My first RDA setup purchase list, some questions remain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
As I look into my crystal ball I see a future post that looks like this:
Hi everyone. I am using a Pulse X/ Dead Rabbit dual .1ohm juggernaut coils and a 40T. I put in the coils and wicked it up. I was constantly getting a burnt taste. After finally someone figuring out I had hot spots I spent many hours getting that fixed. Then everytime I would fire the mod I would get a mouthful of spit back. Again after hours of research and practice I finally got the wicking right. Now no matter what I do there is no flavor, very little cloud production and the batteries only last about half way through one bottle of juice in the squonker. What's can I do to fix it?:Thanks.

P.S. I probably won't listen anyway..

VlKlNGS

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2019
I am listening and trying to learn @Don29palms , that doesn't mean I am gonna do everything everyone suggests.
Heck even if I didn't have my own needs and wants I still wouldn't be able to do everything everyone suggests since some of the info is conflicted. Like on the rabbit for example some people like it and say it's good, others hate it and say it's bad. So...

Imo just try to answer each of my questions as best you can, give me any extra info and advice you think is pertinent and then allow me to make my own mistakes. I'll get it right sooner or later. :D

P.S. Might wanna give your crystal ball an extra wipe or two, I think it's starting to miss. For example I don't start my topics with "Hi everyone" I use "Hello World".:p

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
As I look into my crystal ball I see a future post that looks like this:
Hi everyone. I am using a Pulse X/ Dead Rabbit dual .1ohm juggernaut coils and a 40T. I put in the coils and wicked it up. I was constantly getting a burnt taste. After finally someone figuring out I had hot spots I spent many hours getting that fixed. Then everytime I would fire the mod I would get a mouthful of spit back. Again after hours of research and practice I finally got the wicking right. Now no matter what I do there is no flavor, very little cloud production and the batteries only last about half way through one bottle of juice in the squonker. What's can I do to fix it?:Thanks.

P.S. I probably won't listen anyway..

Hahaha...

Winner!

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I am listening and trying to learn @Don29palms , that doesn't mean I am gonna do everything everyone suggests.
Heck even if I didn't have my own needs and wants I still wouldn't be able to do everything everyone suggests since some of the info is conflicted. Like on the rabbit for example some people like it and say it's good, others hate it and say it's bad. So...

Imo just try to answer each of my questions as best you can, give me any extra info and advice you think is pertinent and then allow me to make my own mistakes. I'll get it right sooner or later. :D

P.S. Might wanna give your crystal ball an extra wipe or two, I think it's starting to miss. For example I don't start my topics with "Hi everyone" I use "Hello World".:p

On this forum red x's are for dangerous advice that might kill someone, not because you don't want advice from a particular person or were hoping for a different answer. Just saying.

Since you already know everything about vaping there is to know.. good luck to you.

I'll avoid your threads like the plague.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca

Yes it was a snarky reply but the point being is what you said you wanted and the supplies you are getting won't match. You are spending a lot of money on equipment that will not come anywhere near what you are expecting. But like you said you'll learn. As I type this, and I'm not the only one and I'm not bragging, I have, 20 or so different mods and atomizers sitting here next to me. They range from single tube mech mods to dual battery squonkers and everything in between. I hope you find what you are looking for. Good luck to you.

VlKlNGS

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2019
Maybe you should check and see what word appears when you hover over the red x symbol @Opinionated . That word is exactly what I was thinking/feeling and that's why I used it, no more, no less.
If that's how you feel ok, no problem. Thank you for your help and see you around, or not I guess...

Well, I seem to be out of options @Don29palms , don't know what else to do... :(

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
@gpjoe which rabbit did you use and dislike? I have the 24. It’s a dual coil but I’m running it single. I don’t think it’s awful, but agree it’s not as good as the Recurve.

It’s also not an easy build. I mean, easy enough to get a coil in it, but very very fussy about exact placement and size. Certainly not one I’d suggest for a first time rda user.

And to the OP, you’ll need everything to use pre made coils that you’d need to wrap your own, except the spool of wire. Pre made literally does the easiest part for you.

To be fair, I was using the SQ and it was terrible. I didn't realize that the OP was talking about the dual-coil Rabbit. To each their own, and variety is the spice of life. I don't mean to rain on anybody's parade (two cliches in one para) but don't want new folks to make the same mistakes I did. Maybe the Rabbit works fine for him, and that is all that really matters in the end.

Last edited:

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Yeap, gonna be using the rabbit in dual coil setups. Right, so that means that if I put 2 of those coils that are 0.2 each, then the mod is actually gonna show 0.1, corect?

~snip~

That is correct, but keep in mind that the dual multi-strand coils at 0.1-ohms vaped at 70 watts will eat your single battery for lunch

On my Pulse 80 mods, I'm using Recurve RDAs with a single clapton at around .5-.6 ohms and wattage set to 30 watts. I'm lucky if I get through one full sqounk bottle per battery. Yours will be appreciably less when heating up that much metal at higher wattages.

As stated in one of my prior posts, battery life is my one gripe with the Pulse mod and you will be driving yours much harder than I am - you will be constantly swapping batteries, which is fine if you are at home and don't have to carry a bunch of batteries in your pocket.

• Agree
Reactions: Don29palms

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Maybe you should check and see what word appears when you hover over the red x symbol @Opinionated . That word is exactly what I was thinking/feeling and that's why I used it, no more, no less.
If that's how you feel ok, no problem. Thank you for your help and see you around, or not I guess...

Well, I seem to be out of options @Don29palms , don't know what else to do... :(
Ok here's a little bit of advice so take it for what it's worth. The question would be do you want looks or performance? Every now and again we can get both. When it comes to dual battery squonkers it's not likely in most cases. You can get a dual battery squonker like a Vicious Ant Spade if you want to spend $450+ on a mod. The Desire Rage and the Dovpo Basium are a couple really good dual 18650 squonkers that will give you the performance but not the looks you are looking for. IN MY OPINION the Dead Rabbit is a piece of crap. It has a good build deck but the airflow design is a HUGE failure. Air under vacuum does not go down and then up. There are many other RDAs that are so much better and are just as easy to build. The coils you picked are cheap Chinese garbage. You would be better off spending the money to have someone local make you coils or buy some good custom coils. Having an RDA you should consider making your own coils. Start with simple single wire coils. They are very easy to make and you'll really be suprised at the performance. If you have a good local shop or a friend that is willing to show you the proper way to install coils and wick them would be good. Making coils is easy but wicking is the art. If you want big clouds with lots of flavor you need power and airflow to drive them.

Again your decision is more of a performance or looks thing. Unfortunately with a dual battery squonker you can't inexpensively have both..

Vaping is really quite simple with just a little of patience and a little knowledge.

Good luck and HAPPY EASTER!

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
~snip~

Well, for the style of vaping you want to do, you may have to add some wiggle to your room, as I suggested in your other thread. You can get monster clouds from a dual coil RDA with huge coils at 150 watts, but probably better to consider a dual battery mod, as was your first inclination.

Problem is, the mod meeting all of your criteria for style, color, shape, button placement, etc doesn't exist. You may have to compromise. There are a lot of good dual 18650 squonkers that will run close to 200w and allow you to vape with your hair on fire if you want - you just have to relax your wish list.

Edit: Yeah, basically the same thing @Don29palms said but in a different way. :)

VlKlNGS

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2019
Great, great, great, great... Think it's time for a lovely new depression...
So basically nothing I like is any good... somehow I'm not surprised, story of my life...
I don't know what to say or do anymore...

Out of curiosity at least, since it doesn't seem to matter anymore:

a) can you guys please explain to me why if the rabbit is so ....ty pretty much all the reviewers I've checked(including Jai Haze who always struck me as a guy to tell it how it is) said it was good? Is every single one of them getting paid, or what?

b) of course I'm not gonna like how it looks but does at least one dual coil rda exist out there that would work with that mod and could produce nice clouds(by this I mean bigger then what a tfv12 triple mesh coil at 130w can do) and decent-ish flavor? I phrase it like that cause I care a bit more about the clouds then flavor in my outside build.

c) don't see how, maybe if I jumped out the window, landed on my head, was in a come for a couple of months and when I woke up I didn't care about that thing on the top, but can the bottle in the dovpo topside dual at least be taken out to clean and stuff?

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
a) can you guys please explain to me why if the rabbit is so ....ty pretty much all the reviewers I've checked(including Jai Haze who always struck me as a guy to tell it how it is) said it was good? Is every single one of them getting paid, or what?

The big reviewers are getting paid for a lot of their reviews. Yes alot of people like the same RDAs that some people can't stand. It's good to watch reviews but it better to talk to people about actual experience. If you want clouds then a good cloud chaser RDA is what you want even if it's a clone. TM24 PRO, Apocalypse, any of the Goons, Culverin are really good and I'm sure there are alot more. Even a Drop, BTFC OR CHIEF KING are better choices.

b) of course I'm not gonna like how it looks but does at least one dual coil rda exist out there that would work with that mod and could produce nice clouds(by this I mean bigger then what a tfv12 triple mesh coil at 130w can do) and decent-ish flavor? I phrase it like that cause I care a bit more about the clouds then flavor in my outside build.

No. It's not about the RDA as much as the mod. A single battery mod just doesn't have enough power to drive the coils you want for any period of time. If you want to use that Pulse X I would say get a single coil RDA with alot of airflow.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Great, great, great, great... Think it's time for a lovely new depression...
So basically nothing I like is any good... somehow I'm not surprised, story of my life...
I don't know what to say or do anymore...

Out of curiosity at least, since it doesn't seem to matter anymore:

c) don't see how, maybe if I jumped out the window, landed on my head, was in a come for a couple of months and when I woke up I didn't care about that thing on the top, but can the bottle in the dovpo topside dual at least be taken out to clean and stuff?

You know, a lot of us have been here a long time. We agree, we disagree, we like different stuff. Most of us understand that we each have our own vape style, our favorite devices, and no two of us use all the same things.

We ask for and appreciate one another’s opinions and advice.

Most of us have nothing to prove. Some know a lot more than I do, some are newer and know less.

If you read some threads, you’ll see how people conduct themselves when they want advice, need assistance, or have advice or assistance to offer.

Politely, for the most part.

On a rare occasion, someone will drop in and expect everyone to kiss their ....

It doesn’t go over well. There’s room for every vaper and every vape style from any country on any budget.

But there is no room for a contentious, combative, spoiled kid attitude.

If you want someone to argue with, go get married.

VlKlNGS

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2019
And the orders are in, finally!! :D

For the most part the stuff I ordered remained the same, with a couple of differences:

a) On @Mordacai 's and @TrollDragon 's and others(sorry if I'm blanking your names) advice I've changed the coils up a bit. Removed both the 0.2 ones and added some nice regular claptons instead at 0.9. With the whole divided by two thing those should give me a nice 0.45 ohms to start at which the mod should be able to handle.

b) Right before placing my order I realized that the store page I had saved and was looking at this entire time was actually for the Drop Dead rda!!, looool, yeah, guess I am that blind... So I went with that one. Not sure if that will do anything to please those that hate the Dead Rabbit given the parts it takes from the rabbit, but, c'est la vie.

c) Not sure if I mentioned it here since part of the discussion was held in the other thread, but on @Jazzman 's and @Punk In Drublic 's advice I'm gonna go with the Samsung 30T in the end, so that I have a battery that can better handle the mods higher wattage range in case I need to go there(and I probably will from everything you guys have taught me). And if I drain it too quick I'll just grab a couple more and a battery carry case.

Think that's all. Thank you once again to everyone(minus one or two guys) for your help, advice and trying to get through to me, I know I can be a bit dense at times. I've learned a lot, even though I didn't listen on everything, and I appreciate it.

Guess I'll be back in two to three months(or however long it takes the post office and it's snail pace) to let you all know how it went and how I'm getting along with the combo, if anyone is curious.

P.S. Hopefully it won't take @vandyvapeofficial too long to come out with a dual battery/200w or so version of the Pulse X, just in case. ;)

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Good luck with it all!

As far as coil resistance goes, it doesn't matter with a regulated device. The batteries never see the coil resistance so 40W into a 0.15 ohm coil is the same as 40W into a 1 ohm coil, the board does all the conversion.

On a mechhanical mod build resistance is VERY important as it's direct to the battery, there is no board to do all the heavy lifting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread