Montana Enacts Flavor Ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaveFurby

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
My own state. We didn't see this coming so soon. Montana typically doesn't follow the trends of the west and east coast. Encouraged by Montana Health and Human Services, of course. Becomes effective Oct. 22nd, a 4 month ban on flavored electronic cigarettes and "vaping products".....I'm assuming that covers mods and atomizers as well. AND of course an online purchase ban. You know, Montana is a very underpopulated state, approximately 1 million in the entire state. We don't have a really large vaping population and we certainly don't have a vaping "epidemic" here. I'm still in shock, I only found out about this tonight. I just am so relieved I'm fully stocked up on nicotine and mods and atomizers. Feel really horrible for the poor folks on limited incomes who only have 2 weeks to stock up, and don't diy. And all the shop closings coming up. And we're a pretty large state, if you're in the center you might have to drive 250-300 miles to the nearest vape shop in another state. Thanks Governor Bullock, thanks for slapping the faces of all the adult vapers who are trying to stay off smokes. Thanks a hell of a lot.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
My own state. We didn't see this coming so soon. Montana typically doesn't follow the trends of the west and east coast. Encouraged by Montana Health and Human Services, of course. Becomes effective Oct. 22nd, a 4 month ban on flavored electronic cigarettes and "vaping products".....I'm assuming that covers mods and atomizers as well. AND of course an online purchase ban. You know, Montana is a very underpopulated state, approximately 1 million in the entire state. We don't have a really large vaping population and we certainly don't have a vaping "epidemic" here. I'm still in shock, I only found out about this tonight. I just am so relieved I'm fully stocked up on nicotine and mods and atomizers. Feel really horrible for the poor folks on limited incomes who only have 2 weeks to stock up, and don't diy. And all the shop closings coming up. And we're a pretty large state, if you're in the center you might have to drive 250-300 miles to the nearest vape shop in another state. Thanks Governor Bullock, thanks for slapping the faces of all the adult vapers who are trying to stay off smokes. Thanks a hell of a lot.
I'm in Michigan with a flavor ban. A careful reading of the rules tells me the rules apply ONLY to sellers. I can mail order from out of state so long as it's for personal use. Wise to read the actual rule to see how it aplies.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I'm in Michigan with a flavor ban. A careful reading of the rules tells me the rules apply ONLY to sellers. I can mail order from out of state so long as it's for personal use. Wise to read the actual rule to see how it aplies.
Some vendors will not mail to these states legal or not. Just like they won't mail to states that exert heavy taxes.

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO

Jman8

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 15, 2013
    Wisconsin
    Anyone know why they even bother to make all these bans "temporary." Every single one I've seen is the same 120 day cookie cutter ban.

That's a good question. Don't know myself, but I would guess it's to put small/medium businesses out of commission and allow big vape to survive. Easier to control going forward.

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas
    Another state, that sucks. Hang in there, I'm glad you are stocked up. Hopefully the vape shop owners pursue legal action.

I'm anxiously anticipating a ban in Texas. San Antonio is under fire, it's only a matter of time until the state goes ape****. Texas is strongly conservative, but Austin, the capitol, is strongly liberal. I don't know if political parties will make any difference in decisions on vaping. I'm hoping Texas holds out. Even if we don't, we are a state with a history of rebels, outlaws, and strong individual free thinkers.

Wishing you the best

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas
    I hope you,re given a little more time to prep Blitz and that you are all set for what's coming. All the best to you too.
    I've got most of what I need. Flavors and more VG, some more squonk attys, other than that I should be ok. The main concern I have is this hit at a bad time. Work is at an all time low for me, and so are funds. Timing is everything, if I can scrape up $200 for the last of my stocking needs, I'll make it. If not, well, it is what it is. Good luck to you also CosmicGopher.

• Optimistic
    Reactions: Eskie

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    Anyone know why they even bother to make all these bans "temporary." Every single one I've seen is the same 120 day cookie cutter ban.

As they are emergency executive orders and not actual legislation, they have to come with a time period. So it depends on the state's laws whether it can be say 90 or 120 days (or 6 months or whatever the state constitution allows). In most cases it can also be renewed after the initial 90 or 120 days if the "emergency" is still considered an ongoing problem.

CaveFurby

ECF Veteran
    Sep 24, 2015
    Yep, this very conveniently removes the vape shops and all those 'dirty' vapors from sight. They have no idea what they're starting...black market like you won't believe...think those kids won't find juice? And what kind of juice, mixed up by some 19 year old in his basement.

CaveFurby

ECF Veteran
    Sep 24, 2015
    I was able to reach the Governor's office from work today, and voiced my objection to this ban. The aide had been cordial during the call, but pointed out that this ban was for the benefit of the majority of Montanans, and that their statistics showed that "while only 5 percent of adult montanans vaped, that 30 percent of those under 18 years vaped". I indicated that I disagreed with those statistics, and asked where those had come from...I was told that those statistics had come from the state bureau of Health and Human Services. I also asked if that 30 percent of kids had just tried it once, or were routine vapers, and was told that that data was not available. Nuff said. Progressive brick wall. I will ask tho, that if there are any other Montanans viewing this, to please call Governor Bullock's office at 1-406-444-3111.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread