Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
May I draw your attention to post number 1 of Part Deux?

Luce/Bill, I hope it's ok to have that information there. It can be updated as it changes and (hopefully not too often) either myself or any of the moderators can update the list for y'all.

Now that is special, Dusty!

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
Hot damn, it's been way too long! BGB is even better than I remember. The specs are 70% VG and 6mg nic. I would order at 30% VG and 12mg nic, but the throat hit is still respectable for 6mg and the tobacco impact is still strong with high VG. Pure, unadulterated, straight-up Burley tobacco flavor.. just delicious.

Funny cos my ratio of choice is always either 50/50 or 30/70 VG/PG. But being the noob I was I got the folks at Ahlusion to give me whatever their recommended ratio was.

Having said that, during that one night when I drained 3.2 ml of the same BGB I thought it had a very solid throat hit for it's ratio and nic level. Oh, how I wish my wretched nose would man up and handle BGB. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Funny cos my ratio of choice is always either 50/50 or 30/70 VG/PG. But being the noob I was I got the folks at Ahlusion to give me whatever their recommended ratio was.

Having said that, during that one night when I drained 3.2 ml of the same BGB I thought it had a very solid throat hit for it's ratio and nic level. Oh, how I wish my wretched nose would man up and handle BGB. :(

I think there may be a chance one of the flavored aros like Sweet Georgia Peach or Vurley would work for you. The complimenting flavor does a lot to ease the tobacco to me. May want to wait on that though, 'til the day comes that your wanting a stronger tobacco.

As for the ratio, Ahl recommends doing 70% PG for the aros, the set ratio is just the first selection, not the recommended ratio (the selections start at the highest VG ratio available for that juice). The description of the juice usually gives the recommended ratio. I tend to get everything there at 50/50 like I do at most places, except some tobaccos I choose a higher PG option.

BecknCO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2013
Denver, CO
Hey guys! Yay new thread!

I loved burley, but VURLEY was the best thing I have ever vaped and probably will remain so. I actually think Vurley had a LOT more big tobacco taste to me and the vanilla is to die for. Whoever said this is what God Almighty probably vapes is tellin the truth! I still need to break into the devil dog, but waiting for to get my first RDA.....right now, a little 2 week old sahara blend is really nice. I totally get Ray's review now how it's sweet and dry at the same time with a little spiciness. I'm sure it will be even better in two more weeks if I can keep it that long :)

also really enjoying a month old analog - much more than even patriot. Its great to have so many quality NETS! Now I just need better hardware:D

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
My one-year-old bottle of Vurley has suffered the same fate as my nine-month-old bottle of Blue Grass Burley.

Both are dramatically tamer---mere .....cats now compared to the wild tigers they were when new. Perhaps the inferior seals on the dropper-top caps let in too much oxygen. I still have a clearo filled with the same Vurley when the juice was fresh, and that too has undergone a similar domestication, so I'm dubious that a better seal would have made much difference.

Both juices still taste the same as when they were new---which is to say, the flavor is good---but their amazing, aggressive bite has been pretty much de-fanged with age. If I buy more, I'll get the smaller 10ml bottles and be sure to vape them up faster, while they're in their prime.

BecknCO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2013
Denver, CO
Ok all these talk about vurley is tempting me. Is the tobacco base as strong as BGB

It seems stronger to me for some reason, but it's definitely different than BGB. Remember, I didn't think BGB was as bold as everyone else. It tastes like a different tobacco altogether rather than just BGB with vanilla added to it. You may, however, want to defer to Jerms, bill, or Mann for a more thorough breakdown. Friggin delicious regardless - like Vita Bella on steroids.

charlzrocks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
Hamilton, MS
Ok, I'm a newb to this thread and some of the nomenclature. However, I do have a good question for you all out there in tobacco land. Do most of the Tobacco (analog-like) juices have a slight to moderate cigar-like flavor to them or is it just the one vendor that I got 10 samles from (Parke Vapors)? Not that it's a bad thing, however I do not care for the cigar taste at all and am wondering is this the way most of the Tobacco juices taste from the "Tobacco Elite" vendors?

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Ok, I'm a newb to this thread and some of the nomenclature. However, I do have a good question for you all out there in tobacco land. Do most of the Tobacco (analog-like) juices have a slight to moderate cigar-like flavor to them or is it just the one vendor that I got 10 samles from (Parke Vapors)? Not that it's a bad thing, however I do not care for the cigar taste at all and am wondering is this the way most of the Tobacco juices taste from the "Tobacco Elite" vendors?

Hmmmm....

I'd say try Dark Horse from HHV (if you haven't). No cigar like notes there. Honestly, most cig liquids that are actually made from tobacco will not exactly taste like a cig (thank goodness), but they also shouldn't taste like a cigar since cigars are so heavily based on the taste of the wrapper.

Jerms...tag

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo

Short answer.. no, most NETs don't taste like cigars.. except the ones that are cigar extractions. Much more common is pipe tobacco extactions, but there is several cigar and cigarette extractions available too.

Long answer..

It depends on what it is you're tasting that plays as cigar-like to you. If all you've had is synthetic tobacco flavored juices, even the cigar NETs may not taste cigar-like in the way your tasting from Parke. I personally don't care for articificial cigar flavors.. they do this weird thing of tasting like what I would think a cigar tastes like, but not really tasting like a cigar at all. Cigar NETs however are usually extractions of hand-rolled premium cigars, and those can be quite good and very different from synthetic cigar flavoring.

I doubt that Parke uses cigar flavorings for all their tobaccos though (they might, I'm not familiar with their products), so I have a feeling what your describing as cigar-like is a certain flavor note that reminds you of cigar. Can you describe the part of the flavor that tastes cigar-like to you?

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
I have several more NET.com juices to try, mostly of the single extracts. I just haven't been feeling well enough to try to enjoy them of late. I have fallen behind on reviews of those that I have tasted as well.

I will say that out of the Mom & Pop eliquids I've sampled, only 2 were decent for me. 10Forty, which has a nice anise note, and TNT which is a caramel-rich RY4 type tobacco. Tobacco Absolute just doesn't satisfies like a full NET, or even a well-blended TINO. Must be that "twang."

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread