The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Natural Tobaccos - Part Deux

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by luceblueboy, Jan 27, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. charlzrocks

charlzrocks Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 28, 2012
    Hamilton, MS
    Yes, all of the juices I have tried have the cigar taste on the exhale......the tobacco is more subdued and the cigar is more prominent......when I mean cigar I mean the taste of cigar smoke plain and simple. The samples I tried all have it to some degree. I was just wondering if this is a standard.

2. charlzrocks

Dec 28, 2012
    Hamilton, MS
    I didn't care for Dark Horse at all.....it had more of an aromatic pipe tobacco taste to me. Maybe it's just that I have taste buds that are tuned to taste cigar in most tobacco vapes, I dunno. The closest I have found to my ideal tobacco taste is SI/Volt's Desert Joe (supposed to taste like a Caml). I know their juice is Chinese made but have no idea of the process. But thanks y'all for helping me out!

3. vjc0628

vjc0628 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 23, 2013
    Maryville TN
  4. vjc0628

Jul 23, 2013
    Maryville TN
    are you categorizing pipe and cigar as the same thing?

are you just looking for a cigarette type taste?

I know there are several cigarette type taste NET juices out there and have seen them mentioned

I don't remember which as it is not what I am looking for but someone can list them

5. charlzrocks

Dec 28, 2012
    Hamilton, MS
    I am looking for a cigarette like taste without the cigar and/or pipe tobacco notes. I have tried and want to stay away from the carmel/RY4 type blends as they end up all tasting alike after a while.

6. vjc0628

Jul 23, 2013
    Maryville TN
    Im sure some one will tell you which

I don't remember which ones I believe Goodejuice has one and NET.com might have 2 and maybe Want2vape

I want to make a NET.com order but seems there's something personal happening there
    as they are closed for illness at the moment

7. TexasVet

TexasVet Super Member ECF Veteran

I don't know about NEW but I got it 'cause it was recommended and the website said Limited Edition and I didn't want to miss the opportunity.

1st bottle is now 4 months old and has been very good all along the way. I guess I liked it's sweetness best compared to many others. That says nothing about the flavor but FVFRY4 is a very flavorful blend for me.

My 30ml 2nd order is now 2 months old and I suspect it will be just as satisfying, I just haven't gotten back to it. Ahlusion has been in the way lately.

I frankenjuiced a 2.5 ml tank with FVFRY4 and Halo's Tribeca last night and it is quite the unique flavor, vaping it as I write. Not put-offish at all, just a little sweeter and bolder Tribeca I would say.

Taste budds what they are, oh, here he goes again, Vita Bella, to me was well blended but a bit mild, so I prefer Organic #1 and GJ4 from GoodeJuice

But there are very more experienced opinions here, especially about the suble nuances of any juice. :)

8. jefsview

jefsview Vaping Master ECF Veteran

May 2, 2013
    Crete, Il
    1st Class Mail has been lousy, lousy -- terribly bad-lousy. It took nearly 2 weeks to receive my NY order (Kayfun clones), and about 10 days to receive another the same way (eliquid). I'm not certain if it's USPS cutbacks, or this monstrous winter weather -- 1st Class mail is horrendous. I didn't have those problems with the Priority Mail items. YMMV.

9. Mr.Mann

Mr.Mann ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 30, 2011
    All over the place
    Uh oh, is it time for another list? Hmmm...maybe I will do the "cig" types? Don't know if I will, but if someone else has the inclination and the time to do so, just say so to make sure the work isn't overlapping. We may as well and then add to it as needed. Cigars will be pretty easy too, but pipe blends will kind of run into grey areas with any kind of blends.

10. vjc0628

Jul 23, 2013
    Maryville TN
    I was just letting charlzrocks know there were like tree or 4 that are mentioned from time to time in the NET tread

for me I am not interested
    I am very happy with the Pipe and cigar types I've been getting
    from Ahlusion Good e juice want2vape

and really want to try NET.com when they open up again

11. wv2win

wv2win ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 10, 2009
    GA by way of WV
    A guy I ran into the other day vaping at an outlet mall, recommended Indigo Vapor for smooth, subtle and mildly sweet tobacco e-liquids. Has anyone tried Indigo's tobacco line and can comment on them being smooth and mild?? Here is the web site:

Tobacco

12. Blacks_n_Jacks

Blacks_n_Jacks Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 10, 2012
    MD, United States
    Hi charlzrocks, vjc had some great recommendations with NET.com and Goodejuice.

NET.com sells a Nat Sherman, which is a cigarette-like juice. Goodejuice sells Analog, another in the same vein. The Plume Room also sells M-Type -- you guessed it -- a Marlboro type vape.

13. billherbst

billherbst Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Florence, Oregon
    wv,

Yes, I have many of the Indigo tobaccos, well, three, at least---The Duke, Kick Back, and Eastwood, plus both RY4s and Santa's Sauce.

All the tobaccos are synthetics---no NETs. That said, they're good synthetics. I'm not sure I'd call them "smooth and mild," but they're very well-crafted juices. I'm not as fond of the tobaccos myself as some people are, but Indigo Classic is one of the best American Custom RY4s ever made.

14. billherbst

Supporting member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Florence, Oregon
    I'll second and third what's already been offered in response.

Analog and Wrangler Lite from GoodEJuice are straight cigarette-type NETs, as are Big Spirit (American Spirit) and NS Dark (Nat Sherman) from NET.com. Having extracted both Nat Sherman MCD and American Spirit Organic cigarettes in my own home-brewed macerations, I can attest that both specialty cigarettes make terrific, straight-ahead natural tobacco extract and juices, with no cigar or pipe notes at all, and yet they're well-blended with sufficient complexity to be interesting and satisfying, not at all one-dimensional (as is the case with some of the single-leaf extractions).

15. Jerms

Jerms Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2011
    Fargo
    By new he meant a new version that became available recently. They are using a different caramel since the one they were using was suspected to contain diacetyl. I wonder if the new FVF tastes noticably different from the previous version. I didn't like the butteriness of the caramel before so if it tastes different I want to try it again.

16. Lombaowski

Lombaowski Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 22, 2013
    DC via the 313
    We have a tier system for these now?

Awesome! Plus Bill is posting in here too!!!! :thumb:

17. rdsok

rdsok ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2012
    Norman, Ok
    The "tier" list is from billherbst... a repost from the last NT thread and just brought forward since it was the best and most complete list to date.

... Bill still posts here despite all of us picking on him from time to time and making him work at making good lists for the rest of us... :D ( sorry, couldn't resist that one )

18. Jerms

Jerms Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2011
    Fargo
    I would think coming up with a tier system would be fraught with opinion and personal preference that would be argumentative at best. But not in the hands of Bill.. the inclusions and placements have been pretty much agreed with by all here, which I think is pretty impressive. I would change a couple things based on my personal opinion, but the changes are small enough that it isn't important.

The list became out of date almost a week after it was made, because of the ever changing and growing nature of the NET market. For example, DV is no longer a vendor and new NET options have popped up. Doesn't really matter though, the meat and potatoes is in the first tier which is a great resource for rookies to show who to start with based on what they are looking for, and also a list of must-try vendors for NET aficionados. And many will find a lot to love in the second tier as well.

19. billherbst

Supporting member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Florence, Oregon
    Hiya Lomba,

Yes, I started posting in this thread soon after it began. It's my home away from home. Actually, I spend more time here at my "NET vacation cottage" than I do at my regular "RY4 residence." LOL.

20. Chinook

Chinook Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2013
    OR, USA
    I put another order for my coils with another vendor. And that shipped out of TX. The original GeJ order is still not showing up a new update. I think next time I'll pay extra $2-3 for priority mail during the cold months.

I'm not sure what happens if a "First Class Package" gets lost. Does the Post Office refund the vendor and the vendor refunds us?