My sort of review of the MVP 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
This is badly belated. I wanted to do this sucker justice because I was really excited to win it. You know pictures the whole bit. Life got in the way and I won it some time ago and I was so EXCITED because it is the vape you would Spelunk with! Not that I would ever Spelunk. Bats and getting your hand trapped under a boulder and having to saw it off to live. Although, that guy was a canyon diver not a spelunker but it's all the same to me. I bet he would have been comforted (one handed canyon guy) if he had an MVP, especially at night.

So halfway and too late I shall review this mod.... I chose the Sandstorm in color. I was like, this sucker seems a little ugly but I am NOT gonna run into furniture. Since Innokin itself could not do the mod justice in photos, I don't think I will bother with my ah, blur filter on my phone. But let me say it looks spectacular in person. The finish is gorgeous, and the other design stuff and whatnot they look stellar all together, and the V and everything. Well, it is expertly put together.

This thing gives a lovely and consistent solid vape. I have put numerous like, toppers on it and I like it a bunch with a doggy style. I did TC to check and it seemed fine but I'm not a super TC vaper so I can't tell you much other than it seemed to work. Which is great.

It's not a tiny mod, but it feels good in the hand. It is actually surprisingly not heavy for the 5200 mah battery that is in there. If you think it will take forever to charge well forget THE idea, it's got a super speedy USB C port and it charges in about two hours, sometimes less. It's pretty darn sweet and as a MTL vaper well, it lasts me for weeks.

I would LOVE this mod even without what made me beg for it, which was the flashlight function as I have night blindness and bump into stuff often.

Flashlight enthusiasts I believe this may also be the dang mod for YOU. It HAS SIX features, from far off low and high and my personal favorite, the strobe light.

I have used the flashlight often to look under my couch for something missing and it really works. It is often in my hand as I uh, head toward the bedroom and it's DARK. I can also softly beam and plug in my phone or whatnot if the husband is already asleep.

The build quality is lovely and you can adjust so much on this thing . Like I keep the brightness on the mod pretty low, to the point in bright daylight I have to turn it up. But the functions make sense and easy to navigate. You are going to get a lovely, consistent vape until the very last drop of your battery and if you are stuck in the wilderness with coyotes circling well, the strobe light is gonna send them running.

It is definitely built tough and though I am not sure I would take it to the beach (I hate the beach is why) but if I did, I am fairly certain like, sand wouldn't get in it. I don't test its toughness on purpose because I kind of love it and it CAN decrease my bruises and like, well that is AWESOME but I also would be remiss in not stating I have dropped on numerous occasions and it has not missed a beat.

It is that lovely Innokin quality of "solid' that they get on many of their mods, and while I'd like to say I tested the tank I knew it would not be for me so I PIF and they say they enjoy it a great deal.

But, this is the mod you want with you on Halloween. Confuse and dismay the teenagers who are stealing the little kids candy. Strobe light your horrific makeup job to scare the little kids yourself. They will not notice it's A MOD and if they do well ask them if they smoke and are overage, and talk up the MPV 5 (it has been my experience like, some adults want to collect candy for their kids or themselves. THOSE reprehensible parents are the ones you want to get they are probably smokers.) Talk up your multifunctional mod. Then refuse them candy. They will be confused.

So, all I can say is a) solid as anything b) reduces the BRUISING FTW c) consistent and lovely vape d) actually came with instructions clear enough that I could actually play with it minus much trouble. e) I think it charges quicker than my phone f) if you get caught with your hand between a boulder that fell on you and you decide you are going to have to saw it off to NOT die, the MVP will HELP because I would think doing something like that, when temperatures fall drastically, and you are super cold and feeling numb, THIS would be the time to cut that hand off and when you were about to pass out, you could take a giant drag and then shine the mod upon your arm and just keep sawing away. G) FLASHLIGHT USERS BE WARNED YOU will be CONFUSED like you will have to get two because you will be like, "Flashlight? Vape? I better get two."

Anyway this highly unscientific REVIEW brought to you by Anna who like APOLOGIZES deeply to @Innokin_Joseph , @Innokin_Paul and to all the team at Innokin who put this sucker together.

INNOKIN makes the best internal batteries out there, I have one that was gifted to me so old it like, has a USB charger on the bottom but it still vapes like a champ. I am pretty sure I will be avoiding bruises, and scaring coyotes off for years to come.

And THANK you for this lovely win. I'm sorry this review is so belated but I am here to tell you I 100% LOVE this vape and I am gonna flee the area now, because I caught sight of the bronze Kroma mod and it is making me drool. LOL.

But thank you for the prize and I seriously do use it each night and avoid hitting the coffee table as I head for bed,

THANK YOU INNOKIN it is a BEAUTIFUL mod. :wub::wub::wub::wub:

Anna

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
MPV’s are the bomb.

I’ve got an MPV 3, and 4, still going.

The 4 is my travel back up. It lives in my bag and always has power, even when neglected.

They vape as well as ProVaris and at a reasonable price.

I think the current chip was developed in conjunction with Evolv. I know they had some input from Evolv at one point.

I’d take an MPV 5 over the Kroma R. It has a better chip.

They are not svelte, but they are tough.

Good review Anna.

Northstar6

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2019
I picked up a Proton Mini several months back and loved it but just a warning...the O Rings have to be seated perfectly when you refill after cleaning and reassembling the tank. I've done this a million times with other tanks but for some reason with this Innokin they didn't want to sit flush.

Long story short, a slow juice leak occurred and killed the device. Innokin wasn't much help, but I figured it might be worth noting as I have a fairly new Proton that's now a paperweight as a result...so just be careful with those rings.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread