billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
I would think coming up with a tier system would be fraught with opinion and personal preference that would be argumentative at best. But not in the hands of Bill.. the inclusions and placements have been pretty much agreed with by all here, which I think is pretty impressive. I would change a couple things based on my personal opinion, but the changes are small enough that it isn't important.

The list became out of date almost a week after it was made, because of the ever changing and growing nature of the NET market. For example, DV is no longer a vendor and new NET options have popped up. Doesn't really matter though, the meat and potatoes is in the first tier which is a great resource for rookies to show who to start with based on what they are looking for, and also a list of must-try vendors for NET aficionados. And many will find a lot to love in the second tier as well.

While I may have put together that NET Vendor tier-list, I regard it as in the public domain. I'm well aware that the List became obsolete about two seconds after I put it together, and I'd like the updating to be a collective effort, since I already have more than enough janitorial duties just keeping my head above water with the RY4 Lists.

So, if you're reading this, Dusty, please allow everyone here to suggest revisions/changes/updates to the list. No one needs my approval to do so. This intrepid band of NETizens is as vibrant an extended social family as I have, and communal maintenance of the NET Vendor List definitely seems the right way to go.

Plus, I'm not as up on the vaping marketplace as I was two years ago, partly because it's expanded so dramatically, partly because I have pretty much everything I need in terms of vaping, but also because my "other job" (my real career) is heating up again as the decade moves on and people get more concerned about what may be coming down the pike.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
While I may have put together that NET Vendor tier-list, I regard it as in the public domain. I'm well aware that the List became obsolete about two seconds after I put it together, and I'd like the updating to be a collective effort, since I already have more than enough janitorial duties just keeping my head above water with the RY4 Lists.

So, if you're reading this, Dusty, please allow everyone here to suggest revisions/changes/updates to the list. No one needs my approval to do so. This intrepid band of NETizens is as vibrant an extended social family as I have, and communal maintenance of the NET Vendor List definitely seems the right way to go.

Plus, I'm not as up on the vaping marketplace as I was two years ago, partly because it's expanded so dramatically, partly because I have pretty much everything I need in terms of vaping, but also because my "other job" (my real career) is heating up again as the decade moves on and people get more concerned about what may be coming down the pike.

Thanks for the permission Bill. There's many vendors that contain one or more NETs that could be added to the C tier, but for now I'd just like to make a few revisions to what's on there..

DarthVapers should be removed as they are no longer a vendor.

RiverBottom is available to purchase, so the "website coming soon" tag can be removed.

AiV has one in-house NET, 15 foot falls.

I also think that the 3 vendors in the B tier that only use commercially available TA; Moondrop, M&P, and VelvetVapors should either be in a seperate category of "notable TA vendors" or dropped a tier. That may be opening up a can of worms, so I'll drop it after this if noone agrees. I do think VelvetCloudVapor can stay in the B tier since they make their own TA. Thinking about it, I kind of strongly feel that way for numerous reasons (I won't list those reasons unless asked) but willing to drop it too lol.

Lombaowski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2013
DC via the 313
I would think coming up with a tier system would be fraught with opinion and personal preference that would be argumentative at best. But not in the hands of Bill.. the inclusions and placements have been pretty much agreed with by all here, which I think is pretty impressive. I would change a couple things based on my personal opinion, but the changes are small enough that it isn't important.

The list became out of date almost a week after it was made, because of the ever changing and growing nature of the NET market. For example, DV is no longer a vendor and new NET options have popped up. Doesn't really matter though, the meat and potatoes is in the first tier which is a great resource for rookies to show who to start with based on what they are looking for, and also a list of must-try vendors for NET aficionados. And many will find a lot to love in the second tier as well.

Well the tiers and rankings from those who have tried the various varieties are definitely helpful. I went to the Really Big RY4 Roundup thread after I ordered an RY4 that I really liked, and now I vape RY4 about 80% of the time and I'm getting the very best stuff to vape thanks to that thread.

Since tastes change over time (basically preparing for the day I might no longer love RY4), I like to keep current on flavor profiles and was a big reader (not poster) in the original NET thread. I discovered NETs by accident, I ordered the HHV juices not knowing what they were. Well I liked most of them, and loved Dragon's Fire and Huntsman, and they are now firmly in the "must have" category in my juice arsenal. I've ordered other NETs also but am still a relative newcomer, so the more information I can get leads to not only me being a more satisfied consumer, but also me being a smart consumer which leads to saving money.

For now I'll continue to follow this thread and order some of the juices recommended to see how they turn out. So thanks in advance to all those who contribute. :thumb:

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
I also think that the 3 vendors in the B tier that only use commercially available TA; Moondrop, M&P, and VelvetVapors should either be in a seperate category of "notable TA vendors" or dropped a tier. That may be opening up a can of worms, so I'll drop it after this if noone agrees. I do think VelvetCloudVapor can stay in the B tier since they make their own TA. Thinking about it, I kind of strongly feel that way for numerous reasons (I won't list those reasons unless asked) but willing to drop it too lol.

If we're looking for a consensus on this... My opinion is similar to Jerms...

I think the TA vendors should be in a category of their own since they ( TA ) aren't the same type of extraction and they aren't in-house either.... and I'm still fine for making an exception with VCV since they are making their own TA

I'm fine either way... but what Jerms mentioned seems to make sense to me

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
I put another order for my coils with another vendor. And that shipped out of TX. The original GeJ order is still not showing up a new update. I think next time I'll pay extra $2-3 for priority mail during the cold months.

I'm not sure what happens if a "First Class Package" gets lost. Does the Post Office refund the vendor and the vendor refunds us?

If you didn't purchase Insurance, you get nothing, except maybe a belated apology from the USPS if you opened up a support ticket. After the first week that mine didn't show (past the tracking delivery date), I opened up a ticket, and subscribed to get email notifications of updates to the tracking number. Suddenly it began to track again. 2 weeks after it was delivered, I finally got an official response from the USPS stating it had been delivered and sorry if it was late.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
If we're looking for a consensus on this... My opinion is similar to Jerms...

I think the TA vendors should be in a category of their own since they ( TA ) aren't the same type of extraction and they aren't in-house either.... and I'm still fine for making an exception with VCV since they are making their own TA

I'm fine either way... but what Jerms mentioned seems to make sense to me

Thanks R. While commercial TA is indeed a product made from tobacco, it's still seperate from NETs to many of us. But the main reason I brought it up is there's just so much vendors that use TA, and even the notable ones in the B tier; M&P, Moondrop, and VV, are very rarely discussed here. In fact, I think the only time VV has been mentioned is asking "do you mean Velvel Cloud Vapor or Velvet Vapor?". Someone wanting to try more NETs would be better off with C tier mentions like Cravin'Vapes than VV.

Anyways, sorry, done ranting about that.

I just received an amazing box in my mail today.. not sure how to word right what it is so I'll post on that later.

papabogart

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2013
Satis, Faction
I don't see a problem with leaving the TAs in Bill's list alone. It's not as though this thread has followed any real iron-clad rules:

I want to start a thread for those looking for real tobacco flavors rather than anything artificial/imitation. I'm not bashing any vendors that use artificial flavorings as some are very good. However, there's a few of us that still crave that quality tobacco taste (pipe, cigar, other non-cigarette tobaccos). I know there's a few of us more seasoned in the natural/organic/extracted areas, while others may be total newbies so all please chime in! Please post the vendor, liquid, what is resembles, and honest thoughts. Even if you're not a fan of one liquid someone else may be looking for that specific flavor. I call it objectional subjectivism: honesty without any ranting.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
I'll get to these..... I don't know. Two hands, one mouth, a million juices. I am excited though, from what I understand the juice from vape expo I tried that were hand-me-downs from when the the RBFS was in it's infancy, and that the methods and such have changed. While I liked them, I wasn't wowwed, maybe one or two of these will wow me now? I'm just hoping they vape a lot cleaner.

eme7ubub.jpg

johni

Extractor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Columbia, Missouri
Thanks for the permission Bill. There's many vendors that contain one or more NETs that could be added to the C tier, but for now I'd just like to make a few revisions to what's on there..

DarthVapers should be removed as they are no longer a vendor.

RiverBottom is available to purchase, so the "website coming soon" tag can be removed.

AiV has one in-house NET, 15 foot falls.

Agree 100% with Jerms and really like the idea of a "notable TA vendors" category.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Agree 100% with Jerms and really like the idea of a "notable TA vendors" category.

IMO, what would make them "notable" is if they accomplish these three things:

1) They make their liquids in such a way as to highlight the TA (though this could be a judgement call).

2) They have more than just one, two, three, RY4, and 555 in their tobacco category (like how M&P do it).

3) They actually admit to using it. Velvet Vapors (not Velvet Cloud Vapors) use TA in all their tobaccos, but I know that because they told me.

Frankly though, I am about done questioning vendors about what they use or don't use. If it says something on the site that is easily misleading I may inquire further, but I am tired of the way they get away with their wording. "Hand-mixed natural tobacco flavor" anyone? :facepalm:

Last edited:

MasterBlaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Detroit
www.nightstalkerproductions.com
I just got some of that Riverbottom Fog Sauce (the Fabulous and Burley) and its pretty good. I like the Poet and Scholar better. However I'm not a huge NET fan but this stuff is growing on me. From what I understand from the owners of the B&M where I purchased it they told me that the owner of Riverbottom travels across the country to hand pick select tobacco leaves himself to insure they are of the top most quality and more importantly free of any type of pesticides so thats a good thing for starters. As for his whole extraction process im not sure but yeah its pretty darn good.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Hey everyone, glad I found Part Deux. I just got some mail, Legend and Huntsman. Any recommendations on steep time for these?

I like HHV pretty much straight from the mailbox. They will improve with time though, especially Huntsman after a month. I'd suggest trying them both now or after a standard couple days for mixed-to-order juice to get it's act together.

"Hand-mixed natural tobacco flavor"

O boy lol. I would run from a description like that.

I just got some of that Riverbottom Fog Sauce (the Fabulous and Burley) and its pretty good. I like the Poet and Scholar better. However I'm not a huge NET fan but this stuff is growing on me. From what I understand from the owners of the B&M where I purchased it they told me that the owner of Riverbottom travels across the country to hand pick select tobacco leaves himself to insure they are of the top most quality and more importantly free of any type of pesticides so thats a good thing for starters. As for his whole extraction process im not sure but yeah its pretty darn good.

I'm really looking forward to St James Parish. I haven't had a straight Perique NET since Natural Perique from GeJ a LONG time ago.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
I'm really looking forward to St James Parish. I haven't had a straight Perique NET since Natural Perique from GeJ a LONG time ago.

I still have a quarter bottle from last year. It should be coming up on a year soon, I think.. ;)

I'm going to savour it one of these days..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
How do you guys ever keep bottles around for so long.... I'm either MUST-TAKE-SHOTS-AND-SHOTS-OF-YOU-WITH-MY-NOSTILS or away-with-you-to-the-corner-of-shame-and-never-see-the-light-of-day-again.

My longest controlled steep was 3 weeks, and that's after cheating and taking a few drops here and there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
How do you guys ever keep bottles around for so long.... I'm either MUST-TAKE-SHOTS-AND-SHOTS-OF-YOU-WITH-MY-NOSTILS or away-with-you-to-the-corner-of-shame-and-never-see-the-light-of-day-again.

My longest controlled steep was 3 weeks, and that's after cheating and taking a few drops here and there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last count I was sitting on around 750 ml of juice from some of my favourite vendors.. It's easy when you have multiple bottles going through a long steep. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread