Molehill Mountain Drip Tip Brag Thread - Post yours!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hello dale, chooch, splat and lori [emoji4][emoji477]️

I'm doing laundry but I ain't nearly as excited about it as splat [emoji12]

Roast beast sounds good lori [emoji4] Saw a recipe recently where they put it in a crock pot and sprinkled onion soup mix and ranch dressing mix on it. And dropped some pepperocini peppers in. Looked tasty [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd love to be able to use the Lipton Onion soup mix.
My DH hates onion with a passion, so I've had to find work arounds.
My good friend in NC always puts pepperoncini peppers in her roasts, they love them.
I love them with sandwiches, I just didn't like it with roast beef. But everyone likes different things, and the other things that get added change up the flavors too, so let me know if you try that one.
I think it would be a great mixture.

Hey, Westie! :) Checked the other thread this a.m. and it wasn't closed yet, but it was suppose to be per Kayte. The brag thread was the easiest to turn to since it was already up and running. Good to see you show up. :thumbs:

LoriP, you keep posting recipes of roast beef and I may have to break out my apron........na-a-a-a-ah. :p

Oh, you don't need an apron for this, it seriously takes no time.
I'm lazy, I do instant mashed potatoes, we either use just the au jus that comes off the roast, or I'll thicken it separately for gravy.
Some dinner rolls, and you're THERE. :D

Seriously, I *only* make/cook easy things. ;)

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
You guy's or girls can take the frolic right out of someone ,:p last load is in :banana:thank godness.In this house you have to motivate yourself otherwise you would despair on the mountains of laundry this familie generates.:shock:
:laugh: Sorry. :blush:
I'm soooooo thankful it's just two of us here, I feel like I'm eternally doing laundry as it is. :lol::lol::lol:

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC
Good morning MB :wub:
I'm finally moving around here myself, like you, not too excited.
I know I posted how I do mine on the Lurker thread, but I'll post here too because it's soooooo darn easy, and turns out sooooo good each and every time. (so far anyway)

Chuck Roast
McCormick Au Jus Gravy Mix
Hidden Valley Ranch Dry Mix
Campbell's Beefy Mushroom Soup/ 1 can of soup, plus a half a can of water (or a little less)

I do mine in the oven, I use a 9x 13x 2.5 roasting pan, and slow cook at 250 degrees until it's done, and falling apart.
My chuck roast (today) is 12"x 6"x 2", so pan size will be according to your roast size (obviously).

Place your roast in the pan, sprinkle a generous layer of each of the above dry seaonings to coat, I do about a thin to medium coating, basically to cover.
I pour my soup into a large pyrex measuring cup and add the water, stir, then pour over the top of the seasoned roast. It usually comes up to about 1/2 or so along the outside of the roast.
Cover with foil.

This is *my* variation of the Mississippi Mud Pot Roast Recipe. I started with that (just google for the original, they're all basically the same recipe), then we tweaked it to our preferences.
We have beef from a quarter beef, these are bone in roasts, and fattier than what you can often get in the grocery stores, so well...bone and fat = flavor. I have not tried with with one from the grocery store.

If your roast is lean, add a few pats of butter. :) I personally think the original Mississippi Mud recipe uses too much butter, YMMV though.

If you steer clear of mixes, and don't want to used "packaged" anything, this isn't the recipe to try. :laugh:
But it's a really good roast, EASY, did I say easy?? It's so flipping easy your head will spin!!
...and, I think it gets better as the days go by. By day three, it's absolutely amazing. :)

If you/anyone makes it, let me know your experience.

Morning B, I don't know for sure, but we've moved here for when it does. :)
Hope you have a wonderful day too!!

Yummy recipe [emoji4] Need to try that one.

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Yummy recipe [emoji4] Need to try that one.

I'll have my friend email me how she does hers, if nothing else, we'll have a few recipes to try out, or look over, that others have had success with. :)

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Good morning MHM. :wub:

Guess Splat will be my inspiration, since I need to get excited about doing some dusting and vacuuming. :facepalm:

Roast beast for dinner tonight even though it will just be me.
    DH is playing in a Club Manager's Golf Tournament today (no he's not a Club Manager, he sells equipment to golf courses, but all the different chefs from all the different courses are there to cook for everyone all day, they have different food treats set up on all the holes, then a big feast for dinner...it's quite a day of eating for the guys.
    They look forward to this day all year. :lol:
    Oh! How cool! I would even love that:D

Mornin' everyone! Is the other thread closed? Have a wonderful day!
    Not to my knowledge, think Kayte assumed it would be closed as they won't be renewing their suppliers status.

Splatnext

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 30, 2013
    near the beach
    Oh! How cool! I would even love that:D

Not to my knowledge, think Kayte assumed it would be closed as they won't be renewing their suppliers status.

That won't close the thread...(we could still use it) but Kayte wouldn't be able to post on it,:(
    I do hope she will be able to post here tho.:)

tearose50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Tennessee :-)
    Hello ladies (and lurking gents) :)

I think the other thread will be closed and sent to archives -- but there is probably a grace period before that happens.

Well, I had a lovely break at another mountain recently:

BanffTypical.jpg
    LakeLouse1.jpg
    ElkBull.jpg
    GlacierBlueWater.jpg
    Maple.jpg
    View attachment 602869

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member

tearose50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Tennessee :-)
    Yes, that is Elk! Magnificent creatures. We saw this herd close up in some woods, but the pictures weren't so hot. Sorry for the fuzzy shot -- best my cel could do on zoom.

It's Banff, Canada, and I highly recommend it, just not in the winter. :laugh:

Oh Dale, those remind me of a display at one of the restaurants --- much better than poutine, which I just had to try one day. :)

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    How picturesques, tea! Very lovely shots! Love the antlered ones.

Good morning Momma, Chooch, Dale and all that follow.:)

It is a gorgeous day, right now cool enough to have the windows open.:)
    The first load of laundry froliced it way in to the washing machine, many more to follow.:banana:

I can't open my window! (WAAAAH!) I caught a fly in there. :facepalm:

Good morning MB :wub:
    I'm finally moving around here myself, like you, not too excited.
    I know I posted how I do mine on the Lurker thread, but I'll post here too because it's soooooo darn easy, and turns out sooooo good each and every time. (so far anyway)

Chuck Roast
    McCormick Au Jus Gravy Mix
    Hidden Valley Ranch Dry Mix
    Campbell's Beefy Mushroom Soup/ 1 can of soup, plus a half a can of water (or a little less)

I do mine in the oven, I use a 9x 13x 2.5 roasting pan, and slow cook at 250 degrees until it's done, and falling apart.
    My chuck roast (today) is 12"x 6"x 2", so pan size will be according to your roast size (obviously).

Place your roast in the pan, sprinkle a generous layer of each of the above dry seaonings to coat, I do about a thin to medium coating, basically to cover.
    I pour my soup into a large pyrex measuring cup and add the water, stir, then pour over the top of the seasoned roast. It usually comes up to about 1/4 to 1/2 along the outside of the roast.
    Cover with foil.

This is *my* variation of the Mississippi Mud Pot Roast Recipe. I started with that (just google for the original, they're all basically the same recipe), then we tweaked it to our preferences.
    We have beef from a quarter beef, these are bone in roasts, and fattier than what you can often get in the grocery stores, so well...bone and fat = flavor. I have not tried with with one from the grocery store.

If your roast is lean, add a few pats of butter. :) I personally think the original Mississippi Mud recipe uses too much butter, YMMV though.

If you steer clear of mixes, and don't want to used "packaged" anything, this isn't the recipe to try. :laugh:
    But it's a really good roast, EASY, did I say easy?? It's so flipping easy your head will spin!!
    ...and, I think it gets better as the days go by. By day three, it's absolutely amazing. :)

If you/anyone makes it, let me know your experience.

Morning B, I don't know for sure, but we've moved here for when it does. :)
    Hope you have a wonderful day too!!

Chuck roast alla LP sounds magnifique, kiddo! I LIKE easy.

mommabird62

squonkhead
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 11, 2014
    NC
    Oh wow tearose! What beautiful scenery [emoji4] Love the Elk! Thanks for sharing.

And I do believe that I will grab a bite of dale's goodies [emoji3] Almost too pretty to eat.

Y'all have a great evening and sweet dreams [emoji3][emoji99]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Do you have any glitter? Makes all the ceiling cobwebs look like a starry night. :p
    I love it!
    Dale, we need kitchen "make overs".......only I'll need a chef too. :p
    Me too. Although I'ld settle for a kitchen to myself! I can barely cook. Not well enough to do it in a kitchen full of other's people's messes.
    The first load of laundry froliced it way in to the washing machine, many more to follow.:banana:
    I wanna trade laundry! Does it only do one dance. Or, can you change the music to get it to do different dances?
    LoriP! :) I'll keep you company with your roast beef. :D I wouldn't mind dusting and vacuuming so much if I didn't have to do the same thing over......and over......and over again. :nah:
    Ain't that the truth Chooch. It doesn't matter if I dust today or next Tues., it will need it either way. :laugh: :nah:
    Exactly! Either have a perfectly clean house at all times. Or have a life.

The housework can wait! It's not going anywhere.

Good morning!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread