New York just banned flavored e-cigs, starting immediately

Status
Not open for further replies.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Oh, I know. No smoking or vaping in any public park. I just want to see if someone really takes the time to enforce it.

I do expect some dirty looks and at least one person to come up and lecture me on how dangerous that stuff is and it's worse than smoking.
Can you smoke and vape in your own car or is that considered being in public?

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
Yes you can.

Vaping is selectively banned in public venues in NYC.

You can’t vape in Times Square for example.

Vaping on random streets is fine.

No self respecting cop is going to enforce any of it.

Park rangers are another story.

The reason Eskie mentioned the bandshell is that it is a high profile location.

Last edited:

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Nah, they can't come after you. But they will target the retailer if they identify them. There are no bans on personal use or possession in any state or federal regulation or proposed regulations, even under deeming rules if and when enacted.
What can they do to the supplier? They sell 2 of my ADVs at the best price and FS. I'd be very disappointed to lose them.

Reactions: Eskie

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
This is hilarious. I can't believe it. It's finally happening.

I'm walking down the blocks of NYC blowing clouds and people are scurrying away from me like I'm contagious.

I love it.

Yes, I feel the same way. It is hilarious and should be…if their comfortable self-imposed delusion weren't so tragic for millions of us.

Good luck. :)

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
What can they do to the supplier? They sell 2 of my ADVs at the best price and FS. I'd be very disappointed to lose them.

Someone somehow can impose significant fines. I imagine it is enforced the same way interstate sales of cigarettes are banned and different alcohol products depending on location. Some states do not allow residents to purchase say wine from online or mail order sources. Now exactly how and whether that's in federal court I really don't know, but there are laws on the books about interstate shipping of a product to a state which has banned or restricted sales through only licensed establishments.

• Informative
Reactions: muth

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
This is hilarious. I can't believe it. It's finally happening.

I'm walking down the blocks of NYC blowing clouds and people are scurrying away from me like I'm contagious.

I love it.
Nice to see another NYer on the forum. I moved away quite some time ago and it's nice to get a peek into what's going on.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Oh ffs, look what's now being released while vaping is a gift from Satan
Forget Tide pods. Now we have Scotch pods - CNN

Eve of destruction, tax deduction,
City inspectors, bill collectors,
Mod clothes in demand, population out of hand,
Suicide too many bills, hippies movin' to the hills
People all over the world are shouting end the war

And the Band Played On...

Round and Round and Around we go, where the world's headed nobody knows.
Great Googa Looga, Can't you Hear me Talkin' to You,
Just a Ball of Confusion
That's what the World is Today !

The Temptations, "Ball of Confusion", 1971

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Someone somehow can impose significant fines. I imagine it is enforced the same way interstate sales of cigarettes are banned and different alcohol products depending on location. Some states do not allow residents to purchase say wine from online or mail order sources. Now exactly how and whether that's in federal court I really don't know, but there are laws on the books about interstate shipping of a product to a state which has banned or restricted sales through only licensed establishments.
Well, it's interesting that Vista Vapors has sent out messages to their "banned" customers and apparently others have not. I wonder if they're just going to take their chances?

Reactions: Eskie

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Eve of destruction, tax deduction,
City inspectors, bill collectors,
Mod clothes in demand, population out of hand,
Suicide too many bills, hippies movin' to the hills
People all over the world are shouting end the war

And the Band Played On...

Round and Round and Around we go, where the world's headed nobody knows.
Great Googa Looga, Can't you Hear me Talkin' to You,
Just a Ball of Confusion
That's what the World is Today !

The Temptations, "Ball of Confusion", 1971
The Buddha said we live in an upside down world. And that was 3000 years ago. Really shows how much humans have NOT changed in all this time. But damn, our tech keeps changing every 3 months. Too bad we can't keep up with our brains.

mgordon1100

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2011
A, A
Well, it's interesting that Vista Vapors has sent out messages to their "banned" customers and apparently others have not. I wonder if they're just going to take their chances?

In another message I mentioned Michigan. My supplier is circumventing this by shipping their flavor mixers on the side. It's just like the vape shops. They can sell mods and rda's, but they can't build a coil for you. My place is backlogged, so I've been waiting all week for them to ship. It seems I'm going back to DYI, and for safe measures I'll buy a mech and another mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread