apothecary, or wizard labs to name a couple
Flavorings From places like Bull City for small amounts or directly from the manufacturer.

Here, on the right, you can see that the VG, PG and Nic. are in squeeze bottles (available on Amazon among other places). I have the bottles clearly marked and they are also different sizes to avoid any confusion.
olkAKI5.jpg

On the left are the two flavors I will be using for this recipe (Flavor West Yellow Cake and TFA Marshmallow) and on these bottles I have Yorker caps that I ordered from Flavor West. For flavor bottles that wont accept Yorker caps, I use disposable pipits to transfer the liquid (I purchased 500 on E-bay for very little money, I still have about 400 of them a couple of years later)

Since I don't have WiFi in my mixing room, I use a program called Liquix (available at the app store) on a pad as my calculator. This and most current calculators offer a weight bassed option built in. Here is a picture of the screen of my pad that shows what we will need to make today's recipe called "Twinki" 60ml, 30PG,70VG 2mg/l. As you can see, we will need 7.49grams of Yellow Cake (12%), 2.50grams (4%) of Marshmallow, 1.25grams of 100mg/l nic., 7.49grams of PG and 52.92grams of VG.
gnrQGPy.jpg

We begin by placing the 60ml bottle on the scale and press "tare" to zero the scale. We will then drop 7.49g. of Yellow Cake in to the bottle:
tlQtwTI.jpg

We then again Tare the scale and add the next ingredient 2.50g. of Marshmallow:
cI04zjc.jpg

Then 1.25g of Nic.:
JJOaQlE.jpg

And 7.49g. of Pg:
OX4pAXt.jpg

At this point, we can simply top the bottle off with VG to complete our mix as we are using a bottle that is the same size as the batch size or you can measure out the 52.92 grams of VG.
G55dQwr.jpg

And your done! That's it. Nothing to wash or rinse. It is about as simple and easy as you can get when mixing juice. I highly encourage you to give it a try. It is a rare case indeed where someone who has given this method an honest try and gone back to syringes. I wish I had used this method from the beginning and if your just starting out, I would highly recommend skipping the syringes all together.

Happy Mixing!
John
I’m not finding Liquix at the App Store. Is this the correct name? Thanks!!

Reactions: stols001

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
I’m not finding Liquix at the App Store. Is this the correct name? Thanks!!

Hello Fidola and welcome! This is an android app. and if you didn't find it I would imagine that you are using Apple? I can't help you with an apple app. sorry. Perhaps others here could suggest an apple app. I'm sure a bunch of them will pop up if you search e-juice calculator.

Again, welcome and feel free to ask any questions here that you may have.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yup, that sounds about right for apple these days. You could try using steam-engine. org, their app for juice isn't stellar as far as having an app where you can save recipes and whatnot (I don't think) and it's pretty bare bones basic, but it does the job. Since it's a web-based service, it's unlikely apple is going to block that.

Anna

Reactions: Fidola13

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
ELR (the site I can't spell and may even get an infraction for spelling out) is a decent web based recipe calculator. They have arguably the biggest database of DIY ejuice flavors on the web.
This is the calculator I have used from the beginning. I have all Apple products but can access my calculator on my iPad and iPhone by using Safari.

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
The problem for me was that I can not get the WiFi in my mixing room. Therefore, I needed an app that would run independent of internet connection. I believe all those mentioned so far are on line calculators. I guess it matter what Fidola 13 needs out of her app. If an internet based calculator would work for her then I would recomend our very own Scuba Dans Calculator Ejuice calculator (added quantity calculations)

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
The problem for me was that I can not get the WiFi in my mixing room. Therefore, I needed an app that would run independent of internet connection. I believe all those mentioned so far are on line calculators. I guess it matter what Fidola 13 needs out of her app. If an internet based calculator would work for her then I would recomend our very own Scuba Dans Calculator Ejuice calculator (added quantity calculations)
I have this one saved on my laptop. It's easier to use than the ejuicemeup calculator. But..since the laptop battery is shot and has to be plugged in to a power source plus the laptop is kind of old, it's easier to bring the iPad into the kitchen while mixing.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
ELR (the site I can't spell and may even get an infraction for spelling out) is a decent web based recipe calculator. They have arguably the biggest database of DIY ejuice flavors on the web.

Oh I actually DID find that site and that’s where I found the recipes I plan on making!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread