Status
Not open for further replies.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Yup. Still vaping NETs, though not always.
My last order from NET.com was hit and miss. Several were as great as I remember; a couple of others were quite bland (getting the tobacco but not the other flavors.) And a couple of the bottle tops (on the 15ml plastic bottles) were impossible to get off easily.

s.Charles

Unresolved Status
Feb 3, 2018
www.eliquids.ml
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

morningdew

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
People's Republic of Stroud
Okay all what are we vaping these days? Who is still vaping NETs and who isn't ? Which vendors are still at the top of their game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't say I've had an issue with net.com. Have just taken delivery of a good few months worth and all tried so far are delicious. Mercenary, Ruins, Raven, Yesteryear and Fistful of Burley from the cigar range. Fire Cured Burley, Red Virginia, Izmir Priental and Cigar Leaf from varietals. Been mixing up the varietals for daytime and cigars in evening. Just on a mix of 50% Izmir, 30% Red Virginia, 15% Cigar Leaf and Fire Cured Burley - really really good, closest I've got so far to a Camel. The cigar leaf adds some nice depth, smokiness and complexity. Possibly, like hops and grapes, tobacco can vary year on year?

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Yup. Still vaping NETs, though not always.
My last order from NET.com was hit and miss. Several were as great as I remember; a couple of others were quite bland (getting the tobacco but not the other flavors.) And a couple of the bottle tops (on the 15ml plastic bottles) were impossible to get off easily.

Yup. I got more Miss than hit with my last NET.com order and brought it up with Clay. He needs a reset and should go back to whatever he was doing in the early years. I remember how good NET.com was in the early years.

I had bottle top issues too with the plastic 15 ml bottles.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Can't say I've had an issue with net.com. Have just taken delivery of a good few months worth and all tried so far are delicious. Mercenary, Ruins, Raven, Yesteryear and Fistful of Burley from the cigar range. Fire Cured Burley, Red Virginia, Izmir Priental and Cigar Leaf from varietals. Been mixing up the varietals for daytime and cigars in evening. Just on a mix of 50% Izmir, 30% Red Virginia, 15% Cigar Leaf and Fire Cured Burley - really really good, closest I've got so far to a Camel. The cigar leaf adds some nice depth, smokiness and complexity. Possibly, like hops and grapes, tobacco can vary year on year?

I had about 2/3rds of the juices you mentioned above and didn't have that experience. Mercenery, Ruins and raven were some of the most disappointing. However I got Ruins and Raven in 2016 and they were tremendously good then.

Have you been buying the extracts or mixed juices? I've always purchased the mixed juices and that could be where the problem is. An extract with no nicotine in it will have a longer shelf life than a mixed juice.

Maybe I should get some extracts in my next order.

morningdew

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
People's Republic of Stroud
I had about 2/3rds of the juices you mentioned above and didn't have that experience. Mercenery, Ruins and raven were some of the most disappointing. However I got Ruins and Raven in 2016 and they were tremendously good then.

Have you been buying the extracts or mixed juices? I've always purchased the mixed juices and that could be where the problem is. An extract with no nicotine in it will have a longer shelf life than a mixed juice.

Maybe I should get some extracts in my next order.

All mixed juices here. Did you ask Clay about this, edit - just saw you did. What did he say?

Reactions: stols001

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
All mixed juices here. Did you ask Clay about this, edit - just saw you did. What did he say?

In a nutshell he said nothing changed with production and he continues to use high levels
of quality control. He said it may be my taste buds.

I am going to wade back in with an order very soon.

Reactions: stols001

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
In a nutshell he said nothing changed with production and he continues to use high levels
of quality control. He said it may be my taste buds.

I am going to wade back in with an order very soon.

I'm sure you know what is what out there ;)

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I'm sure you know what is what out there ;)

Speaking of which, Patriot from Goodejuice has changed, in my opinion, for the worst. It's still a great vape but it's just not the same woodsy concoction it used to be. Now it has almost a chocolately Earthy flavour with what my brain is picking up as almost a wine or burgundy note. Old Patriot was one of my favorite juices and it was arguably the most popular juices in the NET world. It still resonates the old Patriot but it's not old Patriot.

Wild Turkey, fire cured and organic still taste as I remembered them. Analog and shade are also very good.

Commercial NETs have had a difficult time in the last few years. In just a few short years we've seen ahlusion turn our much beloved NETs into synthetic equivalents, we saw Heathers Heavenly Vapes turn out very inconsistent batches of Serendipity, Legend, Pirates Booty and other widely regarded juices, we saw MyVapeJuice, Nikoticket, River Bottom Fog Sauce and Ethervapes close down, and quality waning or being inconsistent with our favorite vendors.

Black note seems to be the sole survivor at the moment in terms of an established and popular NET business in the marketplace and consistency and quality of product.

My main go-to NETs right now are Real Tobacco Extracts and Heathers Heavenly Vapes. The Dragons Fire is my current favorite among the HHV I ordered. The Red Virginia, Cowboy, Turkish, Havana 1 and English Blend are my favorites from RTE.

I have also been vaping the Kindjuice NETs. These are great renditions of NETs. I consider them to be more hybrid, complex and flavorful blends designed for wide appeal rather than cater to NET Purists.

Finally, I've been vaping Vaperite again. Talk about going full circle. Vaperite was my first order for NETs about 7 or 8 years ago. Their Oak Barrel and Vr4 are great after a steep of a few months.

Last edited:

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
Speaking of which, Patriot from Goodejuice has changed, in my opinion, for the worst. It's still a great vape but it's just not the same woodsy concoction it used to be. Now it has almost a chocolately Earthy flavour with what my brain is picking up as almost a wine or burgundy note. Old Patriot was one of my favorite juices and it was arguably the most popular juices in the NET world. It still resonates the old Patriot but it's not old Patriot.

Wild Turkey, fire cured and organic still taste as I remembered them. Analog and shade are also very good.

Commercial NETs have had a difficult time in the last few years. In just a few short years we've seen ahlusion turn our much beloved NETs into synthetic equivalents, we saw Heathers Heavenly Vapes turn out very inconsistent batches of Serendipity, Legend, Pirates Booty and other widely regarded juices, we saw MyVapeJuice, Nikoticket, River Bottom Fog Sauce and Ethervapes close down, and quality waning or being inconsistent with our favorite vendors.

Black note seems to be the sole survivor at the moment in terms of an established and popular NET business in the marketplace and consistency and quality of product.

My main go-to NETs right now are Real Tobacco Extracts and Heathers Heavenly Vapes. The Dragons Fire is my current favorite among the HHV I ordered. The Red Virginia, Cowboy, Turkish, Havana 1 and English Blend are my favorites from RTE.

I have also been vaping the Kindjuice NETs. These are great renditions of NETs. I consider them to be more hybrid, complex and flavorful blends designed for wide appeal rather than cater to NET Purists.

Finally, I've been vaping Vaperite again. Talk about going full circle. Vaperite was my first order for NETs about 7 or 8 years ago. Their Oak Barrel and Vr4 are great after a steep of a few months.

An excellent compilation of nets and net vendors out there, as you have experienced them. We can gain much from your experience with various nets and net vendors. This could help steer us in making our own decisions, according to our personal tastes, when a purchase is deemed necessary, AnthonyB. :thumb:

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central

My low power MTL style means I don't blast through juice. Sadly, I just finished off the last of my RBFS and still have some MVJ I'm enjoying. Though the amazingly long steep they've been through has lessened the flavor, I was/am still able to enjoy them. That they are still good juices after all this time says a lot about the standards they were originally produced with.

I've never tried Black Note but got a few bottles of Real Tobacco (which were discounted when they first opened). It was very good juice. But the $1 per ml price of both brands is a price I will not accept. I've had no problems whatsoever with N.E.T and still prefer Clay's mixing anyhow.

BoilerGuy

Unresolved Status
Sep 13, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
I don't think I ever paid the $1/ml for Real Extracts. I have used this forum's discount code ECF20 for 20% off for years. With the free priority shipping I think the price is pretty good considering the quality of these tobacco extracts. I like them better than black note.

Thanks for that very useful information. I wasn't aware of the code and it changes things quite a bit.

Reactions: AnthonyB

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
An excellent compilation of nets and net vendors out there, as you have experienced them. We can gain much from your experience with various nets and net vendors. This could help steer us in making our own decisions, according to our personal tastes, when a purchase is deemed necessary, AnthonyB. :thumb:

Thanks my friend.

I've never had much success at extracting my own NETs. I am too busy and don't have enough of a careful, patient hand for the art. I've always therefore relied on commercial NETs.

I'm hoping with the advent of pod mods and improved forecasts regarding regulation, that NETs might make a resurgence.

Reactions: checkum

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
MOV is the only juice vendor I buy from on the rare occasion when I do go for commercial juice. Full Flake, Americano and White Leaf have been consistently good to my taste anyway.

Oh I used to love MOV back in the day. I tried to put in an order a few months ago and was disappointed to learn they stopped delivering internationally. I never did get to try Sunday Morning or Americano but I enjoyed Pendragon, Apache and that other one with the Latakia and burley who's name I've forgotten for the moment. It was a signature NET and embodied all the great things about NET vaping. It was clean, and balanced the burley, Virginia and Latakia really well.

Quicknicjuice used to be right up there with the best as well. The Havana daydream was sensational. I remember it being a rich robust clean cigar taste.

I haven't had any juices from either vendor in 5 years.

• Agree
Reactions: checkum

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Thanks for that very useful information. I wasn't aware of the code and it changes things quite a bit.

I recall the vendor of RTE throwing in an extra bottle if a customer orders 4 or 5 as well which brings down the price overall. The best way to get a good deal with RTE is to email the vendor.

Reactions: GeekyGeezer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread