My Sidesho has arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

berube27

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
Presque Isle, PA
Day 1 - Well I dont know where to begin. Here's a good beginning. First full day of no analogs and I'm not grumpy about it. The only drawback is in the near future I'm gonna be playing battery/PCC tag with only one battery cuz the other batt is acting weird. Get this tho. Here it is @ 3:30am. I sent an email just now about the funky batt to MVs customer service and I got a reply from Tony like 3 minutes later. He's sending me a tested batt and a return label to send back the oddball. KEWL!

Soooooo, I got the Blue Sidesho. On the hardware side, I got the PCC, case, 2 auto batts, 2 attys, 10 prefilled carts, 10 cart plugs, and blue foam. On the software side, I got Halo Freedom, China Chocolate, USA Vanilla, and USA Fireball (Ret Hot candies).

I have been hitting this thing pretty much all day. I was doin maybe 2-3 minute pops about twice an hour. The first batt lasted me 6-7 hours.

Here's my first thoughts on each of the items:

PCC- Good lookin' box. Sturdy construction. Was initially worried about how the flip-top was actually assembled and thought it might break off over time. Nope. Its solid. It has a long metal rod running thru the pivot. I really would have liked to keep this thing in my front jeans pocket to use as a carrying case, but there is a long silver button on the front that would depress constantly. It would work in a shirt pocket, but not in jeans. Figuring out a way to make the button recessed would be a great upgrade for PCC version 3.0. Fitting an assembled Sidesho into the case ain't gonna happen. The lid won't close. Thats alright. If I want to fit it assembled, maybe I can do that with a shorty battery OR maybe it'll work when the Sidesho cartomizers arrive (hint-hint). There is a space for 2 batts, an atty/cart, and 5 capped carts. Another thing to consider in PCC version 3.0 would be the ability to charge 2 batts at the same time instead of just the one. As far as the cord goes, its a 2 foot long USB and the charging unit HAS a flip-out plug for the wall. I was glad about the wall outlet ability. Couldn't see it in the website photo.

Case- Again, sturdy construction. Pops open with the click of a sturdy button. Velvet-like interior. Room for an assembled Sidesho, another batt, an atty/cart, and 2 capped carts. There are cloth/elastic straps going across the inside of each "door". On the hardware side I kinda wish the strap was diagonal, so it would snug all of the components, but it only goes across 3. Honestly, I don't even think the strap is necessary on that door. On the other door is a cutout area that is for fitting biz cards, credit cards, etc. I found a stack of MV biz/discount cards in my package that fit in this door nicely (which I fully intend to pass out to the curious folk). Unfortunately the strap is too loose and too far off center to keep the contents in place. Every time you open it the cards kinda wanna flop out of it. In the end tho, I will be using this as my pocket kit and it'll work just peachy.

Auto batts- The blue is an ab-fab color. SO kewl. I noticed the sensitivity of them when unpacking them. The crinkle of the packing material was making the lights flicker! LOL! They do self activate, but I have only noticed it when trying to vape hands free. If you breathe out thru your mouth on the exhale, it'll make it flicker occasionally. My quick fix for this was placing the tip of my tongue on the hole. OH! I do notice that it's more sensitive when you use the pre-filled style cart... More on those in a bit. As far as the auto batt cutoff of 8 seconds... DUDE. That's a loooooooooong inhale! I don't activate it unless I'm trying to.

Attys- Both work great. I love the bridge for dripping. It sticks waaaay out! I do one drop on each side of the bridge. I'm definitely going to get a contact lens container thingy to use for dipping.

Pre-filled carts- Meh. Good in emergencies. That's about it. ALSO take note that you can reuse these and fill 'em yourself, BUT in the inner cart I noticed that there is a little ridge thing in the bottom which prevents your foam from going all the way down AND they are shorter than the MV ones. Less juice fail. And the foil is plenty annoying. Even if you peel the foil, there's a plastic film behind it that doesnt want to detach. Pre-filled or refilled, these puppies don't last long.

Cart plugs- I like 'em! I thought they would be hard leaky plastic, but they are soft leak-tight rubber! SCORE!

Refillable Carts- Were FREE, so I love them no matter what! Better than the pre-filled by far. And I noticed that the color was a little different than the pre-fills, not that it's much different.

Blue foam- Came with directions. Easy to use. More "solid" than that white filler garbage.

Halo Freedom- Uuuuhm... Hmm. Tobacco flavor? Not to me it ain't. Medium throat hit. Smooth. Tastes kinda like nightclub/concert fog machine juice smells. I got the large bottle (30ml) that comes with the dropper. I HATE the bottle. The bottle is glass, which means no pocket action. And the dropper drips when you aren't squeezing it, so precision dripping is a little complicated if not messy. Filling a cart with the "too-large tip of the dropper can be messy too. Makes the drops too big.

China Chocolate and USA Vanilla- I put these two together because honestly, I can't tell a difference yet. I filled one cart of each and shuffled em til I didn't know which was which. They are both sweet. I like 'em, but I didn't think I would have been confused between the two, eh? BTW- These and my Fireball came in 10ml MV bottles that have the dropper attached to the bottle. PERFECT DROP SIZE AND FLOW CONTROL! These bottles are also plastic and dainty, so they are pocket friendly.

USA Fireball (Red Hot candies)- MAN! You wanna talk about throat hit?! WHEW-DOGGIE! And a nice cinnamon bite too! It makes your lips sweet and tingly on every exhale too! I was worried that I wasn't gonna like this stuff, but BOY! When I want an analog reeeeal bad, this juice will shut me up quick!

Okay, overall I am pretty friggin' happy with my day 1 experience. Here are a few general thoughts about what I have learned on my first vapes:

Water- I am shocked how this drys out your mouth. I think it has more to do with the way you have to inhale, as opposed to the products actually causing it.

Inhale- I am/?was? an analog smoker. I am used to sucking with the cheeks and then comes the inhale. Now you CAN do that with e-cigs, but you don't feel that you get enuff "quantity", so I discovered that it is better to combine cheeks with a slow, simultaneous inhale. Also with analogs, you get the taste in the drag. With these, you get the taste on the exhale. Kinda nice actually!

Analogs- I will freely admit that I "wanted one" 3 or 4 times today... But then you remember you don't do that, and you grab the "E". On each occasion, I forgot the analog thought after a few tokes. THAT was very refreshing. I have discovered that I am missing the smell of smoke, but I hope that'll pass. Unless there is an e-cig ban (stupid FDA), I can say with a good amount of certainty that I am now, and will continue to be an ex-smoker. ... AWESOME!

Handsfree- Can you hold this in your lips? Yes. Is it easy? No. As much as I thought I would hate using my teeth to hang-on, it really is more comfortable. The fact that it is a plastic sleeve as opposed to metal makes all the difference in the world. And yes, I STILL don't want a manual battery as my primary! The autos work fine.

The Buzz- No doubt these have a totally different buzz. With analog you get a light-headed, dizzy buzz. These are more hmmm... "Mendicino", if you get my drift... They give you the face/forehead buzz. I'm kinda diggin' that.

The Body- I got a light headache and a tiny sore throat for about the first two hours. Now, I'm groovin'. Haven't had a dry smokers cough today and haven't had any mucus today either. YIPPEE!

The only other thing there is to talk about is what I am going to buy on my next purchase. Of course there'll be some more juices to try... But I already have some hardware I would like to add to my kit. A manual battery for emergencies, concerts, and atty cleaning. An SS atty, because I hope I will be able to revert to the "cheek drag" as opposed to the "inhale drag". More blank carts and blue foam, because I wanna do my filling maybe once a week. And lastly, a car charger adapter, because while I don't have a CPU or an outlet handy all the time, my lazy ... doesn't go ANYWHERE without a car! LOL! And oh yeah... I wanna order Sidesho cartomizers Tony. CMON YO!

Hope this review has been fun and entertaining! Hopefully some noob (like me) will find it helpful!

Peace and Metal Grease \m/:headbang:

P.S. This took 2 hours of typing. Someone better read this ...... lol

Nightseer

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2010
Somewhere in time.
LOL-my kids think it's cool too-but other than my youngest making the light light up when she walks by, mine really don't play with it. Mostly they treat it like my ciggs-which is what I asked them to do.

Grats hon, great to hear it's already working for you! Yes, missing the smoke smell WILL go away-shortly after your sense of smell comes back and you smell it again.

Krisb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
OH
Congrats Berube!! So glad it's working so well for you. Yes...more juice. This will turn out to be a never ending journey. I found a couple I really loved right away so I thought I'd be safe from the juice bug...Nope! I have bought so much dang juice and every time I say that's it, another sale! Right now, Gourmetvapor is having an incredible sale, BTW, 50%off everything! Use coupon code "box50".

When you get your manual battery, try a drip tip. I didn't try this for the first few weeks because I thought it would just be a pain to drip every couple minutes. Well, let me tell ya...I love it! Try an LR atty and a drip tip...TH, yup! I'm using my MV 902 with that set up and it's awesome. You'll definitely see a difference in vapor with the LR.

JTman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
SE Michigan
Nice write up! I got the MV 902 almost 2 weeks ago now and I am loving it. I didn't think I would be into the dripping, but after some fussing with carts I tried it and whoa was it nice! I definitely want to get a sideshow SS atty to drip with, the 902 atty is recessed and i can never see if I'm hitting the bridge or not.

I love the halo freedom. I just ordered another bottle from Tony at MV (along with some 902 cartos! WOO!) and I got the 30ml this time. I got the 15ml bottle initially and I haven't had any trouble with the dropper, but maybe the 30ml bottles have different droppers?

Also be sure to give the blue foam a nice long rinse. I forgot to clean mine before I used it and it wasn't very tasty.

berube27

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
Presque Isle, PA
freedom is pretty boring to me really.... you ever go see a band in a club and they use tons of fog machines? you know that smell? convert that smell to a taste, and you have what it tastes like. i do want to use it up, so i have decided to fill my carts with freedom til its gone. i'm gonna drip the fun flavors. i have also found blending flavors with the freedom tastes good too.

Biomom

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2010
Washington, DC
My Sidesho is still my FAVORITE e-cig! 5 models and 7 brands I've tried now.

Cartomizers? I've tried a few of those, pain/messy to refill, expensive, and something about the design makes the flavors on most not as strong. /shrug Please please if you decide to carry them, MV, don't discontinue the awesome atomizers/carts that you can style your cig with!

FUNNY STORY: I was sitting at a light and fully enjoying my Sidesho when I noticed the couple in the car next to me staring at me in a fascinated way, and then I noticed they didn't realize their light was green and all the cars had left them behind! I signalled to them to look at the light, but they missed it anyway! Hehe. OOPS! :)

berube27

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
Presque Isle, PA
yeah, i dont know if i will like cartos, but i want to at least try them once on the sidesho. i'll tell ya. i'm really hating carts... this is day 2 and i already know i hate them compared to dripping. gonna stop at the drugstore tomorrow for a contact lens "dipper" case. the way i seem to be doing this after experimenting is that i like to drip fun flavor and keep a cart on there thats juiced up with tobacco. that way i get the heavy hits to start out with, then I know its time to wrap it up and put it away when the cart is taking over (aka making less vape and tasting less awesome. lol).

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
Biomom, my guess is Tony will still carry the attys being he loves to drip on them. :) Plus now that he's selling 902 cartos, he still carries the 902 attys. Speaking of the 902 cartos, I'd actually say there is slightly more flavor, not less (than a cart and atty). Dripping still has the best flavor, I just don't like dealing with it. Oh and the 902 cartos are the easiest non-messy thing I've filled yet.

Berube27, I felt exactly like you which was why I moved to the 902 carts - instead of dripping. The 902 carts needed to be filled less often and were much easier to fill. It also put me on a mission to find juice that had lots of flavor and vapor because I the difference in juices is at least as big as the difference between hardware.

Basically as much as I loved the taste and vapor of dripping, I really needed ease of use. Its the reason I moved to the 902, then the LUX battery and MAYBE tot eh 902 cartos. While testing these cartos, I get a consistent drag every time for almost a whole day without a refill, when I have to refill it is a piece of cake and on only have to change a battery every couple day. But for this long lasting consistent ease, I'm going to have to give up a little throat hit.

Biomom

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2010
Washington, DC
yeah, i dont know if i will like cartos, but i want to at least try them once on the sidesho. i'll tell ya. i'm really hating carts... this is day 2 and i already know i hate them compared to dripping. gonna stop at the drugstore tomorrow for a contact lens "dipper" case. the way i seem to be doing this after experimenting is that i like to drip fun flavor and keep a cart on there thats juiced up with tobacco. that way i get the heavy hits to start out with, then I know its time to wrap it up and put it away when the cart is taking over (aka making less vape and tasting less awesome. lol).

I HIGHLY suggest getting Tony's blue foam kit! Turns pesky carts into little dream machines :) I've been able to refill mine 20 times and counting since the new mod!

Biomom

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2010
Washington, DC
heh. blue foam. CHECK. I removed the clean, new, white crap instantly. didnt even test fill one of em. maybe i should have made a couple q-tips out of the fodder, eh? where's my lollipop sticks?

Yah one day, a genius manufacturer will come up with pre-made blue foam empty carts, heck charge a dollar more, totally worth it. Before I converted I had about 2 dozen empty carts in my car door pocket :p Part of that is because the MV cart lasts longer, I can't vape more than 3 on my trip to work, usually it's only 1 or 2.

berube27

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
Presque Isle, PA
well i'm now on day 4 i think. still analog free. this is easy..... anywho, i think im done with carts altogether. i hate filling them, they don't last long enuff for the bother, and they are so much weaker than dripping. i am dripping only now. since i vape like i smoked, i only need 2-3 minutes. i am also finding that my "smoke breaks" are a lot less frequent that they were with analogs. the nicotine seems to stay with me longer now. i am pretty much getting thru a whole day with one sidesho battery. i usually have to switch it out a few hours before bed. tonight i tried dipping and learned that it was less effective and took longer than dripping, so i'm done with that experiment too. lol! i'm officially a dripper. so someone said they knew where to get good drip tips that fit the sidesho? and if i get one, will it still fit in the case? and for all the "dripping kills auto batts" people, no they don't. just keep it to 2 drops and yer peachy.

\m/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread