Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I'll add what I know that's rarely (if ever) discussed here. Stixx Mixx. This place sells tobacco extract only. Perfect for the DIYer. I've tried four flavors thus far: Nicaraguan Viso, Honduran Liegro, The Supreme, Havana Primed. All four were EXCELLENT! There are many others that are interesting. If you DIY (which you should due to the impending regulations) then these are a must.

NET Flavors – Stixx Mixx

IMG_1305 (Phone).JPEG

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I'll add what I know that's rarely (if ever) discussed here. Stixx Mixx. This place sells tobacco extract only. Perfect for the DIYer. I've tried four flavors thus far: Nicaraguan Viso, Honduran Liegro, The Supreme, Havana Primed. All four were EXCELLENT! There are many others that are interesting. If you DIY (which you should due to the impending regulations) then these are a must.

NET Flavors – Stixx Mixx

View attachment 852765
Yep. Not sure why SM doesn't get more love here. I used to use non-NET tobacco flavors, and it blew my mind first time I tried these. American Virginian is my favorite, and it's all I've used for about a year and a half.

Not only that, this stuff is a fraction of the cost of the other NETs out there. And I use it at about 6%, so it's really virtually free. A small bottle lasts me ages.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Yep. Not sure why SM doesn't get more love here. I used to use non-NET tobacco flavors, and it blew my mind first time I tried these. American Virginian is my favorite, and it's all I've used for about a year and a half.

Not only that, this stuff is a fraction of the cost of the other NETs out there. And I use it at about 6%, so it's really virtually free. A small bottle lasts me ages.
yeah, I’m looking forward to trying some others.

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central

NET Flavors – Stixx Mixx

View attachment 852765

I really appreciate that link since I'm always in the market for good NETS. I just ordered an assortment to give them a try.

But I am a bit confused. I've had great luck using extracts from MVJ, NET.com, and Doodlebug. I smoked hi test cigs so many years that I still like a strong kick. All three of those places recommended 20% (or so) extract ratio, and at times I'm doing 30% to get the flavor I like. But I see Stixx recommends more in the range of 4-7% which is a huge difference. Is their extract that much stronger? Dropped them an email to ask but thought I'd ask a user here first.

Reactions: Sed8op8

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I really appreciate that link since I'm always in the market for good NETS. I just ordered an assortment to give them a try.

But I am a bit confused. I've had great luck using extracts from MVJ, NET.com, and Doodlebug. I smoked hi test cigs so many years that I still like a strong kick. All three of those places recommended 20% (or so) extract ratio, and at times I'm doing 30% to get the flavor I like. But I see Stixx recommends more in the range of 4-7% which is a huge difference. Is their extract that much stronger? Dropped them an email to ask but thought I'd ask a user here first.
Don’t know Geez. I mixed mine at 10% and it worked for me. I suspect we’re all different.

i’m sure you will enjoy Ty’s extracts. Many to choose from too.

Reactions: GeekyGeezer

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
gotta say, checked out one of theirs, and they're exactly 200% as expensive as Naturally-Extracted-Tobacco.com's. N-E-T also allows me to choose "cold macerated," which is how i make mine. 120ml glass bottles ⩯$40.

50 or 60ml of pure extract = $4. And the bottle would be another dollar.
I don't know what the future holds for Vendors, but I will keep vaping, and I will keep enjoying NET flavors. Three years into homemade NET's and I have maybe eight flavors I keep going back to.
Are they as clean as Vendor liquids ? No. Anything with Vanilla top notes will gunk up the coils in 4 or 5ml, while cleaner blends like 84 Turkish and Anniversary Kake might last 10ml before a dry burn and wick replacement.
Every winter I make maybe 600ml of various extracts for about $50. Time and patience, with a little bit of effort, and I have two to three times more than I can vape in a single year. And it's not hard to do, at all.
My advice would be to stop fretting and come up with a backup plan.

Reactions: Bronze

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014

The difference may reflect changes in vaping styles. I liked NET.com at 5W with a flavor shot, which would be about 30%. Currently back to Goodejuice in my EVOD. But with my RDA with loose draw, that stuff is practically pure extract, strong but without the kind of flavor enhancement of a tight draw either. It works better as a light flavor with a more satisfying body. Most of my mixes are .2-2% except for NETs more like 5%.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    I chose mild/plain NETs from Stixx Mixx because I plan on adding flavoring to my NET blends. It's likely my NET content will be around 5% with flavorings making up the rest. BTW, Stixx Mixx has a link somewhere that takes you to dozens and dozens of DIY recipes using their extracts.

And finally, to add to Pop's post above. He sent me some of his home brew NETs a couple months ago. They were very good. As someone who has been getting into DIY (as a result of the impending Deeming regs), making my own extracts is a very real possibility. Relying on vendor extracts is risky. There's no telling how long they will be around. Pops has proven one can make their own quality NETs without a major investment.

If you're not doing DIY, I would recommend you seriously consider it...and quick. Deeming kicks in in May, 2020.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 30, 2011
    All over the place
    Ah well................very quiet. I miss the good old days on this thread. This is goodbye I guess.

Times have changed, for sure. But I've been thinking about getting some GeJ. I'd love some Patriot, Fire Cured, and Vita Bella. But those prices have not changed. Trying to grapple with paying for 30 mL of 2014 prices.

I chose mild/plain NETs from Stixx Mixx because I plan on adding flavoring to my NET blends. It's likely my NET content will be around 5% with flavorings making up the rest. BTW, Stixx Mixx has a link somewhere that takes you to dozens and dozens of DIY recipes using their extracts.

And finally, to add to Pop's post above. He sent me some of his home brew NETs a couple months ago. They were very good. As someone who has been getting into DIY (as a result of the impending Deeming regs), making my own extracts is a very real possibility. Relying on vendor extracts is risky. There's no telling how long they will be around. Pops has proven one can make their own quality NETs without a major investment.

If you're not doing DIY, I would recommend you seriously consider it...and quick. Deeming kicks in in May, 2020.

I second that.

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 14, 2015
    Flyover Central
    After reading a couple of earlier posts, I'm tempted to try the StixxMixx extracts.
    My preference is for a sweeter NET, rather than a dry ash tray one.
    Any thoughts on this?

After the mention last week, I bought 6 different juices from Stixx. They arrived yesterday and I've only got around to mixing one of them. I used my normal ratios and my immediate impression is that it's a very good juice. It's (Dark Fire) pretty complex with lots of flavor notes I'm still figuring out. I am pretty sure that it's going to get even better as it ages a bit.

We like different types of juices so I can't be of much use as to the ashy taste, other than to say the description on their page was very accurate to what I'm tasting. I did have a question which they answered very quickly. The package left the next day and got here quickly without any drama.

Who knows how the whole vape world is going to shake out, but right now I'm pretty happy since I think I've found a new source for great, reasonably priced NETs.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    After the mention last week, I bought 6 different juices from Stixx. They arrived yesterday and I've only got around to mixing one of them. I used my normal ratios and my immediate impression is that it's a very good juice. It's (Dark Fire) pretty complex with lots of flavor notes I'm still figuring out. I am pretty sure that it's going to get even better as it ages a bit.

We like different types of juices so I can't be of much use as to the ashy taste, other than to say the description on their page was very accurate to what I'm tasting. I did have a question which they answered very quickly. The package left the next day and got here quickly without any drama.

Who knows how the whole vape world is going to shake out, but right now I'm pretty happy since I think I've found a new source for great, reasonably priced NETs.
    And who knows if Stixx survives the Deeming regs. But I suppose buying in bulk and freezing could be a viable option too.

• Agree
    Reactions: GeekyGeezer

nostradadus

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 6, 2014
    Not to be a noodge... but, I still can't comprehend why folks don’t just make their own NET liquids. It’s pretty darned easy to do. Plus, WAY cheaper than buying pre-made liquid. For about 12 to 15 bucks, one can make roughly 1000ml of ready to vape NET liquid.

After +/- 60 different tobacco extractions later... I’ve saved a BUNCH of money and had fun at the same time. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread