Natural Tobaccos - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
I am vaping Smooth Criminal for the first time and yeah, it's pretty darn good fresh. Will vape it down and maybe let it sit for a week and vape another tank. My second order from Ahlusion and SC along with Sahara blend are two new ones for me. Will be trying the later once I empty a tank. They might not be NET's but they are good tobaccos that used to dominate this thread.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
It only just barely resembles the original NET. The original BGB was one of my first true mind blowing NET experiences. It tasted like a beautiful grassy NET and the room note was superb.

I have yet to try this synthetic version of Devil Dog but I expect to be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They were all great back in the day... Vlad's NETs were good and full of flavor. I liked the Caribbean Blend the most.

Reactions: AnthonyB

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
I am vaping Smooth Criminal for the first time and yeah, it's pretty darn good fresh. Will vape it down and maybe let it sit for a week and vape another tank. My second order from Ahlusion and SC along with Sahara blend are two new ones for me. Will be trying the later once I empty a tank. They might not be NET's but they are good tobaccos that used to dominate this thread.

I loved Sahara Blend-- has a spicy little top note. Ahlusions' tobacco line was so unique and no one else offered anything like it. My favorites in order:

1.Caramel Wild Wood.
2.Shipwreck
3.Sahara
4. Maple Wild Wood.
5.Smooth Criminal

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
I loved Sahara Blend-- has a spicy little top note. Ahlusions' tobacco line was so unique and no one else offered anything like it. My favorites in order:

1.Caramel Wild Wood.
2.Shipwreck
3.Sahara
4. Maple Wild Wood.
5.Smooth Criminal
I had a couple repeats in my order which I really liked which were Peachy Criminal, Maple Wild Wood, and Caribbean Blend. Threw in a caramel apple just because I wanted to try something outside their tobaccos. Did like the SC fresh and am trying the Sahara now. So far it seems kind of bland so will let it sit for a while as I noticed some of their tobaccos take a while to come out on a few of them. Guessing Sahara is one of them.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
I had a couple repeats in my order which I really liked which were Peachy Criminal, Maple Wild Wood, and Caribbean Blend. Threw in a caramel apple just because I wanted to try something outside their tobaccos. Did like the SC fresh and am trying the Sahara now. So far it seems kind of bland so will let it sit for a while as I noticed some of their tobaccos take a while to come out on a few of them. Guessing Sahara is one of them.

Oh yes, Sahara needs a good steep. It's been so long I forgot about that.... The Caribbean Blend they have now is not the same as it once was. I am curious to hear your thoughts on that one.

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
Oh yes, Sahara needs a good steep. It's been so long I forgot about that.... The Caribbean Blend they have now is not the same as it once was. I am curious to hear your thoughts on that one.
Thanks for confirming that. I never had the old formula of Caribbean so not sure how it compares. I get a light tobacco with the usual rum/spice notes from Caribbean tobaccos. I have not had it in a few months and have not broken into the new bottle so just going off memory. Going to wait at least 3 weeks before trying just based on the last time I had it. Same with the others as they all got better the longer they sat. Have enough of my DIY liquids and other stuff I bought so the only hassle is my being impatient LOL

• Agree
Reactions: Skeebo

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia

1.Caramel Wild Wood.
2.Shipwreck
3.Sahara
4. Maple Wild Wood.
5.Smooth Criminal

Smooth criminal is one of the surprise packets for me in ahlusion 2019. It tastes just how I remember it.

Devil Dog, BGB and carribean blend are mere shadows of their former NET selves but still enjoyable to vape.

I gave the Apple wild wood away I liked it that little.

However the cherry wild wood and caramel wild wood are still great.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
Isn't Godfather suppose to be the original Smooth Criminal?
Yeah, but Anthony said he tried the current "Smooth Criminal", so I was curious if he had tried the pre-2014 SC. I wanted to know what his frame of reference was. Godfather is supposed to be the pre-2014 Smooth Criminal, not the current SC. I haven't tried either since 2015 or so, and I got a little nostalgic. Thinking about putting in an order; maybe a couple from MOV and Heathers too.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Did you ever try the original Smooth Criminal (prior to 2014)?

Yes I had it in 2012. It tastes the same to me and that aligns with what we later learnt about Smooth Criminal never having been a NET.

The aromatics have changed dramatically because WLAD stopped making them from a NET base following the announcement of the deeming regulations.

I have been vaping devil dog in the last few days. I used to love the NET version of Devil Dog before WLAD changed the recipe to a synthetic one.

The current day Devil Dog is awful IMO. It is almost throw away bad. What was great about Devil Dog was the strong Latakia experience. As a NET it qualified as a good sometimes-vape as something stiff and bold with that leafy goodness of Latakia and the robust experience of a good cigar.

The modern day Devil Dog loses all the Latakia goodness but retains the overpowering elements. I don’t see how there can even be a market in the modern vaping world for Devil Dog or even the synthetic blue grass burley. They lose what NET vapers loved about those juices.

• Agree
Reactions: Str8vision

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Yeah, but Anthony said he tried the current "Smooth Criminal", so I was curious if he had tried the pre-2014 SC. I wanted to know what his frame of reference was. Godfather is supposed to be the pre-2014 Smooth Criminal, not the current SC. I haven't tried either since 2015 or so, and I got a little nostalgic. Thinking about putting in an order; maybe a couple from MOV and Heathers too.

I can’t tell the difference. I got both of them. I guess I haven’t searched for the difference but Ahlusions descriptions on the current equivalents of the old Smooth Criminal seem nebulous to me. Both Godfather and Smooth Criminal are similar. Perhaps the Godfather has a bit more of a chocolate rounding to it but when I tried Smooth Criminal 2019 I felt that it was exactly how I remember Smooth Criminal 2012.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I just slam dunked an order with NET.com for the first time in 2 1/2 years!

There was a 20% off summer sale which may still be going. I found it too tempting given than I don’t currently have a single NET in my inventory.

When the order finally gets here I will give some of my thoughts.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
I just slam dunked an order with NET.com for the first time in 2 1/2 years!

There was a 20% off summer sale which may still be going. I found it too tempting given than I don’t currently have a single NET in my inventory.

When the order finally gets here I will give some of my thoughts.

@AnthonyB
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
But, which did you order?

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
@AnthonyB
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
But, which did you order?

A lot lol

I got a lot in 5ml samplers but amongst the juices I got in 15ml bottles were air cured burley, big spirit, NS Brown, analog blend, Oak Cask, mercenary, sheik el bint, upside down pineapple, cinnamon Sugar Cookie, Coventry, Balkan, Rum Rebellion, Spec Ops.

I was really looking forward to some Latakia with devil dog from ahlusion but it was such a let down.

Reactions: Bronze

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
A lot lol

I got a lot in 5ml samplers but amongst the juices I got in 15ml bottles were air cured burley, big spirit, NS Brown, analog blend, Oak Cask, mercenary, sheik el bint, upside down pineapple, cinnamon Sugar Cookie, Coventry, Balkan, Rum Rebellion, Spec Ops.

I was really looking forward to some Latakia with devil dog from ahlusion but it was such a let down.

I've continued to get most my juice from NET even though it takes longer these days to receive an order.

I am a Latakia fiend, and their juices really hit the spot for me - lots of flavor and a strong throat hit. I'm curious to hear your opinion also. I iiked and re-ordered AC Burley, Analog, and Balkan. Their cigarette flavors (big spirit, NS brown) only worked for me when I bought extracts and mixed at 30-33%. Oak Cask, Mercenary, Coventry, and Rum Rebellion just didn't have the same level of flavor fo me.

As always, everyone is different in their preferences. Right now, I think Shek-el-bint is my absolute favorite though I also like Bombay a lot. I was very impressed with both English Blend and Scottish Blend and large bottles will be on my next order.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I've continued to get most my juice from NET even though it takes longer these days to receive an order.

I am a Latakia fiend, and their juices really hit the spot for me - lots of flavor and a strong throat hit. I'm curious to hear your opinion also. I iiked and re-ordered AC Burley, Analog, and Balkan. Their cigarette flavors (big spirit, NS brown) only worked for me when I bought extracts and mixed at 30-33%. Oak Cask, Mercenary, Coventry, and Rum Rebellion just didn't have the same level of flavor fo me.

As always, everyone is different in their preferences. Right now, I think Shek-el-bint is my absolute favorite though I also like Bombay a lot. I was very impressed with both English Blend and Scottish Blend and large bottles will be on my next order.

I think I forgot to order Bombay. Might check if it is too late to order :)

Reactions: GeekyGeezer

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
I haven't been really excited by most straight tobacco NETs. Right now, Black Note Sonata and Prelude are the two I happily vape. The others from them or NET or RTE are just too ashtray for me.
On the other hand, I'm really pleased with many flavored NETs from both RTE and NET. Just my taste at the moment. My last order from NET had a couple I'd never had before. Coconut Cavendish, Blackberry Burley, Carameld Pecan and Orange Blossom Honey. All very nice. But, I like tobacco's on the sweet end.

Reactions: Bronze

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
I haven't been really excited by most straight tobacco NETs. Right now, Black Note Sonata and Prelude are the two I happily vape. The others from them or NET or RTE are just too ashtray for me.
On the other hand, I'm really pleased with many flavored NETs from both RTE and NET. Just my taste at the moment. My last order from NET had a couple I'd never had before. Coconut Cavendish, Blackberry Burley, Carameld Pecan and Orange Blossom Honey. All very nice. But, I like tobacco's on the sweet end.

I think we could use each other for juice recommendations, but 180 degrees out of phase. So far, whatever I really like you don't, and from what I can see vice versa. :)

So it might be strange for someone who doesn't care for sweetness that I heartily agree with Blackberry Burley and Orange Blossom Honey. Yes, they have some sweetness but the flavors and the tobacco really complement each other and neither stands out over the other.

Just on a whim, I got some Black Currant and was amazed I liked it so much. It's always been in stock here ever since. I like cherry flavors, but everything I've tried at NET and other places is just way too chemical tasting or else too subtle for me.

It's not a NET, but Nata is an interesting juice. It's named after a Portugese apricot tart. It's not the nasty apricot that most juices use, and I don't always pick up the bakery component. I think the only seller anywhere nearby is in Canada so it takes an effort to buy it.

And hey, I started out on topic regarding NETs so disregard that previous paragraph if needed.

Reactions: AnthonyB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread