The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

New York just banned flavored e-cigs, starting immediately

Discussion in 'Legislation News' started by IgnorantCig, Sep 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Eskie

Eskie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    NY
    I received two emails of places I did used to use that closed. The legal action didn’t change the fact they couldn’t take a chance of hanging on as rents in NY are incredibly high and even one extra month is a major hit. Most won’t bet another $20,000 or more that the TRO will lead to a permanent injunction.
    Even if there is, it can still be changed through legislation when the state assembly restarts their session. That kind of uncertainty is impossible for most folks to live with.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. phill_nz

phill_nz Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 1, 2018
    im not seeing the point of having a vigorous investigation of vaping related problems and the laws required to safeguard the public by a congressional committee
    when
    all the members have already made up their mind as to the outcome
    they could have saved all the public money and gone straight to the dictatorship outcome

Rep. Krishnamoorthi: We have a national vaping epidemic among youth

• Like Like x 1
  3. DaveOno

DaveOno ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'm such a dutz.
    I assume governments would look at the science, the facts, the evidence, and make decisions for the common good.

Hello, Earth? Dave. Dave, Earth.

:facepalm:

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Rossum

Rossum Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    NE FL
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
  5. sofarsogood

sofarsogood Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2014
    I'm more and more confident the controling influence is the money. Here in Michigan, 5 years ago, I paid $3,000 to smoke a carton a week. For the past 5 years I vape 2400 ml per year, 200 ml per month. If that year supply of eliquid cost $3.000 it would work out to $1.25 per ml. A 120 ml bottle would cost $150 instead of $12 mail order. If cigs cost twice as much in NY as Michigan how about $300 per bottle. They got too greedy with cigs.

Hey Mr. Big Government, cigarettes are obsolete, read the memo. To save money fire those public health guys who are advising you. And tell the Pres. he might do the same.

• Like Like x 2
  6. muth

muth Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    Aw, like me, you want to trust that the world operates according to common sense and good scientific evidence....and the common good? Hah! The almighty common dollar, the addiction to money.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. muth

Supporting member
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    BINGO !!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. muth

Supporting member
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    Hear hear.....that's the operative word...dictatorship. Glad you noticed.

9. cllmda

cllmda Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I just purchased a bunch of my fave liquids from Breazy and they have a whole list of states to which they cannot ship,NY included :( ....
    From what Ive noticed over the past year, they've been sending orders mainly from their Vegas location lately (before it was almost always sent from Bklyn) .Dunno what will happen in the near future....
    Sad to think that many fave juice manufacturers may be going out of business soon...

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.