Natural Tobaccos - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
I think I am getting to the point where I will likely just extract my own flavored tobacco for sweet Vapes, straight up tobacco blends for tobacco flavors, and say to he!! with the rest of the world.

(Did I mention my 60th birthday is coming up ?)
czUuZFF.jpg

Happy birthday, you and your husband look happy in the photo.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
You are a dinosaur lol

I haven’t heard people refer to nicotine levels that high since 2010. Back in 2010 it was commonly thought that 18 mg was moderate nicotine levels and 24 was on the strong side. I remember 36 mg nicotine in juices. I got some juices at 36mg back in the day.

Maybe toy should buy unflavoured Nic and mix your juices to your desired Nic level? Few vendors sell flavoured pre-mixed juices at 24mg anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes DIY is something i have tried, but need to get into it more seriously. I have always been so picky on flavors that I keep putting off DIY, because I know I cant replicate what I buy now (and what I buy now took years to find). I basically buy all my juices from hhv (nets) with the exception of bobas , uncle cutty from indigo , and occasionally goodejuice and Tribeca from halo .(that one I made, easy recipe). All those vendors do carry 24 and hhv actually does 36mg. I am a dinosaur, because I still vape the same . If you minus the couple years I did genesis attys at 24mg, I have been vaping rtas since 2012 and my vaping style hasn't changed one bit, so I still vape 24mg. I think most have changed mgs because they have changed their vaping style. Perhaps they started at 24mg, but that was a vivi nova or cart, or other drop ins, so when they went to rtas, they dropped. Or they started mtl at high mg, but now do sub ohm and dropped....yes, either way there's not to many that started with one particular set up and have stayed there...[emoji3073]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia

boomerdude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I think I am getting to the point where I will likely just extract my own flavored tobacco for sweet Vapes, straight up tobacco blends for tobacco flavors, and say to he!! with the rest of the world.

(Did I mention my 60th birthday is coming up ?)
czUuZFF.jpg
Young whippersnapper, I'll hit sixty-nine in September. Still mixing my own NET's. Cheap and tasty. I have collected a ton of NET juice recipes. Let me know what makes your taste buds happy and I can post a recipe.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Young whippersnapper, I'll hit sixty-nine in September. Still mixing my own NET's. Cheap and tasty. I have collected a ton of NET juice recipes. Let me know what makes your taste buds happy and I can post a recipe.

I have maybe six or seven strait NET's that I like. Several flavored, and several unflavored blends.
Decatur Black Cherry has replaced Gandalf (Legend) for me. (that's saying something.)
Scotty's Honey & Chocolate is the same flavor profile as Dragon's Fire (Bronze disputes it, but it's true)
Peter Stokkebye's 84 Turkish is smooth and delightful.
Cornell & Diehl Autumn Evening has light maple tone.
Home and Hearth Anniversary Kake is a light VaPer, not as strong as H&H Louisiana Red (which is also good)
Sutliff's Molto Dulce is super sweet, good for dessert vape but too sweet for an ADV.
C&D's Briar Fox and Orlik's Golden Slice are pressed Virginias that are sweet, but too grassy for me.
Currently vaping Gawith and Haggarth Burley & Bright. Dull, but maybe good to blend with Molto Dulce (?)
And about two dozen others that did not impress me. NO LATAKIA !

Thanks for the offer, but I am fairly comfortable where I am at currently. Screw the FDA.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I have maybe six or seven strait NET's that I like. Several flavored, and several unflavored blends.
Decatur Black Cherry has replaced Gandalf (Legend) for me. (that's saying something.)
Scotty's Honey & Chocolate is the same flavor profile as Dragon's Fire (Bronze disputes it, but it's true)
Peter Stokkebye's 84 Turkish is smooth and delightful.
Cornell & Diehl Autumn Evening has light maple tone.
Home and Hearth Anniversary Kake is a light VaPer, not as strong as H&H Louisiana Red (which is also good)
Sutliff's Molto Dulce is super sweet, good for dessert vape but too sweet for an ADV.
C&D's Briar Fox and Orlik's Golden Slice are pressed Virginias that are sweet, but too grassy for me.
Currently vaping Gawith and Haggarth Burley & Bright. Dull, but maybe good to blend with Molto Dulce (?)
And about two dozen others that did not impress me. NO LATAKIA !

Thanks for the offer, but I am fairly comfortable where I am at currently. Screw the FDA.
I refer you to this...

I mean this sincerely...I have always been envious of people who can accept a wide variety of flavors and truly enjoy them. Sadly, I am not among that segment.

Reactions: checkum

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
I refer you to this...
I mean this sincerely...I have always been envious of people who can accept a wide variety of flavors and truly enjoy them. Sadly, I am not among that segment.

Whatever keeps you off the stinkiest, right, General ?

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Well I am glad to say that Smooth Criminal from Ahlusion tastes exactly how I remember it in 2011.

If you guys recall, Smooth Criminal won our NETTY awards in 2012 or 2013 and we were later hit with the scandal of learning it was not and never a NET.

I personally vaped for Patriot as my favorite NET that year.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Well I am glad to say that Smooth Criminal from Ahlusion tastes exactly how I remember it in 2011.

If you guys recall, Smooth Criminal won our NETTY awards in 2012 or 2013 and we were later hit with the scandal of learning it was not and never a NET.

I personally vaped for Patriot as my favorite NET that year.

And the NETTY Awards were subsequently renamed the Milli Vanilli Awards. :)

Reactions: AnthonyB

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Hey guys...so I'm a tobacco net guy, but prefer flavored , light nets like hhv (dragons fire, huntsman, and sludge are my 3 favs from them). And also enjoy vita bella from goodejuice. Also like some reg tobacco's like Tribeca (the only time I tried DIY was this attempt) bobas bounty, uncle cutty & oohra from indigo . Would like to try making my own nets, but first want to buy a few regular tobacco flavorings and try to make a couple regular tobacco juices . With previous mentioned juices that I listed and like, what would be a few flavorings that i can purchase to try a couple recipes? Thanks

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Hey guys...so I'm a tobacco net guy, but prefer flavored , light nets like hhv (dragons fire, huntsman, and sludge are my 3 favs from them). And also enjoy vita bella from goodejuice. Also like some reg tobacco's like Tribeca (the only time I tried DIY was this attempt) bobas bounty, uncle cutty & oohra from indigo . Would like to try making my own nets, but first want to buy a few regular tobacco flavorings and try to make a couple regular tobacco juices . With previous mentioned juices that I listed and like, what would be a few flavorings that i can purchase to try a couple recipes? Thanks

No one answered this question and I really can’t help you with DIY your own synthetic tobacco liquids except to say that I find tobacco absolute a good choice as one mixing concentrate for any synthetic tobacco base. I’ve never made a good DIY synthetic tobacco I’ve ever liked. I find most of the flavorings to be sickly and artificial except for tobacco absolute which is surprisingly a NET in the strictest definition.

There are worlds of difference between making synthetic tobaccos and NETs. Making a good NET is highly satisfying and not too difficult to start.

All you need is a good fresh tobacco such as American Spirit or most good RYO, cut it up, stick it in a mason jar with PG, leave it sit for 4-6 weeks in a cool dark place and stir it gently once during that period.

Filtering is where things get interesting and where the real art of making NETs comes into it. Some people use French coffee presses and others use 2-5 micrometer lab paper filters. The latter produces a cleaner NET that is less prone to gunking coils quickly.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I have finally tried the new Bobbas Bounty. It’s been 7 years since I had Bobbas when it was popular before it was discontinued.

I’m happy to say that I cannot tell a difference between new Bobba and old Bobba! To my palate and smell memory it tastes identical.

Reactions: vapdivrr

Arian

Sep 10, 2018
No one answered this question and I really can’t help you with DIY your own synthetic tobacco liquids except to say that I find tobacco absolute a good choice as one mixing concentrate for any synthetic tobacco base. I’ve never made a good DIY synthetic tobacco I’ve ever liked. I find most of the flavorings to be sickly and artificial except for tobacco absolute which is surprisingly a NET in the strictest definition.

There are worlds of difference between making synthetic tobaccos and NETs. Making a good NET is highly satisfying and not too difficult to start.

All you need is a good fresh tobacco such as American Spirit or most good RYO, cut it up, stick it in a mason jar with PG, leave it sit for 4-6 weeks in a cool dark place and stir it gently once during that period.

Filtering is where things get interesting and where the real art of making NETs comes into it. Some people use French coffee presses and others use 2-5 micrometer lab paper filters. The latter produces a cleaner NET that is less prone to gunking coils quickly.

I guess you make your own NET juice and was wondering what are the costs of making your own liquid..
I buy some italian NET eliquids wich cost me 7-10 paunds for 10 ml aromas and diluted at 10% you can figure out is much cheaper rather buying ready made eliquids
Would like to try making my own juice and maybe I will , but not shure how will taste and of course is it worthy or keep buying aromas
Thanks

Reactions: AnthonyB

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Wow, after all these years, you're finally gonna diy! :)
I'd say that rather than starting with a recipe, first you have to find the tobacco base you like, then add flavorings from there. Kind of like start with steak if that's your preference, and add flavorings you like that HHV uses - whether it be vanilla, caramel, etc. And another tobacco NET might be the base for your "chicken" recipe. But you have to find the base first. If you don't like the tobacco, no matter what you put in it won't do it for you.

So I'd get a sampler of Virginia, Burley, the basics, from somewhere. I use Stixx Mixx, mostly Am. Virg., but any NET company will have the basic tobaccos. For the adders like custard, vanilla, etc., FA or TFA will have those. But try a single NET first. Then try the adders as standalones. Like I always say, if a chef has never tasted garlic, how would he know how much to add to a recipe?

And you may find (like me) that you don't like to add anything to your tobacco after trying some good ones. Then life is simple.

Last edited:

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014

I just recently started DIYing and have been surprised at the flavor of some of the synthetic tobaccos I have made. I have been a dessert vaper most of the time, but these have blown me away. If there is one flavor I would suggest it is SOHO from FlavorArt. Another good one is 555 Gold by Inawera.

Flavorah has some good flavors too. I found a DIY recipe called Cardinal which is pretty special.

Vape Muppet

Apr 12, 2019
UK
I just recently started DIYing and have been surprised at the flavor of some of the synthetic tobaccos I have made. I have been a dessert vaper most of the time, but these have blown me away. If there is one flavor I would suggest it is SOHO from FlavorArt. Another good one is 555 Gold by Inawera.

Flavorah has some good flavors too. I found a DIY recipe called Cardinal which is pretty special.

I dabbled a long time ago with DIY, got decent enough results but just never had enough time to spend doing it but I agree FlavourArt are excellent. Perique Black. Soho, Cowboy, Virginia, Tuscan Reserve and King Arthur's Pipe were some of my favourites. Mix FlavourArt Tahity Vanilla or Vanilla Bourbon with Virginia for a nice vape.

Inawera Turkish and Tuscan Blend were also seriously good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread