Natural Tobaccos - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I just recently started DIYing and have been surprised at the flavor of some of the synthetic tobaccos I have made. I have been a dessert vaper most of the time, but these have blown me away. If there is one flavor I would suggest it is SOHO from FlavorArt. Another good one is 555 Gold by Inawera.

Flavorah has some good flavors too. I found a DIY recipe called Cardinal which is pretty special.
I have to say that I don't really care for much of anything sweetened, but I did do SOHO for a while. It really is pretty good tasting, and not overly sweet. Probably my favorite non-straight tobacco since I started DIY. But it was just too "soft" for me - never got enough TH. But knowing Diver likes them cased a little, that would probably be a great one to try. And I think you go about 90mg on the nic, @vapdivrr , so you should still get decent TH. ;)

Reactions: vapdivrr

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
I have to say that I don't really care for much of anything sweetened, but I did do SOHO for a while. It really is pretty good tasting, and not overly sweet. Probably my favorite non-straight tobacco since I started DIY. But it was just too "soft" for me - never got enough TH. But knowing Diver likes them cased a little, that would probably be a great one to try. And I think you go about 90mg on the nic, @vapdivrr , so you should still get decent TH. ;)

One downfall about SOHO is that you have to mix it at a very high percentage. It only started to shine for me at 13%. It reminds me so much of Prime 15 from Halo.

Reactions: AnthonyB

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Do like that TH. 36mg is the highest I do, but only on one juice because it's just a tad weak at 24....[emoji91]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I just recently started DIYing and have been surprised at the flavor of some of the synthetic tobaccos I have made. I have been a dessert vaper most of the time, but these have blown me away. If there is one flavor I would suggest it is SOHO from FlavorArt. Another good one is 555 Gold by Inawera.

Flavorah has some good flavors too. I found a DIY recipe called Cardinal which is pretty special.
That sounds like a good choice, appreciate that...

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Wow, after all these years, you're finally gonna diy! :)
I'd say that rather than starting with a recipe, first you have to find the tobacco base you like, then add flavorings from there. Kind of like start with steak if that's your preference, and add flavorings you like that HHV uses - whether it be vanilla, caramel, etc. And another tobacco NET might be the base for your "chicken" recipe. But you have to find the base first. If you don't like the tobacco, no matter what you put in it won't do it for you.

So I'd get a sampler of Virginia, Burley, the basics, from somewhere. I use Stixx Mixx, mostly Am. Virg., but any NET company will have the basic tobaccos. For the adders like custard, vanilla, etc., FA or TFA will have those. But try a single NET first. Then try the adders as standalones. Like I always say, if a chef has never tasted garlic, how would he know how much to add to a recipe?

And you may find (like me) that you don't like to add anything to your tobacco after trying some good ones. Then life is simple.
Yep, gonna give it a go . I'm hoping it will replace my shinitus and will really get into it....gonna keep your suggestions for sure..

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I have finally tried the new Bobbas Bounty. It’s been 7 years since I had Bobbas when it was popular before it was discontinued.

I’m happy to say that I cannot tell a difference between new Bobba and old Bobba! To my palate and smell memory it tastes identical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's funny how the opinions differ on this. I'm with you, as I find it very close and have been vaping the new bobas for a while now. It's not an adv for me, as its probably the sweetest juice I vape, but once in a while it hits the spot. Some say it's nowhere near the same, so perhaps their mixes are inconsistent or perhaps our memories are ?

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
It's funny how the opinions differ on this. I'm with you, as I find it very close and have been vaping the new bobas for a while now. It's not an adv for me, as its probably the sweetest juice I vape, but once in a while it hits the spot. Some say it's nowhere near the same, so perhaps their mixes are inconsistent or perhaps our memories are ?

I need to try my Boba’s again. Geez, it’s been several months. To be honest, it was so bad then that I’m afraid to try it again and ruin my taste buds for the rest of the day.

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
Am I the only one who thinks it takes several ml of NET before your taste buds finally settle into it ?
Been Vaping Peter Stokkebey 84 Turkish over the weekend. It is really starting to shone for me now.
On the lighter/mild ones, I do. Which I think you are into.

I am currently straining a latakia blend. Just through coffee filter. I only use 2% so extra flavour of not over filtered is worth it for me. Be different if I used 10+%

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia

It’s a spitting image of the old Bobba. I only threw out a 5 year old bottle a year ago so it’s still fresh on my memory how the old gen used to taste.

Not only does it taste the same but it has the same viscosity too.

Vaping styles have changed so it’s possible the people who think it has changed used to vape old Bobbas in small MTL tanks and now vape at sub-ohm levels.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
It’s a spitting image of the old Bobba. I only threw out a 5 year old bottle a year ago so it’s still fresh on my memory how the old gen used to taste.

Not only does it taste the same but it has the same viscosity too.

Vaping styles have changed so it’s possible the people who think it has changed used to vape old Bobbas in small MTL tanks and now vape at sub-ohm levels.

I was going to say the very same thing regarding perhaps different gear , so i agree with that....me, I'm pretty much vaping the same kind of set up as I was 7 years ago, so it tastes the same to me...my last original BB was a bottle from 2013 that was hiding and found like 3 years ago and was still very tasty after sitting 3 years, so not as fresh in my memory as yours....

Reactions: Bronze

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I need to try my Boba’s again. Geez, it’s been several months. To be honest, it was so bad then that I’m afraid to try it again and ruin my taste buds for the rest of the day.
Sounds like flavor 39....before the new BB , they had flavor 39 I think they called it and they stated it was kind of close to BB, but not quite, so I figured I would try.....that was some crappy tasting stuff imo and like you, it stayed with me all day....vaped like 1 ml , let it steep for 2 months, tried it again and poured it out....

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Sounds like flavor 39....before the new BB , they had flavor 39 I think they called it and they stated it was kind of close to BB, but not quite, so I figured I would try.....that was some crappy tasting stuff imo and like you, it stayed with me all day....vaped like 1 ml , let it steep for 2 months, tried it again and poured it out....

My bottle has a 1/23/19 date on it. I'm vaping it now. First time since after I first received it. Almost tossed my cookies back then. Now I can vape it. It's not nearly as bad. Don't see it in my rotation but it is not offensive like it was when I got it. This stuff clearly benefits from some aging. That spicy note that Boba's is noted for is definitely present and how I remember it when I first tried Bobas back in 2012. It was this spicy note concentrated 10x that made it nauseous to me. That spicy note is MUCH subdued 5 months later (though still the prominent note). There were many Bobas fans who tried Dragon's Fire back then who really dug DF. As if the two were in the same orbit. I can see similarities but also the differences.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
My bottle has a 1/23/19 date on it. I'm vaping it now. First time since after I first received it. Almost tossed my cookies back then. Now I can vape it. It's not nearly as bad. Don't see it in my rotation but it is not offensive like it was when I got it. This stuff clearly benefits from some aging. That spicy note that Boba's is noted for is definitely present and how I remember it when I first tried Bobas back in 2012. It was this spicy note concentrated 10x that made it nauseous to me. That spicy note is MUCH subdued 5 months later (though still the prominent note). There were many Bobas fans who tried Dragon's Fire back then who really dug DF. As if the two were in the same orbit. I can see similarities but also the differences.
I know that twang you are talking about and yes it does smooth and after you kind of vape more, you start thinking of it differently. I now get a sweet taste from it that's smooth and dont really taste that spice anymore....it kind of changes for me, if I think sweet it is, if I think like a gingerbread spice, I then can taste that...I also think rayon takes that sharpness away compared to cotton.....like you said, its definitely not something I can vape all day, but a few vapes here and there is not bad at all

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I know that twang you are talking about and yes it does smooth and after you kind of vape more, you start thinking of it differently. I now get a sweet taste from it that's smooth and dont really taste that spice anymore....it kind of changes for me, if I think sweet it is, if I think like a gingerbread spice, I then can taste that...I also think rayon takes that sharpness away compared to cotton.....like you said, its definitely not something I can vape all day, but a few vapes here and there is not bad at all

Gingerbread is exactly what it is. The flavor is very familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it. I kept wanting to say graham cracker but it isn't quite that. DF is more graham cracker. Bobas is more gingerbread.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
It was extremely odd to me. Tasted like green peppers, nasty.

It only just barely resembles the original NET. The original BGB was one of my first true mind blowing NET experiences. It tasted like a beautiful grassy NET and the room note was superb.

I have yet to try this synthetic version of Devil Dog but I expect to be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread