The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Natural Tobaccos - Part Deux

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by luceblueboy, Jan 27, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. morningdew

morningdew Super Member ECF Veteran

Would also add have had some lovely Puros from absoluteToro.com lately. Less of a coil killer as well. Not cheap but cheaper than Black Note.

• Like Like x 2
  2. AnthonyB

AnthonyB Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 5, 2010
    Sydney Australia
    Yup. I got more Miss than hit with my last NET.com order and brought it up with Clay. He needs a reset and should go back to whatever he was doing in the early years. I remember how good NET.com was in the early years.

I had bottle top issues too with the plastic 15 ml bottles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. AnthonyB

Supporting member
    Jul 5, 2010
    Sydney Australia
    I had about 2/3rds of the juices you mentioned above and didn't have that experience. Mercenery, Ruins and raven were some of the most disappointing. However I got Ruins and Raven in 2016 and they were tremendously good then.

Have you been buying the extracts or mixed juices? I've always purchased the mixed juices and that could be where the problem is. An extract with no nicotine in it will have a longer shelf life than a mixed juice.

Maybe I should get some extracts in my next order.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. morningdew

All mixed juices here. Did you ask Clay about this, edit - just saw you did. What did he say?

• Like Like x 1
  5. AnthonyB

Supporting member
    Jul 5, 2010
    Sydney Australia
    In a nutshell he said nothing changed with production and he continues to use high levels
    of quality control. He said it may be my taste buds.

I am going to wade back in with an order very soon.

• Like Like x 1
  6. newyork13

newyork13 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 9, 2013
    western Massachusetts
    Nah. It isn't your tastebuds. I've experienced, as I've mentioned to you, a lot more inconsistency in NET's juices than before.
    That said, when they're on target then they're great.
    I'll still buy from him.

• Like Like x 3
  7. checkum

checkum Super Member ECF Veteran

May 8, 2014
    Missouri, USA
    I'm sure you know what is what out there ;)

• Like Like x 3
  8. AnthonyB

Supporting member
    Jul 5, 2010
    Sydney Australia
    Speaking of which, Patriot from Goodejuice has changed, in my opinion, for the worst. It's still a great vape but it's just not the same woodsy concoction it used to be. Now it has almost a chocolately Earthy flavour with what my brain is picking up as almost a wine or burgundy note. Old Patriot was one of my favorite juices and it was arguably the most popular juices in the NET world. It still resonates the old Patriot but it's not old Patriot.

Wild Turkey, fire cured and organic still taste as I remembered them. Analog and shade are also very good.

Commercial NETs have had a difficult time in the last few years. In just a few short years we've seen ahlusion turn our much beloved NETs into synthetic equivalents, we saw Heathers Heavenly Vapes turn out very inconsistent batches of Serendipity, Legend, Pirates Booty and other widely regarded juices, we saw MyVapeJuice, Nikoticket, River Bottom Fog Sauce and Ethervapes close down, and quality waning or being inconsistent with our favorite vendors.

Black note seems to be the sole survivor at the moment in terms of an established and popular NET business in the marketplace and consistency and quality of product.

My main go-to NETs right now are Real Tobacco Extracts and Heathers Heavenly Vapes. The Dragons Fire is my current favorite among the HHV I ordered. The Red Virginia, Cowboy, Turkish, Havana 1 and English Blend are my favorites from RTE.

I have also been vaping the Kindjuice NETs. These are great renditions of NETs. I consider them to be more hybrid, complex and flavorful blends designed for wide appeal rather than cater to NET Purists.

Finally, I've been vaping Vaperite again. Talk about going full circle. Vaperite was my first order for NETs about 7 or 8 years ago. Their Oak Barrel and Vr4 are great after a steep of a few months.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  9. checkum

checkum Super Member ECF Veteran

May 8, 2014
    Missouri, USA
    An excellent compilation of nets and net vendors out there, as you have experienced them. We can gain much from your experience with various nets and net vendors. This could help steer us in making our own decisions, according to our personal tastes, when a purchase is deemed necessary, AnthonyB. :thumb:

• Like Like x 2
  10. GeekyGeezer

GeekyGeezer Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 14, 2015
    Missouri
    My low power MTL style means I don't blast through juice. Sadly, I just finished off the last of my RBFS and still have some MVJ I'm enjoying. Though the amazingly long steep they've been through has lessened the flavor, I was/am still able to enjoy them. That they are still good juices after all this time says a lot about the standards they were originally produced with.

I've never tried Black Note but got a few bottles of Real Tobacco (which were discounted when they first opened). It was very good juice. But the $1 per ml price of both brands is a price I will not accept. I've had no problems whatsoever with N.E.T and still prefer Clay's mixing anyhow.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. BoilerGuy

BoilerGuy Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 13, 2016
    I don't think I ever paid the $1/ml for Real Extracts. I have used this forum's discount code ECF20 for 20% off for years. With the free priority shipping I think the price is pretty good considering the quality of these tobacco extracts. I like them better than black note.

• Like Like x 1
  12. boomerdude

boomerdude Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

MOV is the only juice vendor I buy from on the rare occasion when I do go for commercial juice. Full Flake, Americano and White Leaf have been consistently good to my taste anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  13. GeekyGeezer

GeekyGeezer Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 14, 2015
    Missouri
    Thanks for that very useful information. I wasn't aware of the code and it changes things quite a bit.

• Like Like x 1
  14. AnthonyB

Supporting member
    Jul 5, 2010
    Sydney Australia
    Thanks my friend.

I've never had much success at extracting my own NETs. I am too busy and don't have enough of a careful, patient hand for the art. I've always therefore relied on commercial NETs.

I'm hoping with the advent of pod mods and improved forecasts regarding regulation, that NETs might make a resurgence.

• Like Like x 1
  15. AnthonyB

Supporting member
    Jul 5, 2010
    Sydney Australia
    Oh I used to love MOV back in the day. I tried to put in an order a few months ago and was disappointed to learn they stopped delivering internationally. I never did get to try Sunday Morning or Americano but I enjoyed Pendragon, Apache and that other one with the Latakia and burley who's name I've forgotten for the moment. It was a signature NET and embodied all the great things about NET vaping. It was clean, and balanced the burley, Virginia and Latakia really well.

Quicknicjuice used to be right up there with the best as well. The Havana daydream was sensational. I remember it being a rich robust clean cigar taste.

I haven't had any juices from either vendor in 5 years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. AnthonyB

Supporting member
    Jul 5, 2010
    Sydney Australia
    I recall the vendor of RTE throwing in an extra bottle if a customer orders 4 or 5 as well which brings down the price overall. The best way to get a good deal with RTE is to email the vendor.

• Like Like x 1
  17. AnthonyB

Supporting member
    Jul 5, 2010
    Sydney Australia
    For the record folks, I've discovered that Vash from Ethervapes is still producing NETs and selling them through Facebook.

Confederate and Bali shag were two of my favorites.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. morningdew

Yep. Working my way through my latest N.E.T. order and no problems at all. I buy in bulk, using my discount from previous order, and even with shipping to UK price is around £2.80 per 10ml (edited sterling and not dollars!). I tend to go for double packs of 120ml which also helps keep the cost down. Never tried RTE, could never justify their prices. For me there's no discernible difference in juices from N.E.T. today or 3 years ago. Then again I find no difference in steeping a juice either.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. boomerdude

boomerdude Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

20. tgs3

tgs3 Senior Member

Supporting member
    Aug 3, 2017
    Brooklyn, NY
    I have had no problem with NET.com and I order often. Their service, in my experience, is great. I haven't always liked what I ordered, but I am relatively new to vaping and am still in the process of determining what I like. I am vaping 'organic spirit', 'coventry' and 'dover court' from NET.com and will continue to order those in the quantity of 15ml.

I do like RY4 flavors and have recently been vaping some non-NET, non-WTA RY4 liquids. Most of them are good, but there does seem to be something missing. I plan to order a RY4 from HHV today. However, since I am now down to a pack of analogs a month, I am vaping much more - and price wise, NETs and WTAs are a bit on the high side.

• Like Like x 1