The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

More media madness!

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by vaper1960, Sep 13, 2019.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. vaper1960

vaper1960 Super Member

Apr 24, 2019
    Fox News (I already hated this news guy for other reasons) Notice at the end, right when the person defending vaping mentions THC, the news guy says "I'm out of time" Cut him off... just like that! Basically kept interrupting him the whole time (and giving him the classic "yes or no?" line)
    Vaping trade association executive defends e-cigarettes

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Blitzdonlife

Blitzdonlife Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas
    I started watching that but I couldn't finish it. Things were in danger of getting broken in my general vicinity.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. Nameless_1

Nameless_1 Full Member Verified Member

Dec 8, 2013
    Montreal, Canada
    I heard that there will be a new show on TV this fall called «Vaping Bad»! :lol::lol::lol:

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  4. HigherStateD

HigherStateD Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2019
    Talking heads.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Blitzdonlife

Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas
    I wonder if they'll start calling us vapeheads?

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. sofarsogood

sofarsogood Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2014
    We don't call it journalism any more. We call it "the media". For a week or two there is no formal action to take because an executive order has not been made public. Once that happens I'm sure several groups will be going to court and they are probably talking to each other right now. In the mean time may be the best that can be done is make sure all the stake holders understand what might be coming and make sure their vaping friends and family and supporters are aware.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. MarkRNY

MarkRNY Full Member

Apr 18, 2016
    Rockland County, NY
    Yeah, Fox has been pathetic. The only guy I've seen take Vaping's side is Tucker Carlson. The others have 0 desire/downright refuse to look into the facts. Hannity-coward that he is-vapes himself and has said nothing. He's always been a spineless, ratings whore hack.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. puffon

puffon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2014
    The Villages, FL
    All the media is spinning the story, not putting any emphasis on the real cause of the deaths.
    I put the blame on the CDC for not blasting the real cause, vaping black market THC cartridges.
    If someone else dies the CDC should be held responsible.
    They are using these deaths to advance their anti vaping agenda.

"Never let a good crisis go to waste"
    Rahm Emanuel

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. ENAUD

ENAUD falling, falling, down the rabbit hole... Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sounded more like an inquisition than an interview...SMH. FAKE NEWS!

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Katya

Katya ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Not quite true. Bret Baier had a very good and sensible segment about Trump's vaping ban, so did Harris Faulkner. Gutfeld has always defended vaping (he was a vaper himself), and John Stossel has been pro-vaping for years. Dr. Siegel is wishy-washy, but also makes a clear distinction between THC and nicotine e-cigs.

The rest of them are somewhat clueless, like everybody else:

Wanna see real media madness?

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Blitzdonlife

Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas
    Bunch of Juulheads, wish they'd get their head out of their Juul. They can just go Juul themselves as far as I care. Juul ' those Juulholes.

/end rant

• Funny Funny x 5
  12. Katya

Katya ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Shepard Smith is the only left leaning/progressive host on Fox. :lol: ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. United States

United States Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 17, 2018
    RVA
    He gets paid to vape Juuls.

Rush Limbaugh used to vape in the early days and would do it in restaurants just to see what would happen (before vaping was banned from restaraunts) but went back to smoking cigars.

Everybody I know applauds that I vape instead of smoke. Yet they are all turned off by the cloud chasers. When they see one they turn to me and say to me "don't those things explode?"

I stealth vape in a crowded office and nobody complains. But if somebody comes in with a Voopoo drag and fills the place with gummy bear clouds you can be assured they will have no choice but to ban vaping. And I'll be the guy who staples the ban notice to his forehead. Most cloud chasers I know respect the surroundings of others. So they vape outside. A couple do like me and sneak a puff from a pod device.

We've just to ride this one out folks. Soon there'll be some other scurge to occupy the politicians. But we do need to do our due diligence like reporting places known to sell to minors to local authorities.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. bnrkwest

bnrkwest Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    I just read CNN will no longer advertise vape devices, we could be looking at an advertisement ban soon.

15. Vaperer

Vaperer Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 10, 2017
    Puerto Rico USA
    I must have been gullible. I didn't realize how far down the toilet we really were.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Coyote628

Coyote628 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2017
    In my mind, shepard smith lost his credibilty that day in 2004 when the big hurricane hit new orleans and he had an emotional meltdown on the section of a roadway and ramp that wasnt underwater, in front of the cameras and about 50 or more people that were stranded there because of the flood. And it seemed like after that, he wasnt on tv as much, of if so, was covering some unimportant fluff story. I wonder if anybody else remembers this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. cathym312

cathym312 Full Member

Apr 5, 2013
    Chicago, IL
  18. MarkRNY

MarkRNY Full Member

Apr 18, 2016
    Rockland County, NY
    I'm glad to hear there are others on Fox telling the full story (although I haven't seen it). I did see a segment with Faulkner and she was terrible. Didn't mention THC once. Just nodded her head and looked alarmed. One of their geniuses (Stewart Varney on Fox Business) suggested that the problem could be solved by vapers requiring a doctor's prescription (lol).

I take it for granted that the Lefty stations are spreading hysteria because this is being driven by the Left. The GOP's rolling over, as they always do, and/or complicit due to lobbyist $$$.

This is a pot crisis, not a vape crisis. But pot's a sacred cow to the Left and their stoner base and it's a huge biz that's much more taxable than vaping. The bottom line here is lost revenue, both for big guv and special interests. THIS is the story and the crisis. Most of the Fox talking heads are either too dumb, too uninterested or too complicit to report the truth--so far, anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  19. cathym312

cathym312 Full Member

Apr 5, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Shep Smith appeared to have an agenda because a member of his family fell to cancer caused by cigarette smoking. I can understand his grief, but he used his TV spot to nail anything that was remotely connected to tobacco. The interview was grossly biased and he jumped on every chance possible to interrupt and prevent information from the other side to be heard.

Was that fair and balanced or did he walk in with an agenda designed to drive a nail into vaping? I think he owes the vaping industry an apology.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1