Musicians check in here. If you play, tell us about it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Sounds like that new one is a decent fit for you. or are you concerned about stepping on the capo guy's place?

He's been a member there and playing in the praise band for years. He's 20 something, a nice guy, and has a beautiful guitar and cool pedals, but is either lacking in skills or not interested in improving. That sounds mean, but it's true. :)

Years ago we went there occasionally for Wednesday night suppers and they would sometimes be starting band practice. They've improved a lot since them and actually sound good as a group. They are just missing a lot of the original guitar work that's in the songs.

I'd be glad to show him some technique and how to play the licks their music is missing. Maybe we could do some two part harmony stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pipeous

Pipeous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
Surrey, BC, Canada
www.madpro.ca
I play drums too. I am playing bass in a blues band too. hehe. I like how he smacks the overhead mic and was like oops, oh well. I remember seeing buddy on I believe it was carson show. he walked around the drum kit while doing his solo. was hoping this was that one..

and hey my video above was an octave mandolin. did ya even check it out ;)

Reactions: Hypnophone

Hypnophone

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2011
FEMA Region VI
MID 90's PEARL MLX maple shell 8,10,12,13,14,15,16,18, 22x2 basses. 6 1/2x14 Free-Floating Brass Snare.
Zildjian 15" hi hat 1976, 26" heavy ride 1971, 26" medium ride late 70s, lot's more brass (all Zildjian)

Early 70's PEARL wood-fiberglass 12,13,14,16,18, 24 bass
Roland r8,R8M, Pad80x2, alesis hr16, EMU proteus.
Hammond B3 (1962)
Rhodes 73 suitcase stereo (1974)
Roland SH1
Roland RS09
ARP Little Brother x2
Roland D50
Everything a growin' boy needs, except for a geetar operater and a Hammond pilot...

Last edited:

Hypnophone

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2011
FEMA Region VI
I play drums too. I am playing bass in a blues band too. hehe. I like how he smacks the overhead mic and was like oops, oh well. I remember seeing buddy on I believe it was carson show. he walked around the drum kit while doing his solo. was hoping this was that one..

Checkin' it out now brutha!

Hypnophone

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2011
FEMA Region VI

Damn, that it a lot of work. One of my Geetar boys is making his own solid-bodies.
Got some video of it in action?
Buddy is the one that started it all. Damn....

Pipeous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
Surrey, BC, Canada
www.madpro.ca
he is still finishing it. There's a whole series on the build since it's my idea and he had to design it around what I wanted. I have been able to watch it being built from the beginning. He just added the dots on top of the fret board today and sent me a pic. Next is to string it up and tap tune it and adjust the F holes for tone.. then it gets a french polish finish. I am saving all but 1 octave mandolin song for the second cd so I can use it.

I am still learning as a drummer but I have been recording. I finished all my tracks for 1 cd recently, just vocals left and 4 tracks for the next. I have to do many many takes for the drums LOL. I will have the first cd out this month! It's country though. My lyricist friend sends me a lot of country type songs so I worked with those a lot. I write more to the rock side of things

Hypnophone

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2011
FEMA Region VI
he is still finishing it. There's a whole series on the build since it's my idea and he had to design it around what I wanted. I have been able to watch it being built from the beginning. He just added the dots on top of the fret board today and sent me a pic. Next is to string it up and tap tune it and adjust the F holes for tone.. then it gets a french polish finish. I am saving all but 1 octave mandolin song for the second cd so I can use it.

I am still learning as a drummer but I have been recording. I finished all my tracks for 1 cd recently, just vocals left and 4 tracks for the next. I have to do many many takes for the drums LOL. I will have the first cd out this month! It's country though. My lyricist friend sends me a lot of country type songs so I worked with those a lot. I write more to the rock side of things

Sorry Pip, I thought YOU were building it. It' going to be gorgeous.
Country is cool. Not quite my bag, but if you want dip yer toes into drummin', I would suggest starting with early blues, and jazz. Do you read? Maybe seek professional help. Once you can play jazz, you can play anything....
Speaking of country, I live a couple miles (that would be around 4-5 kilometres, eh) SW from Randy Travis.
You could make it easy and use computer-generated drums.
Ain't that what everybody does?

Pipeous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
Surrey, BC, Canada
www.madpro.ca
yup that guy is insane. so many bloody drums he needs extra kick drums for when he spins around LOL

Oh I am just starting with country. I am doing a folky cd, rock, metal and even doing a children's cd. I am not going to be pigeon holed as I love all kinds of music. I am just not good enough to do any jazz stuff other than with bass (my main instrument actually)... I just love learning to play stuff...

and yes I do use programmed drums for some stuff, but I write wierd bridges and stops on a lot so programmed drums just can't follow

Reactions: Hypnophone

Hypnophone

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2011
FEMA Region VI
I don't know if I'm gonna get in trouble for this, but check this out:
Schroomville opening for Forgotten Space at the Granada Theater
I got me some decent players homie!
I'm the good-lookin' one.
Check out the 46:00 mark. ...and Whoopin' Post after that.
I've been in several tribute bands Yes/Kansas/Pink Floyd, this is the
tightest bunch of misfits so far...

Last edited:

Hypnophone

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2011
FEMA Region VI
yup that guy is insane. so many bloody drums he needs extra kick drums for when he spins around LOL

Oh I am just starting with country. I am doing a folky cd, rock, metal and even doing a children's cd. I am not going to be pigeon holed as I love all kinds of music. I am just not good enough to do any jazz stuff other than with bass (my main instrument actually)... I just love learning to play stuff...

and yes I do use programmed drums for some stuff, but I write wierd bridges and stops on a lot so programmed drums just can't follow
You haven't seen the BIG kit...
I would love to hang out and help you oot, but the commute would be a ......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread