Status
Not open for further replies.

FisherPal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2009
Campbell River, BC
OMG, Taryn - once again, I have to bow down to your ingenuity. This little tip is working so awesome!! Well ... except when it flies out of your hand. Man, it's amazing just how far that little bag can travel! And the places it can find to hide ... especially when you are getting ready to leave for work and you really NEED to find it NOW. Oh yeah ... I won't be forgetting to put the .... plug and caps on again either.

Pugzley

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2009
USA
Good one Pugz! I wasn't going to tell everyone what I tried but since you shared I will too. My boomerang idea worked out pretty well, but Taryn's idea will keep me from getting beaned in the head!8-o

You've got to put up a video of this boomerang method. :)

I've always wanted a boomerang. Oh and I have a very good aim with blowguns, you know, the kind with the darts, the pointed ones, not the ones with the rubber suction cups on the ends, just thought I'd mention that since boomerangs seem kind of related... or not.

DaShiVa

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Texas
The bags are actually not the most convenient to use, but they work in a pinch. Tried this out last night and now considering figuring out how to home-build a centrifuge for cartos. it wouldn't need to be real sophisticated. Unfortunatly since I moved to america I don't have a shed or a garage (or a backyard) and since I got married I don't have the spare cash to be silly with, so may take me a while to figure something out.
Perhaps we should get the new VP of product design to come up with something like "The Taryn-Leaford CartoRefill Centrifuge device" and save me the trouble?

flying low

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2009
San Mateo, CA
The bags are actually not the most convenient to use, but they work in a pinch. Tried this out last night and now considering figuring out how to home-build a centrifuge for cartos. it wouldn't need to be real sophisticated. Unfortunatly since I moved to america I don't have a shed or a garage (or a backyard) and since I got married I don't have the spare cash to be silly with, so may take me a while to figure something out.
Perhaps we should get the new VP of product design to come up with something like "The Taryn-Leaford CartoRefill Centrifuge device" and save me the trouble?

I love this Taryn Refill method, however, you are right DaShiva, not super convenient to use & my fingers got blue velour all over them from squeezing the carts back out. I was doing 3 at a time :D.

Thinking some type of sling thing that cradles 2 or 3 carts at a time .. hmm, must think on this more ... ;)

johnny bravo

Oct 29, 2009
Missouri
Perhaps we should get the new VP of product design to come up with something like "The Taryn-Leaford CartoRefill Centrifuge Device" and save me the trouble?

I can see a blender coming into play here :D that might end up a bit dangerous though.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Now we'll be known as the V4L Twirling Cult!

I still say this is what the Leaford Lanyard was really made for. ;)

Yeah, I was trying it out last night, worked great. I was only doing one at a time, but I could have fit 2 or maybe even 3. But it's a pretty tight squeeze with the cap on, so I kept the plug in but not the cap, and stuffed a small wad of tissue through the LED vent in case of escaping drops.

It reminded me of wielding a sling!

The Leaford Lanyard, Officially endorsed by David & Goliath! :D :D

DaShiVa

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Texas
I can see a blender coming into play here that might end up a bit dangerous though.
Nah, I was thinking og some combination of an electric drill (or dremel), and a whisk (or similar) , which has hooked around it something like marker caps or similar. a little wire and glue and you're all set. can fill a half a dozen, pop them in, rev the drill for a few seconds, all done.

or course, you could do the same with a hand-crank eggbeater type thing, I suspect. OR we've actually got an old electric eggbeater, so pop in one of the 'whisks' and could clip 4 carts onto that to spin. Hmm... I might have to make something up after all...

The thing I need to figure out is what best to use to put the carts into that can be attached to the beater and hold the carts in the right direction.
I guess it'd be easy enough to clip the fingertips off a rubber dish-glove, and then pierce through it to hook it on, but not sure how sturdy that would be.
Yeah, hmm. lemme see if i can find pics of the parts....

OK. an electric whisk, here's one from walmart as an example.
only use one beater in it, of course.
then, a rubber glove - cut 4 finges off, at perhaps 2 inches down
then punch holes through the cut off end of the glove fingers and use wire, or these and voila, you have holders for the cartos and go for a spin.

Last edited:

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
OMG, Taryn - once again, I have to bow down to your ingenuity. This little tip is working so awesome!! Well ... except when it flies out of your hand. Man, it's amazing just how far that little bag can travel! And the places it can find to hide ... especially when you are getting ready to leave for work and you really NEED to find it NOW. Oh yeah ... I won't be forgetting to put the .... plug and caps on again either.

I am cracking up with this thread....

Well, I made a boo-boo and accidentally hit my head when I was trying to pick something up from the floor with one hand and twirl with the other at the same time......that's a real no-no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread