Not open for further replies.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Has anyone here heard of Boardroom Vapor? I saw someone mention them in a group I am in, but I cannot find any detailed information on whether they are NET's or not. The descriptions on some of their flavors describe having Burley, Perique, etc., which make me think they are NET's.

Mt Vaper Baker and other vendors are selling them. Some of the reviews are mediocre. One of the reviews said it has a cheap after shave smell.

It's hard to tell if they are a NET but the fact that they mention varietals could be an indication. I can't find a site devoted to the brand.

In any event, some non NET 'TINOs' are very nice. I've had many over the years and some were among my favourite vapes. Ahlusion is a key example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
I have been enjoying this extraction for a long time and as recently as all day, off and on, yesterday:

Profile:
tobacco: Latakia, Perique, Turkish, Virginia
Style: English
Room Note: 4 - Distinct
Cut: Ribbon
Packaging: Tin
Country of Origin: United States
Flavor Intensity: 4 - Distinct
Brand: Cornell & Diehl
Less Details
Click the icons below for product information.
Cornell & Diehl Joie de Vivre

https://www.pipesandcigars.com/p/cornell-diehl-joie-de-vivre-pipe-tobacco/1482295/#Customer Reviews

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Okay guys I am considering wading gently into NET.com so I don't drown this time.

I am going to order just 6 or 7 15 ml bottles on a 'trial' basis.

Anyone have any recent experience with NET.com juices? What's tasting good and are did you get heat maceration or cold maceration?

• Optimistic
Reactions: checkum

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
I'm not sure what to tell you. You and I have talked about it. I'm a bit disappointed in NET.com recently, sad to say. I still love them. But, a couple of the recent flavors have been lacking in anything but tobacco, which in itself is always good, but that's not what I ordered. Second, their bottles have gotten crappy. The push and twist bit didn't work; the nozzle piece cracked because I had to push too hard. I tossed one bottle half full because I had nowhere to put the juice and it poured on my tank and hands and counter when I was refilling. Not good.
I emailed them and didn't ask for anything, just told them they should know. No reply in a week. Not good.
I ordered two sampler packs from RTE, one the liquor one and the other the fruit one.
The Cowboy Coffee is delicious, so is the Italian Plum. I found the Cognac Burley a bit sharp, but so is Cognac, so chalk it up to my preferences. The taste was right on. The Rum Burley was very nice. A bit sweeter and less sharp than the Cognac. But, I like my liquids sweeter, so that was good.
I'll post again when I've tried the other flavors.
But, so far so good.
That plus that Evan called me out of the blue to ask how I liked the juices. I understand that that is in his best interest, but I've never been asked so directly, and I like that. Nice guy and we had a pleasant chat about flavors, booze etc. etc.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I'm not sure what to tell you. You and I have talked about it. I'm a bit disappointed in NET.com recently, sad to say. I still love them. But, a couple of the recent flavors have been lacking in anything but tobacco, which in itself is always good, but that's not what I ordered. Second, their bottles have gotten crappy. The push and twist bit didn't work; the nozzle piece cracked because I had to push too hard. I tossed one bottle half full because I had nowhere to put the juice and it poured on my tank and hands and counter when I was refilling. Not good.
I emailed them and didn't ask for anything, just told them they should know. No reply in a week. Not good.
I ordered two sampler packs from RTE, one the liquor one and the other the fruit one.
The Cowboy Coffee is delicious, so is the Italian Plum. I found the Cognac Burley a bit sharp, but so is Cognac, so chalk it up to my preferences. The taste was right on. The Rum Burley was very nice. A bit sweeter and less sharp than the Cognac. But, I like my liquids sweeter, so that was good.
I'll post again when I've tried the other flavors.
But, so far so good.
That plus that Evan called me out of the blue to ask how I liked the juices. I understand that that is in his best interest, but I've never been asked so directly, and I like that. Nice guy and we had a pleasant chat about flavors, booze etc. etc.

Very informative response. Thanks for taking the time :)

I am vaping Italian Plum at the moment and have recently finished a bottle of cognac burley. I found the cognac burley a bit sharp too but quite enjoyable when I needed a good nicotine hit. I don't think my nicotine needs are what they used to be. The Cowboy has quite a hit too.

As for NET.com, I had the same bottle issues with the plastic bottles.

I notice that most of the juices are still heat Mac and only a few are cold Mac. I will definitely
order normal extract. I used to order extra extract back when I was still smoking cigarettes occasionally but I think my tastes have changed and I don't require such a robust hit of tobacco.

I've also noticed that some very recent reviews in the individual juices are 5 star and full of praise and some of those rated so highly where the ones I had the most problems with.

I'm so perplexed! Lol

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
There's no need to thank me for my time, as you've been very generous with yours in many places here!
You said you were trying the Italian Plum, but didn't say what you thought of it. Tell us.

I still think that when NET is "on" their flavors are great. The RTE's certainly are cleaner in the sense that they don't gunk nearly as fast. I've been vaping the RTE's in Kabuki tanks with the Aspire coils. I would never have done that with NETs, as I would have had to toss the coil with each refill. I think I'm getting easily three times as long.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
There's no need to thank me for my time, as you've been very generous with yours in many places here!
You said you were trying the Italian Plum, but didn't say what you thought of it. Tell us.

I still think that when NET is "on" their flavors are great. The RTE's certainly are cleaner in the sense that they don't gunk nearly as fast. I've been vaping the RTE's in Kabuki tanks with the Aspire coils. I would never have done that with NETs, as I would have had to toss the coil with each refill. I think I'm getting easily three times as long.

The plum in italian plum isn't as flavourful as I expected. It's more like a background note. Maybe I have let it steep too long. Fruit hybrids tend to be better fresh. Over the long period, fruits and deserts in hybrid NETs tend to fade and the tobacco matures and comes to the fore. I don't know what the Italian plum would have been like fresh but I was expecting a fruity, fresh, vibrant plum flavor. I'm getting more dried plum as a background note.

I wasn't a fan on the liquor hybrids. I wanted the cognac, bourbon and Scotch hybrids to have more of a front and centre role in the flavour.

Speaking of RTE, I am currently vaping red Virginia at 12mg in an old evod with a fresh protank coil and it's very good. The tobacco is clean but pronounced.

The RTE juices I am liking the most are Red Virginia, Turkish, Cowboy, Nicaragua, Dominican and the Havana 1 and 2.

migosu

Unresolved Status
Apr 9, 2018
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
Hello every one

let me introduce myself, I’m a Cuban guy, regular Cuban cigarette smoker, but i moved to US in 2012 and I decided to quit, cause i was starting a new life here, so i wanted to get rid of bad habits, and besides I didn’t get used to American cigarettes, cause I felt they were too soft for me, (I tried pretty much all brands) and I was used to smoke Cuban cigarettes (from real Cuban tobacco leaves) and….. anyway, so i switched to vaping cause I was craving for Cuban cigarette flavor (impossible to get here in America) and in the other hand I was quitting smoking AND I found these guys juice4vaping.com

First I ordered Cubano Tobacco flavor, cause I was expecting to get a Cuban cigarette flavor, but I didn’t like it too much cause it tasted like the REAL Cuban Tobacco, too strong for me, so I choose their Common Cigarette Flavor –Holly Molly Guacamole- I was vaping the real thing, the real cigarette flavor I was looking for, it’s like a mixture of Marlboro and Newport…. amazing, and the I get a little bored of it and now days I’m in between that one and M-type premium flavor but I’m still with them

I should charge juice4vaping.com cause I’m doing free promotion here hahaha

Welcome to our little corner! Lots of experienced people here with lots of opinions.

However, I took a look at the site you linked and I'm afraid it's not for me as they seem to all be synthetic flavors. In their description of Common Cigarette, they say "We are not using Tabanone from China, since the purity of the product does not seem to be as high as the Tabanon from Symrise (Germany)."

I wasn't sure what that was as I hadn't run into it. But after some research I find it's flavoring agent 4-(2-butenylidene)-3,5,5-trimethylcyclohex-2-en-1-one

I realize that tobacco leaves have a chemical composition also, but I've never seen such a description for NETs and have never heard of tobacco extracts being sold by a perfume/flavoring company. If I'm missing something I will profusely apologize.

• Agree

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
I've never seen such a description for NETs and have never heard of tobacco extracts being sold by a perfume/flavoring company.

TA or tobacco absolute is actually a tobacco extract that is ( originally and ) commonly used in the perfume industry. It's oil based extract instead of water soluble and has been discussed extensively in the past. From what I recall, it has a more "ashtray" like flavor and had been commonly used in the Chinese flavorings most here would recognize but I can't recall their name brands off of the top of my head ATM.

Reactions: AnthonyB

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
TA or tobacco absolute is actually a tobacco extract that is ( originally and ) commonly used in the perfume industry. It's oil based extract instead of water soluble and has been discussed extensively in the past. From what I recall, it has a more "ashtray" like flavor and had been commonly used in the Chinese flavorings most here would recognize but I can't recall their name brands off of the top of my head ATM.

Good to know. As always, this is a great place for learning things. But now I'm wondering about the oil-based thing. I think I need to learn more about oil vapor and the lungs as everything I've read so far states it is NOT a good match.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Good to know. As always, this is a great place for learning things. But now I'm wondering about the oil-based thing. I think I need to learn more about oil vapor and the lungs as everything I've read so far states it is NOT a good match.

There is a lot of info on the various extraction process throughout this thread as well as the original thread that this one was extended from... of course, other threads also contain a lot of info beyond what was discussed in these two that primarily focused just on NET style e-liquids.

Natural Tobaccos ( original thread started by luceblueboy back in March 2012 )

Natural Tobaccos - Part Deux - ( first post of this thread )

Reactions: AnthonyB

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
Free Shipping on orders over $79 My Account Help

Home Pipes Pipe Tobacco Cigars Accessories Value Tobacco
Hearth & Home

Hearth & Home is best known for creating tobaccos that are full of flavor, aroma and burning characteristics. Master blender Russ Ouellette has carefully handcrafted each blend and they've been enjoyed thoroughly by our P&C Faithful. One of the all-day smoking bulk tobaccos to come out of the Signature Series is 10 to Midnight. A dark, full Balkan-style tobacco containing bright and matured Carolina and Virginias, a healthy mixture of Turkish and Orientals, and plenty of flavorful, fragrant Latakia. This blend is perfect after a long 9 to 5 day with a nice strong glass of single-malt scotch or bourbon. If you fill your pipe daily with this blend or have always wanted to try it, this is a perfect time. Currently, you can purchase 10 to Midnight bulk pipe tobacco during our Bulk-A-Thon which will give you 15% off your order! Just add the promo code BULK15 to the cart. Best way to stock up on your favorite late night smoking tobacco.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia

Hangsen and Dekang

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Another weekend...

cut down to size ... :D

mowing-the-lawn-smiley-emoticon.gif

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Too late... already looked it up and posted the same day I mentioned not recalling the names ... :D

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I noticed lol

I did enjoy a bit of both back around 2010. I wonder how my palate might receive these flavours nowadays.

Reactions: rdsok

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Okay people, let's do a compass orientation regarding NETs in 2018.

What are your favorite NETs so far this year and what setup are you vaping them in?

What about non-tobacco based liquids that taste like tobacco (TINOs) ?

I will get the ball rolling.

So far this year I've been enjoying Real Tobacco Extracts (RTE). After exhausting my supplies of NET.com and HHV I decided to take a break from those.

The RTEs I've been enjoying most are Nicaragua, Dominican, Red Virginia, Cowboy and Turkish.

While I use Sub-ohm devices for non-NET liquids I am still using older MTL devices over 1.0 ohms for NETs. I rotate evods and aerotank minis with the Berserker and a Taifun clone. Surprisingly, the older Protank devices still taste better than most pod mods out there.

• Informative

luceblueboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Ohio
My newest venture was Stixx Mixx H Primed cigar extract. The extract is very clean and didn’t wreck coils too quickly.

I tried the liquid in multiple ways and mixes. I have a max VG version I used in a squonker and RTA with temperature control. I also made a 50/50 version with nicotine salts to test if NETs have a great place in that demographic.

The squonker was good. It was a test to see if squonking could beat out my DNA 75C device. TC won by a landslide. TC with SS has been wonderful with all forms of vaping and the H Primed performed wonderfully.

As for the nicotine salt version the Suorin iShare pod did not hold up very well. The pod had been previously and tasted burnt way too fast.

My next experiment will be with the Innokin Zenith tank. As I have had great success with nicotine salts so far I believe the extract will work well. The coils are much cheaper than the iShare. At .8 and 1.6ohm coils NETs can be enjoyed from 10-18W.

My current favorite setups are my DNA 75C Therion with my Geekvape Blitzen RTA, 420 degrees and 30-50w. My other favorite is my Innokin Zenith tank with the 1.6ohm coil and 12w.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
My newest venture was Stixx Mixx H Primed cigar extract. The extract is very clean and didn’t wreck coils too quickly.

I tried the liquid in multiple ways and mixes. I have a max VG version I used in a squonker and RTA with temperature control. I also made a 50/50 version with nicotine salts to test if NETs have a great place in that demographic.

The squonker was good. It was a test to see if squonking could beat out my DNA 75C device. TC won by a landslide. TC with SS has been wonderful with all forms of vaping and the H Primed performed wonderfully.

As for the nicotine salt version the Suorin iShare pod did not hold up very well. The pod had been previously and tasted burnt way too fast.

My next experiment will be with the Innokin Zenith tank. As I have had great success with nicotine salts so far I believe the extract will work well. The coils are much cheaper than the iShare. At .8 and 1.6ohm coils NETs can be enjoyed from 10-18W.

My current favorite setups are my DNA 75C Therion with my Geekvape Blitzen RTA, 420 degrees and 30-50w. My other favorite is my Innokin Zenith tank with the 1.6ohm coil and 12w.

Look who it is! Our group founder. Good to hear from you. I wasn't sure if you were still vaping because you were going to quit vaping a few years ago and sold all your vape Gear.

What is stixx mixx h primed cigar? Is it a NET?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread